Thread: rearended this morning!

My Cars
    '06 Mazda MX-5

rearended this morning!

I got rearended by a semi on the way to work this morning. I guess for a semi, you could say he just barely touched me. It didn't even move the car, I just felt a slight bump; and if he'd hit me in the bumper there would be no damage, but of course he hit the trunklid. The taillights are unharmed but there is some minor paint damage that *might* even wax out. The pinstripe will have to be replaced and I have to yank to get the trunklid open, and slam it shut.

At first he looked at it and said "I didn't hit you very hard, it doesn't look like I did anything", and I was like wait a minute dude, you're not getting off that easy. I said we needed to trade info, and he said to call his office and gave me his name and the number. I called them when I got to work and they took my info and were supposed to call me back but they didnt, so I called them myself.

Apparently the woman who handles this stuff talked to the driver and he told her there wasn't any damage and that I just drove off! I told her "well, actually ma'am, he said there wasn't any damage but I stopped him and asked that we exchange information, and he said I could just call his office and gave me the number. And there is damage, 'cause the trunklid won't open."

Then she said there wasn't an issue and that an adjuster would contact me.

I've never had damage done to any car I've owned until this one, and it seems like its a magnet attracting cars from everywhere. Last year (some of you might remember) my ex-girlfriends aunt backed into it, and now I get rearended....
    <!-- / message -->
    Joe

My Cars
    1997 M3
    Sorry to hear that.. I'm having a pretty crappy day as well, but 3 more hours and I am getting the f#@!# out of dodge and going to quakecon!

I suppose if I were you I would be happy that your car isn't folded in half or that you aren't roadkill after being rear-ended by a semi. Definitely a bit of a silver lining

1997 M3 (SOLD) :o 2000 528i Sport (SOLD)

My Cars
    '06 Mazda MX-5
    Quote Originally Posted by EricP
    I suppose if I were you I would be happy that your car isn't folded in half or that you aren't roadkill after being rear-ended by a semi. Definitely a bit of a silver lining
    very true, not many people get in a wreck with a big rig and live to tell about it. I can't imagine how slow he must have been going when he hit me to cause such little damage. I wonder if he even felt it.
    Joe

My Cars
    01 540i 6 speed
    Ohh my back, wait... my neck and my back

You should see about getting a settlement!!!

My Cars
    '07 Mazda3 S Grand Touring 5-door
    aww I hope you get it all worked out!

~*Teg*~

Oh no she didnt

My Cars
    '06 Mazda MX-5
    actually I am feeling pretty sore now that I think about it...but it's related to the fact that I moved this weekend and hauled a hide-a-bed and a 53" projection TV from 1994 up my stairs, among other things. And the soreness is in my left biceps and right thigh.

Someone could have kicked the car and I would have felt it just as much as this. I've hit things harder without causing damage - but in those cases it was bumper to bumper contact, instead of big rig bumper to BMW trunklid.
    Joe

My Cars
    Techno M3/4 R.I.P:(, Turbo e28, 95 525iT
    man joe that sucks, just from my advice from when we got backed into by that itch in our own apts, you keep on them and take care of it or it will never get finished and resolved.
    where did you guys move to cuz i could have sworn i saw you on the west side of town by my apts earlier this week.
    I like to touch people's hearts, it's what i do best!

My Cars
    03 Tahoe Z71/03 Camry
    I woulda sat there and called the cops, never left the vehicle until an ambulence showed up. I say F semi's.

Glad you're ok and hope all works out with their insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by EricP
    Sorry to hear that.. I'm having a pretty crappy day as well, but 3 more hours and I am getting the f#@!# out of dodge and going to quakecon!
    Dork But I guess I'm just as bad considering I was going crazy silly yesterday when I found out the dude who did Optimus Prime's voice for the original series and movie with be doing the voice for the upcoming live action movie next summer. And it's rumored that the original guy who did Megatron will do it again for the movie.
    -Ken

My Cars
    2000 E46
    It's good that you didn't get hurt!

My Cars
    '06 Mazda MX-5
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoM3Girl
    man joe that sucks, just from my advice from when we got backed into by that itch in our own apts, you keep on them and take care of it or it will never get finished and resolved.
    where did you guys move to cuz i could have sworn i saw you on the west side of town by my apts earlier this week.
    we moved to Savannah square over on 36th, just south of main st. It's so nice being on the same side of town as...everything non-ghetto

It just sucks that it takes me so much longer to get to work now with all that construction in front of the high school. I take Main in the morning, but after lunch I go down to Lindsey to cross the highway, go north on 24th to Boyd, and then take boyd all the way to univerisity, then north to eufala and then three more blocks to work. Believe it or not, that saves me 7-10 minutes over just taking Main the whole way.
    Joe

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Green
    we moved to Savannah square over on 36th, just south of main st. It's so nice being on the same side of town as...everything non-ghetto

It just sucks that it takes me so much longer to get to work now with all that construction in front of the high school. I take Main in the morning, but after lunch I go down to Lindsey to cross the highway, go north on 24th to Boyd, and then take boyd all the way to univerisity, then north to eufala and then three more blocks to work. Believe it or not, that saves me 7-10 minutes over just taking Main the whole way.

bwahahahahahaha...howdy neighbor then!!!! im shocked that you havent seen my car or brandons car. which apt are you in? come and say hi sometime, we are in 514.

My Cars
    '13 VW GLI, sold E36 328
    that happened to Yancy with his e46 323ci...he got bumped like 3 times in a row by a semi truck
    BMWMOFO OG. Wetdub OKC Enthusiast. E36(sold), 08 Mazda3(totaled), '12 VW Jetta TDI(buyback)
    , current: '13 VW GLI

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you"

- Jeremy Clarkson -

My Cars
    '06 Mazda MX-5
    bwahahahahahaha...howdy neighbor then!!!! im shocked that you havent seen my car or brandons car. which apt are you in? come and say hi sometime, we are in 514.
    omg thats hilarious, what a small world. We're in 921. Our building is in the far SW corner, there's an entrance/exit onto Creekdale so I just come in and out there instead of driving through the complex. That's most likely why I haven't seen y'alls cars.

We're thinking about having a small shindig, nothing I'd call a party, soon to have all of our friends over at the new place. I'll let ya know when it ends up happening.
    Joe

My Cars
    omg this is sooo funny! how the hell does that happen? two mofos in one apt complex by complete accident! hahaha

My Cars
    '07 Mazda3 S Grand Touring 5-door
    Its a OK thing!!!

btw by not a big thing you mean the Tulsa-MOFOs need to come crash it right???

and then you can come crash our "not a big thing" when we break in our new deck - oh wait that is gonna be a big thing!!!

~*Teg*~

Oh no she didnt

My Cars
    97 328iS, 2010 E90 328i
    Last December a 3 1/2 ton Davey tree truck with a cherry picker just flat u-turned from the breakdown lane right into the right side of my E30 as I was passing it. Witness said my right rear tire came completely off the ground. Totalled it. But they paid waaaayy more than it was worth, enough to pay for my 92. With a couple bucks extra for my sore body parts.

My Cars
    '06 Mazda MX-5
    omg this is sooo funny! how the hell does that happen? two mofos in one apt complex by complete accident! hahaha
    oddly enough, I used to live in the same complex as speedster. (real name Brian, IIRC?)

actually it wouldn't be too bad a place for a big thing, we've got access to four swimming pools (two in our complex and two in the next one, owned by same company).

Hell, if a MOFO meet happened at our apartment complex it would be pretty much impossible for anything to come up last minute to prevent my attendance.
    Joe

My Cars
    '13 VW GLI, sold E36 328
    lol......you guys crack me up....i dont know why
    BMWMOFO OG. Wetdub OKC Enthusiast. E36(sold), 08 Mazda3(totaled), '12 VW Jetta TDI(buyback)
    , current: '13 VW GLI

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you"

- Jeremy Clarkson -