Thread: Clear Corner Legality

My Cars

Clear Corner Legality

I just got clear corners, they came with amber bulbs, I left my clear bulbs in so that they flash only a white light (note: this is only my front lights, and I live in Ca). All my frineds say they are illegal, and must flash amber. So I went to the DMV web sight, and found this:

DMV Division 12
    Chapter 2
    Article 5
    Section Number 24953. (a) Any turn signal system used to give a signal of intention to turn right or left shall project a flashing white or amber light visible to the front and a flashing red or amber light visible to the rear.

Go here to read more DMVArticle 5

So who is right, and who is worng please help me out I do not need a ticket, even thought it is a fix-it ticket, but I also want to gloat if I am correct.

My Cars
    2003 AW M5
    YOU'RE RIGHT BIG BOY! you can have white up front (im in CA too...i have that code memorized actually. had to recite it for a couple cops in the last year or so)....tell ur friends they're idiots....stick with the script

My Cars
    08 Golf 20v
    YUP! white bulbs are legal... what ISN'T legal is not having an amber reflector(if u look carefully in the stock corner there is an amber reflector that is missing in the clear version)... this is the only thing they can get u for
    '08 Golf 20v - Ex's: '06.5 GTI, '04.5 GLI, '95 VR6-T; '01.5 GTI; '93 325i

My Cars
    96 M3

hummmmm

the code says white OR amber, so what do u need anything amber in the front for???? How about the side markers. I have clears but the bulb is amber so it still looks yellow when it flashes?? Seedy is there a clear bulb for the sidemarkers so it is white too???
    monte

My Cars
    I believe this is what my friends were talking about. You see your turn signals do not function just as turn signals they are also corner markers/parking lights. While the turn signals can be white, the corner markers must be amber, or this is what I believe, correct me if I am wrong.

When I was over on the DMV's web page, I could not find the specific law governing parking lights, and it did not talk about it under the parking light section. If you know where the section is, please tell me because I am very intrested.

My Cars
    2003 AW M5
    guys...its not that complicated...."shall project a flashing white or amber light"....it can FLASH white as well....stay white...flash white....nothing has to be amber up front. as for the side markers...legally they have to be yellow...but you wont get pulled over for the white. i promise.

My Cars
    96 M3

Now Seedy

so your in with the SD 5-O I knew it!!Thats how u get away with all the draggin u do!!!