Thread: good day at the pick-a-part...

My Cars
    4-,5-,6-spd Germans

good day at the pick-a-part...

so i was at the junk yard yesterday minding my own business when i look up and see a mk2 gti w/ some momo wheels... but they had locks. then i look up a little higher and see a neuspeed strut tower brace, look a little deeper and see an ABD short shifter w/ a neuspeed weighted rod. then i check the interior and see a set of RECARO TROPHIES in pretty good shape. so long story short i got a set of nice recaros for about $80, much better than my old worn out hard painful stock 320i seats. all i need is some rails to make them fit in the e21, right?

i also pulled the shift knob, a momo steering wheel hub (unfortunately the wheel itself was pretty torn up on the floor), some VDO gauges (volt, oil pressure, oil temp) in a 3-gauge cluster, and a 28mm rear sway bar... and the car also had a front sway bar, bilstein shocks, and some kind of springs that i didn't take.

the only thing relevant to e21s is the seats but i thought i'd share anyway.
    hopefully i just need some rails?

Cerpin TaxT is offline Totally inappropriate. Moderator
    My Cars
    '87 Blazer 4x4 / '98 GTI
    nice find

My Cars
    E21, E24, M3
    A 28mm rear sway bar? Thats a shit load of beef!

My Cars
    '96 Ranger, '83 RX7 GSL
    Quote Originally Posted by blitzed310
    it isn't for the e21, but yeah, awfully large.
    Jake

Cerpin TaxT is offline Totally inappropriate. Moderator
    My Cars
    '87 Blazer 4x4 / '98 GTI
    Thats a shit load of beef!
    cj really likes the beef

My Cars
    4-,5-,6-spd Germans
    it's what's for dinner... too bad my mk2's in IN and i'm selling it.

about the seats, they wouldn't happen to be a direct fit would they? that would be delicious if i wouldn't have to find rails for them.

My Cars
    81 320i
    Quote Originally Posted by cerpin taxt
    cj really likes the beef
    tube steak?

i think some people were saying that the E21 rails will work with both the stock & the recaro seats. So, as long as Recaro kept the bolt pattern the same, i guess it should just bolt right in.

My Cars
    1979 323i BMW. 2003 GTI 20 V Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by jbob
    tube steak?

i think some people were saying that the E21 rails will work with both the stock & the recaro seats. So, as long as Recaro kept the bolt pattern the same, i guess it should just bolt right in.
    CJ The Tube Steak Boggie? No thanks..

Well Italy won, so at least that was terrific.
    Yeah take the gti frame rails off, and use the e21 frame rails, those seats should work, no problem.
    "..Horsepower is a measure of work done over time, or the rate at which work is done."

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/579694/1

My Cars
    '96 Ranger, '83 RX7 GSL
    Italia!
    Jake

My Cars
    E21, E24, M3
    I thought they would play a much more attack based game, seemed like fatigue set it quick. But no worries defence thru up the iron curtain!

What a class act by ZIDANE, that was a huge dissapointment for his last game, and hes such a great player/person too.

My Cars
    1979 323i BMW. 2003 GTI 20 V Turbo

Thumbs up

I thought they would play a much more attack based game, seemed like fatigue set it quick. But no worries defence thru up the iron curtain!

What a class act by ZIDANE, that was a huge dissapointment for his last game, and hes such a great player/person too.
    Italia FTW! Finally.

After the red sox won the world series I actually cried.
    Today I am happy again as my Dad and I watched the game together and we are going to visit Italy and his family soon.
    I remember a game in 94 when they lost in the same way they just one.
    With Brazil in the shootout stage, by just one goal. If you notice,
    the goalies of both Italy and France where not even a factor in this shoot out.

Italy ran themselves out in the 1st half so by the second, they did not have enough in the tank too score, even when ZIDANE was out of the picture.

Its too bad he let emotions get the better of him, cause France could have used him in the shoot out at the end. I bet ZIDANE regrets it now, ending his comeback in such a way, better to have gone off the game hurt or give it your best effort that to do that headbutt.

And CJ the North END of Boston went crazy, as City Hall plaza had 45,000 people watching the game and all went into the north end.
    So they have all the streets closed off and the italian flag waving everywhere, It does my heart good to see it.
    "..Horsepower is a measure of work done over time, or the rate at which work is done."

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/579694/1

My Cars
    '96 Ranger, '83 RX7 GSL
    Quote Originally Posted by jjgbmw323
    ...they just won
    fixed.
    Jake

My Cars
    '82 320is

agreed, I can't believe he did that.. that was dissapointing. Also the fact I was going for France..

My Cars
    4-,5-,6-spd Germans
    OH SNAPP!! another junk yard find today... a 320iS 3-spoke steering wheel for under $20 at a different yard. in perfect shape other than a missing bmw logo! i'm going to go try mounting the seats right now.

My Cars
    4-,5-,6-spd Germans
    too bad the 'is' seats were replaced w/ standard (flat) tan leather. they were in good shape, but disappointing when i noticed the rear seat was black leather (so it should've had black leather recaro fronts...). oh well. still happy about the other nice finds.

My Cars
    4-,5-,6-spd Germans
    ...vw recaros aren't mounting up to my stock rails. but i can easily make some adapter plates for them (1 strip of metal + 4 drilled holes for each rail).

My Cars
    '68 camaro, '73 2002, '89 M3

It's the only way they can get a WRONG WHEEL DRIVE to rotate!

Cris
    The rides-
    '68 Camaro- 511hp 388cid, Tremec 5 speed, Baer Brakes, Hotchkis suspension, 18" Budniks, Recaro seats
    '73 2002- Metric Mech. 2200 efi, 5 speed, 3.90 lsd, Ground Control suspension, 16" staggered Alpina wheels, Recaro interior
    '89 M3- CSL wheels, Ground Control Suspension, Koni dampers
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/792851
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/792793

My Cars
    79 320i, VW Pickups
    The early seat rails bolt right up to Recaros. I have all-Grey Recaros from a 91 GLI, so identical to your Trophies, other than color. All I had to do was enlarge the mounting holes on the E21 rails to bolt them to the VW Recaros.

My Cars
    4-,5-,6-spd Germans
    that's good to know, thanks. wish i would've known that yesterday when there was a '79 w/ seat rails intact at the same jy.

My Cars
    1982 320/6,Nissan primera
    I was at pickapart yesterday and got some subaru suade seats and some 4pot gerling calapers for 45 dollars for the lot. the calapers need a rebuild but thats all good!!!
    Representing the E21 in NZ.

My Cars
    4-,5-,6-spd Germans
    good work. i originally went to the yard to find those calipers but got a little sidetracked by the hooked up gti.