Thread: sqeezy sound when step on gas~

My Cars
    96 328is 5sp

sqeezy sound when step on gas~

hi guys, i need help on my 96 328is (135k).
    as my last oil change, a month ago, the shop told me i need to replace the clutch in future, maybe next oil change. but my clutch is working ok, no slip, still runs strong.
    The problem is i hear some sqeezy sound when i step on gas everytime in 1st gear. So i test it out today. When the car stand still, 1st gear, release the clutch, i heard the squeezy sound without i hit on the gas, after all, i step on gas and releast the clutch, the squeeze started louder and went on 1-2 sec, after all, shift to 2nd and 3rd and so on, no problem, the car still runs strong, i don't know what happen to the car, the sound came from the front.
    Then i just shift from 1st to 3rd, (like 5mph then go into 3rd) and the squeeze sound started again. have anyone has this experience? I don't know if the engine or clutch's problem.

sorry for the english<--not my first lanuage =)

My Cars
    96 328is 5sp
    no one?

My Cars
    96 328is, 01 M5
    bump, no clue what that could be but hope someone can help you!

^^ Really old picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe1O1 View Post
    I am going to make a bold claim, that the f30 is this millenium's e30...... god needed a new chariot, he decided to upgrade to something thats not falling apart and making farting noises down the street having satan laughing at him.
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkchaser View Post
    Idiocracy was supposed to be cautionary tale, not a prophecy.

My Cars
    1998 328is
    BMW makes a special tool for measuring the clutch wear...you remove the slave, insert this tool and measure the clutch...no more guesswork. As for the gas pedal, try lubricating the joints with some silicone spray.

My Cars
    96 328is 5sp
    As for the gas pedal, try lubricating the joints with some silicone spray.
    it's not the pedal. the sound if from outside the car. not sure is the engine or the clutch made that sound.

My Cars
    96 328is 5sp
    i let the shop checked today. the guy said it's the clutch bearing. So i need to replace it when i change my clutch kit...

My Cars
    M42 E30
    He is probably talking about the clutch throw out bearing because from what I remember, there is no other bearing in there. From what I hear, when it goes bad, you get this whining sound and when it is about to completely break down, the clutch pedal would vibrate violently when stepped on. This is not from my own experience, just what I heard from others.