Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: exhaust system

exhaust system

anybody have any experience or know anything about the Active Autowerke exhaust systems?? im looking for a quieter exhaust, is this one too loud?? know anything about the tone of the sound??? does it give some performance increase? i need to know, thanks

Re: exhaust system

Originally posted by ///MRaCeR
    im looking for a quieter exhaust

I can't comment on the AA exhaust, but if it's quiet you want, try the Supersprint. It has a slightly increased note, barely noticeable at first, but audible at higher rpms after it has broken in.

Damon
    1994 325ic SC
    supersprint exhaust
    BMWCCA

My Cars
    e36 328is,T4R, is250AWD
    try REMUS, it sounds real nice and screams at WOT.
    I;ve heard of rusting problems but I've had mine for 2 and a half years and no signs of rust. The tips look nice too!

Home: Bay Area, California |||| College: UCSB
    AA exhaust is in the middle... if stock is quiet and B&B is loud, then AA fits right in the middle. Supersprint and Remus exhausts are very near stock loudness, but much more rumbly. If you want to hear the AA exhaust, I think there are some sounds clips of it on their website, www.activeautowerke.com. If you want to hear a sound clip of Remus, Mozart, Supersprint, or B&B exhausts, just email me.
    - Jon, '93 325is

My Cars
    BMW 530i
    Originally posted by FLiPModE
    try REMUS, it sounds real nice and screams at WOT.
    I;ve heard of rusting problems but I've had mine for 2 and a half years and no signs of rust. The tips look nice too!
    alex... im glad to hear that u dont have rust problems.... i dont have rust problems also...

I wonder where the hell this rumor came up... cuz i cant find anyone that has rust problems that i've talk to yet

i still love my Remus exhaust.
    Richard

My Cars
    2003 AW M5
    if it helps any.....the supersprint and remus (like anfanger said) sound almost EXACTLY stock....until you drive on em hard and get em hot or something...then they'll rumble a little bit at low rpms. if you have an intake...forget about hearing it at high rpms at WOT.

if you want a little louder...get the AA. it supposed to sound perfect for people who want a quiet exhaust....but not as quiet as the SS or the remus. a step above would be the UUC which is rumbly.....and a step above that would the the triflo and the mozart

HEY SAEED

heres the thing, i already ordered the supersprint a while ago (youve got that exhaust right?) and its back ordered and they keep saying 4-6 weeks for frieken ever and in want the damn exhaust, who knows really how mouch longer it could take........the AA is like 60$ more expensive, looks tight but maybe not as nice, but i could probably get it a hell of a lot sooner since it doenst have to be shipped over frieken seas! how do you think the AA will sound with an intake? what do you think i hsould do, wait for SS or get AA?

Bootup is offline Awaiting Email Verification
    My Cars
    '97 M3 Sedan, '04 745LI

Re: HEY SAEED

Originally posted by ///MRaCeR
    heres the thing, i already ordered the supersprint a while ago (youve got that exhaust right?) and its back ordered and they keep saying 4-6 weeks for frieken ever and in want the damn exhaust, who knows really how mouch longer it could take........
    Who did you order from? I ordered my SS from Performance Auto last Friday and got it on this Friday. Will have it installed on Tuesday.

Home: Bay Area, California |||| College: UCSB
    Hey ///MRaCeR, I got your email and tried to reply with attachments but I got "The following problems occurred while processing your request: {your email} - This is not a known member." Lousy AOL : . You can email me directly at braxus8@aol.com with another reply address I can actually reply to .
    Last edited by Anfanger; 06-10-2001 at 06:07 AM.
    - Jon, '93 325is

My Cars
    2003 AW M5
    hey ///mracer....i USED to have a supersprint. it was way too quiet for my tastes....sold it and got a triflo. honestly, if you have the chance...cancel the order and get the AA...you wont regret it. its supposed to sound AMAZING at WOT (wide open throttle). email blown....he has em for cheaper than AA is selling em for. email him at blown_m_compact@hotmail.com take it easy man

Hey Bootup, is there a website you ordered it from, how did it only take a week! what car do you have??
    and Saeed, thanks, i sent Blown an email....heres another question, how do you think (if you know) AA's computer software compares with the shark injector, or others. with AA youve got to send it in which could be a pain where as with the injector, its pretty simple right? do you have any software enhancement? what do you think i should do, theres a lot of them out there, dinan, shark, AA, bavarian...thanks

My Cars
    2002 Suzuki GSX-R 750
    I have the AA gen 3 exhaust on my car. It is slightly louder than stock but not annoying. Its got a very nice sound to it when cruisin, but when you hammer on it the exhaust really lights up. I wanted an exhaust that could be an everyday driver not to loud or annoying but then I wanted it to be loud when I wanted people to look and notice the car. The only one I can compare it to is supersprint and its very close to it, AA is a lil bit louder though. Good Luck!!

back to exhausts...i need help! haha

i did some more researching and found this-Generally speaking, the larger the tubing diameter, the more freer flowing the system becomes, but this may not be the most quiet or lightest system. Exhausts are a trade off since the system with the most flow is completely straight pipes, however, it is also the loudest. A quiet exhaust probably has a larger muffler, weighs more, may be more restrictive. As the Tubing OD (diameter) increases, you can actually LOSE low end torque because there isn't enough backpressure. so bigger is not always better!

i found that AA's exhaust weighs 33 lbs and has tubing OD of 1.92", where as the UUC exhaust weighs 25 lbs and has a tubing OD of 2.38". So the AA is a little bit bigger, heavier, and queiter than the UUC with a smaller tubing OD so you WONT lose as much low end TQ, but overall isnt quite as freeflowing.

i like that the AA is a litte bit quieter because thats what im looking for, and i may also lose less low end TQ, but the UUC is lighter, and more free flowing and theyre both about the same price(UUC's costs about $640, and AA's costs about $650.)
    this is a really hard decision, i thought i was going to get the AA but after researching this, im realy not sure what im going to do!I am now stuck between AA, UUC, and SS (cause ive orderded the SS already and its on backorder forever so im thinking of cancelling it) please help me decide what to do!!!

deezbmw

how do you like the AA chip?? was it worth sending in and the 400$, with those 3 mods, is the power gain good?? how much was your redline increased?? and would u reccomend the exhaust? thanks,

My Cars
    2002 Suzuki GSX-R 750
    where in michigan you from?

I would recommend AA for sure!! If you go on there site to the dyno charts they dyno a car with a jim c chip against the aa chip. You get a better gain with the AA chip. My red line went to just over 6500 it could proly do 7000 but I don't want to risk it. As for the increase, I noticed alot really. Before I couldn't light the tires up at all cause mines an automatic but now I can't stop doin it.:p

My Cars
    2002 Suzuki GSX-R 750
    Also you can get the gen 3 exhaust from blown M compact for $580

im from ann arbor what about you?? i htink im leaning towards the AA system but im not sure which computer shit to get

My Cars
    2002 Suzuki GSX-R 750
    I am from Grand Rapids. I tried to get you a link to that part on AA that compares the different software but AA isn't up right now. They prove that there stuff is better but its all by just a little bit so not sure if its totally worth the extra $ to you. What year is your car? Mine was just a plug and play chip for $275 so it was worth it.

You going to get an intake too?

tight, i go through grand rapids a lot in the summer cause my paretns have a boat and a condo in saugatuck, and we chill in holland and stuff. 275 is nice, its damn near 400$ for me! yeah ive already got the ECIS intake.

My Cars
    2002 Suzuki GSX-R 750
    I work at a service shop in holland. We got a huge junk yard towards saugatuck. My buddy has a boat out there also. Let me know next time you go out there, we can check out each others cars. Theres a big ass parking lot out in holland that a bunch of cars hang out in. Even though they are ricer cars and some VW they are still pretty cool people and cool cars to check out.

My Cars
    BMW E46 M3 SMGII
    damn.....no one use Sebring? is it just me? feel like I walked alone...
    GuN......Hell yeah...called me "GuN"

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/nyegun/">My BMW Website</a>
    http://www.geocities.com/nyegun/
    <a href="http://communities.msn.com/GuNBMWHomepage">My Other Website</a>
    http://communities.msn.com/GuNBMWHomepage
    BMW E46 M3 '02 SMGII

My Cars
    2002 Suzuki GSX-R 750
    Is the sebring loud? How you like it?

My Cars
    just an old 328
    Deez.. u and Kevlar are the spokesmen for AA huh..

If u get the AA exhaust.. just make sure its the Gen 1 or Gen 3.. that Gen 2's tips are just nasty.!

I like my Supersprint.. its quiet normally.. if u have the AC on.. or if the exhaust is warm. It gets pretty low toned. Sounds pretty cool when u get on it like that also. Otherwise, its a bit louder than stock. SS and Remus has the nicest tips IMO. But u cant go wrong with either a AA or SS... Both quality exhausts.
    Last edited by Stylin; 06-10-2001 at 06:46 PM.
    06' BMW 530xi
    02' Porsche 911 Carrera
    11' BMW X3

ive decided AA gen 3 exhaust! im gonna call and cancel my frieken backordered (taking forever) supersprint and then get some other stuff from AA as well. im sure ill be exited enough to post somethin bout my exhaust when it comes in!

My Cars
    2002 Suzuki GSX-R 750
    Originally posted by Willy
    Deez.. u and Kevlar are the spokesmen for AA huh..

Yah I just hope AA will read this so I can get the deals that Kevlar gets there. :p I want the freakin turbo!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast