Thread: My battery replacement update.

My Cars
    Sold 528iT, Mazda6
    Well I went out today to find a battery for my 95 M3.

I first stopped at the BMW dealership, but the service and parts depts close at 1:00PM (big surprise).

So I stopped at Sears. It turns out nothing was in the database for the 95 M3. What was in the database was the group 48 for the 92-96 M3's (in the book, not the computer database).

In any case, since there is a money back warranty, I picked up the battery. The battery is the same dimentions except for being around an inch shorter in length. It has the vent adaptation for BMW's.

It took around a half hour to an hour to install. The venting worked no problem. There is a screw with a bracket that holds the battery in place, it had to be moved to the left one place.

The Sears Diehard costs $99 dollars and puts out 700 CCA (50 more then the stock Douglas. It is lighter and looks better with my black interior (if I ever need to show off my battery).

I did not get the core refund since I did not return the old battery back to Sears (to lazy to travel there).

FYI: They had several in stock (no one else had anything compatible).

My Cars
    '97 M3
    Just another data point: I needed a new battery and happened to be at the dealer (Dent Wizard is wonderful!). I don't know if they stopped making the battery that came with '97 M3s, but they gave me a slightly different battery that was shorter, lighter, had a neet green 'eye' to monitor electrolyte something, and cost $93 w/CCA discount, $10 cheaper than the previous battery.

How's the DieHard working out? I wish I had a similar money-back guarantee from the dealer

scott yu

Originally posted by dbruce
    Well I went out today to find a battery for my 95 M3.

I first stopped at the BMW dealership, but the service and parts depts close at 1:00PM (big surprise).

So I stopped at Sears. It turns out nothing was in the database for the 95 M3. What was in the database was the group 48 for the 92-96 M3's (in the book, not the computer database).

FYI: They had several in stock (no one else had anything compatible).

My Cars
    Sold 528iT, Mazda6

working perfectly

My M3 never started with such authority.

I also think my key fob is starting the car from much farther away.

Shall have to do further testing on the fob.