Thread: new spark plugs, with wires or without

new spark plugs, with wires or without

got 35k on my car. about to buy some oem spark plugs, and change them myself. do i need to buy new wires, or just the spark plugs.
    imo...because the car is relatively still "young" i dont need the wires....but correct me if im wrong.
    04 M3 6sp black/cinnamon

My Cars
    1995 Cosmos M3
    E36 M3 dont have spark plug wires, just coils.

With only 35K, I'd say those are ok for now
    1995 Cosmos M3

Wanted (New or Used):
    3.2L Euro Supersprint Headers / Kromerkraft headers

For Sale:
    Many E36 M3 Items for Sale

My Cars
    98 Turbo M3, 04 E53 X5
    I got the 3199 NGK plugs from www.PerformanceMotorcars.com (their part # F1000-98075)

They were the cheapest and offered free shipping for spending $50

Car is running great!

One more thing, I see your in NY...I ordered the plugs and they were here the next day. They have a warehouse in Edison, NJ You have to order them before 1pm to get them the next day

98 Fern Green M3/2 - Precision 6870/AR Designs Twin Scroll/RK/E85
    2017 Toyota Tundra Crewmaxx - Family Whip
    2011 Pierce 75' Quint - Fire Apparatus West Islip FD

ny98m3, are those stock plugs? or aftermarket, if they arent stock, how do they compare.
    thanks.
    04 M3 6sp black/cinnamon

Def is offline Lead Disagreement Eng PE
    My Cars
    SW22, Volt
    I just installed those NGK spark plugs in my '98 with 67k miles on it last night. Cold starts are definitely less rough, although the car still burbles and shakes a bit(although I hear this is normal for an S52).

I did this at the same time I replaced my air filter(OEM Paper) and removed my intake baffles and water ingestion flap. Oh, and changed the oil.

Power is definitely improved. Not by alot, but definitely noticeable. I'm not sure what was the biggest contributor, but since my plugs appeared to be the original ones from the factory I'm sure some new ones helped out.

BTW - at 35k miles I don't think you *NEED* new plugs since you have platinium ones to start out with. If you want to do some preventive maintence, don't let me stop you - but you're definitely good to at least 60k miles on platinium plugs.

I have 46K and want to replace the plugs as well. When driving at a constant speed, if I quickly tap the throttle, the car lurches forward and stumbles all over itself. It isn't too bad, but it gets VERY annoying. I'm thinking it's the plugs, but maybe the coils went bad?