Thread: aeromotive fuel pressure regulator

My Cars
    t67 328is - KIA

aeromotive fuel pressure regulator

i am trying to figure out how to install my fuel pressure regulator. i have this aromotive one http://www.aeromotiveinc.com/pdetail.php?prod=10
    model 13109

should i install it in the same place as the stock fpr under the driver seat or should i put it somewhere in the engine compartment? if so where should it be? i want it to be accessible but do not want to run fuel lines all over the engine compartment. what do you guys reccomend. does it work in addition to the stock fpr or does it ccompletely replace it?

what size are the stock fuel lines?
    M52 Power! 500whp?, ? ft/lbs
    Mods:8.5:1 CP pistons, Eagle rods, S52 cams, M50 intake manifold, Eurosport High Performance underdrive pullies, 3.23 lsd, ZKW's w. DDE, BBS RC's 18x8.5, Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sport springs, Eibach sway bars, BMW Motorsports x-brace, pwr 57mm rad, stewart high performance water pump, 6000k prolumen hid's, m tech kit

custom turbo: sias tuning tec3, t67 ho, spa turbo manifold, 24x12x3 ebay intercooler, 750 cc low impedence injectors, arp head studs, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive fuel pressure regulator, hks ezII evc, tial 50mm bov, tial 40mm wastegate, plx m250 wideband o2, cartech motor mount, turbowerx oil scavenge pump, spa gauges

My Cars
    2011 Honda Fit Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by byron View Post
    i am trying to figure out how to install my fuel pressure regulator. i have this aromotive one http://www.aeromotiveinc.com/pdetail.php?prod=10
    model 13109

should i install it in the same place as the stock fpr under the driver seat or should i put it somewhere in the engine compartment? if so where should it be? i want it to be accessible but do not want to run fuel lines all over the engine compartment. what do you guys reccomend. does it work in addition to the stock fpr or does it ccompletely replace it?

what size are the stock fuel lines?

Byron, you are going to want to run -6an lines for your fuel. the aeromotive replaces your stock FPR, i would locate the aeromotive unit in the engine bay in the cruise control unit area and fab up a nice bracket. then just run -6an lines. one for feed and return.

-6an lines will work perfectly
    Nikon D800e | Nikon D700 | MB-D10 | SB900 | SB800 | SB600 | LumPro160 | Nikon 85 1.4G | Sigma 50 1.4 | Sigma 35 1.4

My Cars
    t67 328is - KIA
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmoE36 View Post
    Byron, you are going to want to run -6an lines for your fuel. the aeromotive replaces your stock FPR, i would locate the aeromotive unit in the engine bay in the cruise control unit area and fab up a nice bracket. then just run -6an lines. one for feed and return.

-6an lines will work perfectly
    so should i be redoing all my fuel lines? now is the time to do it if i am going to.
    Mods:8.5:1 CP pistons, Eagle rods, S52 cams, M50 intake manifold, Eurosport High Performance underdrive pullies, 3.23 lsd, ZKW's w. DDE, BBS RC's 18x8.5, Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sport springs, Eibach sway bars, BMW Motorsports x-brace, pwr 57mm rad, stewart high performance water pump, 6000k prolumen hid's, m tech kit

custom turbo: sias tuning tec3, t67 ho, spa turbo manifold, 24x12x3 ebay intercooler, 750 cc low impedence injectors, arp head studs, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive fuel pressure regulator, hks ezII evc, tial 50mm bov, tial 40mm wastegate, plx m250 wideband o2, cartech motor mount, turbowerx oil scavenge pump, spa gauges

My Cars
    2011 Honda Fit Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by byron View Post
    so should i be redoing all my fuel lines? now is the time to do it if i am going to.
    well are you going to be using your stock fuel rail? or getting an aftermarket.

i recomend the boost logic piece that has all the fittings on it ready to go. just for EASE of bolt on..

if you reuse your stock rail i beleive you will need to get the rail tapped to accept pipe thread fitting of a specific size to use a -6an fitting

you really only need 2 SS lines to go to and leave the FPR. they wil need to be around 2 feet each line i beleive.
    Nikon D800e | Nikon D700 | MB-D10 | SB900 | SB800 | SB600 | LumPro160 | Nikon 85 1.4G | Sigma 50 1.4 | Sigma 35 1.4

My Cars
    t67 328is - KIA
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmoE36 View Post
    well are you going to be using your stock fuel rail? or getting an aftermarket.

i recomend the boost logic piece that has all the fittings on it ready to go. just for EASE of bolt on..

if you reuse your stock rail i beleive you will need to get the rail tapped to accept pipe thread fitting of a specific size to use a -6an fitting

you really only need 2 SS lines to go to and leave the FPR. they wil need to be around 2 feet each line i beleive.
    i would rather just reuse the stock fuel rail if i can. so could i just get the return line retapped to -6an and run that to the fpr then run the -6an line down to where the stock fpr was and get a fitting to convert the stock to -6an?
    am i making this more complicated than it should be?

My Cars
    5 Series Sport Wagon
    I ran a #6 line from the pump to the filter then to the back of the aluminum fuel rail I made ,then took the return off the front of the rail to the fpr mounted on the shock tower. I then ran the return line to the return to the tank. All you see is one simple #6 line and the fpr. Clean as a whistle and very functional. ///J.T.///
    Lot's of new stuff hope it stays together a little longer. LOL

My Cars
    t67 328is - KIA
    Quote Originally Posted by got psi View Post
    I ran a #6 line from the pump to the filter then to the back of the aluminum fuel rail I made ,then took the return off the front of the rail to the fpr mounted on the shock tower. I then ran the return line to the return to the tank. All you see is one simple #6 line and the fpr. Clean as a whistle and very functional. ///J.T.///
    thanks, that is what i will do