Before we had an audiophonics amp that had 80 watts at 4 ohms, 110 watts at 2 ohms...and we hooked it up to my set up (CDT EF-51's in front...stock HK in the back, tweeters, speakers etc.) Set up ran for about 2 minutes and amp goes into protection...amp was gone...blown.

I went and returned the amp and got a new amp...http://www.memphiscaraudio.com/produ...ails.asp?id=62, a memphis amp..much better quality...tomarrow we are installing it and we want to make sure we dont fuck it up again....im doing it with my friend who says he knows this shit but i want to definately double check.

Can anyone give us any reason why the amp might have blown...? These are the reasons we've come up with we arent sure though...i dont know if i want to install it tomarrow because i dont want it to blow....

-HK's have low impedance...which caused the amp to blow...(I dont see how this would happen because wouldnt the amp first go into protection?)
-All 4 speakers were connected to one channel on teh 4 channel amp
-The positive and negative's of that back speakers were messed up which caused it to blow the amp
-The tweeters sounded like they were blowing which could have caused a short? (We bought better tweeters for toamrrow)
-It was really f'in hot like 105

Im really scared to try it again and someone already suggested i need to take out the HK's because of the "low impedance" but i called the guy and he said if that was the case it would go into protection first.

Can i go ahead with teh installation tomarrow if all this is fixed...and what was most likely the case of why is blew? Any ideas? thanks for the help in advance...