Thread: Anyone else currently waiting for HRE wheels?

My Cars
    2002 E46 M3

Anyone else currently waiting for HRE wheels?

My wheels were supposed to be ready last week (after 1 month wait with SEMA thrown in there). But, according to them, they are having QC issues with fasteners so all the pieces are done, but there's nothing to put them together with.

I find it hard to believe that they don't have a backup supplier AND do not know when a supply will arrive. I keep getting the "try tomorrow" run around, hoping that they'll receive a shippment of bolts. C'mon...you can't even tell me if bolts have been shipped and are on the way?!

Anyone else waiting? Or, has anyone recently (within the last week or so) received a set of wheels from HRE? If you have a delivery date coming soon, what's your status? Still on time?

Thanks for your feedback.

Frustrated,
    Patrick
    San Diego, CA

Well, although I am not involved in your situation, this is what I have to say.

HRE has excellent customer service and will go to great lengths to take care of their customers. Let them take their time w/ getting your wheels together. I would rather have them take EXTRA TIME to do it right the first time, then to rush them and have them half ass a product for you. Down the line, if something were to happen, you would blame HRE. But, if you knew they did everything properly,...you would not blame them at all.

You also have to remember that our ports are flooded w/ merchandise right now. With the Xmas season, there are a lot of shipping containers to move.

My Cars
    Lots
    As a small businessman with 4 factories producing product on a weekly basis I can tell you one thing. American business is so slow that they can't get anything done.

I'm serious, I have more businesses that have spare manpower having trouble executing than you can believe. I think they are in a malaise or something. That or they have let everyone worth a damn go and kept just slackers. It's something wrong though. No one can remember how to execute. It has to be business depression. There is no other explanation for how badly business performs now. You'd think they would jump at business and pump product out. no way.

My Cars
    2002 E46 M3

I'm not trying to rush them...

Unfortunately, the issue isn't letting HRE take the time to get it right and me trying to rush them. I wish it were as simple as that. My saga is a bit different.

My wheels were due on a Wednesday, so I called on the Monday of that week to check status. Pushed back to Friday, no explanation. Not a problem, Friday it is. I call Friday to see what time I can pick them up, but they aren't ready and they now say next week (*I* called, they didn't). Huh?...fine, next week. I call next week and they say that they're waiting on fasteners to arrive so they can bolt it all together and be done. Try NEXT week. Sure, next week it is. I call again and they say that fasteners finally arrived, but a couple of my rim halves aren't in and they don't know when they'll show up. OK, how did I go from 'just waiting for fasteners' to 'not all of the rim halves are in'? That's when I started to get frustrated. Based upon delivery dates they provided to me, I called enough times for them to be up front and let me know what going on. Notice in my initial post that I mention that all parts are done. Well, that's what they told me. Sheesh, just be honest and communicate me. That's what I expect from customer service. If it'll take a month, just say so. Enough of the 'try tomorrow'.

Tires have been taking up space at the local installer and they keep asking me when the rims will be done so I stop taking up their space. Uh, I have no idea and neither does the wheel builder. Also, I keep planing time away from work to bring wheels to tires and have them installed, and keep scheduling and rescheduling appointments with the tire shop.

I'm just letting off some steam, but haven't you ever had the feeling that you were getting the run-around? Wether you really were or were not, it's a discomforting feeling which, in this case, I truly feel could have been avoided by HRE simply being up front with me. I've been very professional and considerate in all of my dealings with them, and don't think I'm asking too much for them to reciprocate.

My initial delivery date of 11/13 made me hopefully that I'd have them by the Thanksgiving holdiay to show my brother coming in from out of town. OK, no big deal, but we were both excited and looking forward to it. Good thing now is, I'm not expecting them on ANY date so I won't worry about it. Bad thing is, it has come at the expense of me disregarding any and all of the numerous promised delivery dates provided by HRE. Good products?...without a doubt in my mind. Good customer service?...quite the opposite of my experience. No, I don't think this is the norm for them, but that doesn't mean that it should be acceptable.

Yeah, I'm anxious for the wheels...who wouldn't be?! I'm sure that has something to do with it. Plus, I'm a stickler for customer service. Again, I'm just getting some of the frustrations off my chest. The wheels will be great and once I take possesion of them (fingers-crossed!), I know I'll get over it.

Thanks for putting up with my rant...sorry to be a bother,
    Patrick

PS- Jim, let's have lunch. We'll talk brakes!