Thread: oil separator obd2 manifold to obd1

My Cars
    96 bmw m3 turbo, 2003 m3

oil separator obd2 manifold to obd1

i want to know how you hook up an oil separator if its not going into the intake manifold because i have a 97 m3 and put a obd1 intake manifold and now i feel more boost now but my oil separator just has an filter on the said that has to be in the manifold

My Cars
    M3
    First of all, is this a SC'd application? I read "feel more boost" because most SC'd applications remove the oil or cyclone seperator and is replaced by a filter or oil catch can. If not SC'd, yes the oil seperator does not have to be mounted to the intake directly..

What you do is on the obd1 manifold on the under side where the big vacuum port is for the ICV you put a 1 inch od nipple that you can buy and will snap into the manifold. You run about 2 inches of 1 inch hose like heater hose,run that hose into a 1 inch tee, from there on the one side of the t you run about 3-4 inches of 1 inch heater hose to your ICV. Take the grey rubber grommet off the ICV the 1 inch heater hose will now fit over the ICV good, of course use hose clamps. The other side of the T again run about 3-4 inches of 1 inch heater hose to your oil seperator clamp that down. From there run your one hose from the oil seperator to the valve cover, and the other hose to the dipstick..
    Last edited by STOLI311; 08-14-2006 at 10:05 AM.
    Artic silver/461 RWHP/356 FT LBS TORQUE/Vortech SC 10.5 psi boost/RMS aftercooler/Wiseco forged pistons .25 over/Ported & polished head-oversized valves/Schrick cams/Euro oil cooler/Dinan TB/M-50 manifold/42 PSI injectors/Bav.Auto HP coils/U.D Pulleys/A.A race exhaust/TT tuning(Nick G)/AA race headers/ARP/Vac MS HG .098/ Porshe HFM/Koni Coilovers/18in SSR/UUC BBK/Pro Comp. Gauges/PLX wideband/Lt weight flywheel/.
    Updated dyno coming soon.

My Cars
    03 Jeep, 05 R6
    You cant feed the CCV boost anyway becuase it will just explode.

///3oris is offline "Diogenes the Cynic"
    My Cars
    '96 M3 Turbo, '04 Yamaha R6
    Quote Originally Posted by tony m booster View Post
    i want to know how you hook up an oil separator if its not going into the intake manifold because i have a 97 m3 and put a obd1 intake manifold and now i feel more boost now but my oil separator just has an filter on the said that has to be in the manifold
    What turbo kit are you using, and was was done to your oil seperator before? It's usually removed when you go FI.

Maybe this will help you... http://home.comcast.net/~bob.cat/M50ManifoldInstall.htm

This is my install of M50 manifold on my car...

Boris
    '96 Cosmos Black M3 422rwhp/407rwtq SAE @ 13psi / 444rwhp/444rwtq SAE @ 14.5psi
    Engine/Drivetrain: Technique Tuning Stage 2 Turbo TT Turbo Exhaust, M50 Manifold, TMS Oil Baffles, SSR Comps, SPEC Stage II Clutch, UUC SSK, Titanium Cavallino Ti-130R Shift Knob, UUC TME, EMC Diff Bolt, RCCA's. Suspension: GC Coil-overs, GC RSMs, GC RTABs, GC Trans Mount; H&R SB. Instrumentation: VDO Boost, VDO Oil Press, VDO Oil Temp, VDO Water Temp, BMW Traffic Pro Navigation, Valentine One TODO: W/A Injection

My Cars
    M3
    Okay your installation manual must be for install on FI set-up. I didn't see where the CCV valve was. I was saying how I would install a M-50 manifold assuming he wanted to utilize the CCV or NA.
    Artic silver/461 RWHP/356 FT LBS TORQUE/Vortech SC 10.5 psi boost/RMS aftercooler/Wiseco forged pistons .25 over/Ported & polished head-oversized valves/Schrick cams/Euro oil cooler/Dinan TB/M-50 manifold/42 PSI injectors/Bav.Auto HP coils/U.D Pulleys/A.A race exhaust/TT tuning(Nick G)/AA race headers/ARP/Vac MS HG .098/ Porshe HFM/Koni Coilovers/18in SSR/UUC BBK/Pro Comp. Gauges/PLX wideband/Lt weight flywheel/.
    Updated dyno coming soon.