Page 4 of 134 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954104 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you drive a E36 when....

My Cars
    Model T
    Dont put on your head lights because you dont have Angel eyes and dont want anyone to know...

My Cars
    97' M3
    .....when coming to a stop you glance over to look at your car's reflection on other cars/buildings
    ......when your speedometer relative speed is higher/or zero compare to your actual speed.
    ...... when you learn about staggered rims
    ....... when your rear speakers size are (T4)
    ...... when your g/f ask " what this button do"
    ..... when you wonder how your car looks while in motion without you being in it
    ....... when you sit in the back seat for ONCE to see how the interior looks, because you are the only one who sit in the driver seat
    .......when you think the windows inches up/down is the coolest thing
    ....... when you misses the memories your car brings to your relationship with your g/f...ie. late drive to Wendy, staring up the open sunroof at night ( sorry guys/gals I miss my ex)
    97 M3/4

My Cars
    98 328i, Hemi Ram, CTS+4
    -when nobody can find the damn window buttons 'cause their on the wrong side.
    -when you lock your friends in the car w/ the keyless entry... and they can't get out.
    -when the rear seatbelts are on the wrong side.
    -When you open the hood for the first time and think..."where the hell is the battery?"
    -when you open the trunk for the first time and think.."this damn thing even has a toolbox!!!!"

My Cars
    93 325is
    LOL all this shit is so true

My Cars
    1988 E30 M3 2.5 litre Turbo & 1990 E34 M5
    1. you are lying in bed at night thinking about what mod to do next and your wife digs her teeth in to get your attention back on her.
    2. You own a 4 cylinder and don't give a fuck.
    3. You have one as your PC Wallpaper
    Last edited by DCR62; 05-02-2003 at 07:32 AM.
    Not long now.......

My Cars
    2006Toyota Tacoma, 1998Honda SuperHawk, 3dirtbikes
    You turn the radio down to listen to the motor purr down the highway. Then you get an intake and you turn down the radio and open the window, listen to that motor suck in the air. Then you get an exhaust, turn off the radio, open the windows, and drive though tunnels and in between buildings all day so you can hear your car better.
    (On going to war over religion) "You're basically killing each other to see who's got the better imaginary friend." - Rich Jeni

1. When you only turn the turning blinkers on while you're already making the turn... as you begin to make the turn, you stick your finger out to click the blinker to indicate you're turning!

2. When you're shifting into second while you're racing and the shift knob flies off and lands in the back seat or somewhere between or underneath the seats so that you cant find it.

My Cars
    97M3, 01S4, 03 93t
    Originally posted by Cris
    When you're shifting into second while you're racing and the shift knob flies off and lands in the back seat or somewhere between or underneath the seats so that you cant find it.
    SO true dude. Happened to me.

When you're in the market to buy 3m kits for make your front grill have chrome look like the e46

My Cars
    5/94 Euro 325i coupe
    Originally posted by FSF17
    -when you lock your friends in the car w/ the keyless entry... and they can't get out.

I did that so many times... Until my friends figured out they can get out opening the sunroof. Damn bimmer doesn't lock it.

Quote Originally Posted by ClintonM3 View Post
    the Audi A4 is a tweaked, cosmetically enhanced, cross platform, put-together overnight VW.
    Quote Originally Posted by joeuser528e View Post
    Staggard setups are for cars that you park at show meets. They go well with 5 screens and 3 12"s.

My Cars
    E36 325i
    ....when you go to the dealer and buy misc plast screws and washers that are expensive and not necessary (like ones around the spare tire area and engine cover screw caps)

....when you check under the hood, all around the cabin bay and exterior in detail looking looking for anything broken or tampered AFTER picking up the car from the dealer/repair shop (ie oil change, alignment etc.)

....when your always worried that the sub-frame is going to rip any moment

.... when you've paid more on repair (total) than what the car is atually worth @ 100k mi.

....when your clutch squeeks once in a while

....when you buy and bring parts yourself for a repair shop to install rather than having them order it.

...when you know bmw's future car model styling is going down the drain

My Cars
    1997 M3
    Originally posted by bgcabrio
    ...when everyone thinks you dropped $30K on a car that you only paid $10K.
    Totally Ive gotten 40k

My Cars
    95 M3, 03 540, 06 M3Cic
    when your seat shifts on the rails in the twisties....
    1997 E36 328is - retired
    1987 E30 325is - retired

Eric Kaul
    BMW CCA Boston Chapter - Member

HotCalls Motorsport - Driver
    Follow us at: http://www.facebook.com/HotCallsMotorsport

My Cars
    ///M3

you know you drive a e36 when...

...you refer to your car as your 'baby', while you refer to the girl you like/girlfriend as 'it'
    ...you shed a tear when a bug splashes against your windshield
    ...theres a need in spending $300+ on a radar detector
    ...your oil filter cost more than a civic front bumper
    ...you don't need to listen to your HK sound system, cause the engine is already bumping the music you wanna listen to
    ...you wash your car in 30 degree weather and lay in bed more than you have gotten a chance to drive it since
    ...you drive your baby, all the other matters in world go away within seconds
    ...you can get to 0-60 faster than your friends can get to 60-0
    ...you don't even bother looking in the rearview mirror just in case a cops behind you, because if he is, and turns on his lights, it gives you an excuse to go even faster
    ...you go to a party and don't want to drink, not because you might get caught and get a DUI, not because you might injure yourself, but you wouldn't be able to live with yourself for the rest of your life if you found out you messed up your baby

dahhh...thats all i can think of for now
    some of these posts are really funny, and yet, so damn true...

My Cars
    1997 M3
    Haha kick ass thread

My Cars
    1997 M3
    what about when you dont want to turn the wipers on in fear of streaking when it rains, and you rush to get home

My Cars
    5/94 Euro 325i coupe
    When you're away, you miss more your car than your own parents.
    When you're at work, you go to the parking lot once a hour to see if your baby is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by ClintonM3 View Post
    the Audi A4 is a tweaked, cosmetically enhanced, cross platform, put-together overnight VW.
    Quote Originally Posted by joeuser528e View Post
    Staggard setups are for cars that you park at show meets. They go well with 5 screens and 3 12"s.

My Cars
    98 328i, Hemi Ram, CTS+4
    -when you have to read the manual to find out how to fast forward a CD.
    -when you go to valvoline to get an oil change and as soon as you pop the hood, you hear the mechanic say "what the hell?"
    -when you jump start someone else's car using a bolt on your strut tower.
    -you have to pull up the armrest to use the second cupholder.
    -when you can't go anywhere in the winter.

My Cars
    Model T
    You Regret going to the drive through everytime because you never have a place to put your drink safely ie: cupholder

My Cars
    2009 VW Jetta 2.5
    damn guys...! 99% of your posts are straight from my brain! that's really cool, we are all sooo much alike and we live so far apart and dont even know each other!

when you "waste" 5 rolls of film on your bone stock BMW and still exited about how aggressive it looks and how every angle is sharp and perfectly designed

when you go on a BMW forum instead of doin homework or going out with your friends or seleeping.

when you open a car shopper and laugh because there are some real "shit" cars out there that cost as twice as much as your bimmer...

when you see a 318 badged as an M3 at a stop traffic light and just want to come out and say "hey! nice M3... oh no, is that a 318???" (i did this today and it deffinately made my day!)

when you standing outside talking to someone and a bone stock 325is is passing by and you stop the conversation with the person(or whatever your are doing) that u were talking to and trying to look at that gorgeous 2/4 dr and try to listen if the guy has it in standart or automatic or if he looks like a BMW inthusias.

thats it for tonight ..

great post! we are all very much alike!

Renat
    Canon 500D | 50mm f1.8 | 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 IS | 55-250mm f4.0-5.6 IS
    Flickr

My Cars
    1988 E30 M3 2.5 litre Turbo & 1990 E34 M5
    When it takes you neally 12 monthes to decide if you want a Hamann, AC Schnitzer, Rieger, Zender, AVR or M-Tech front Bumper Bar.
    When you can't wait for the next Group Buy in case it is something you can't do without even though you live 20000 Kilometres away and shipping is going to be a bitch.
    Not long now.......

My Cars
    1997 M3
    When you get a space heater just to keep your baby warm during those bitter cold winters

My Cars
    1993 black 325i sedan
    -when you put in more coolant, and you still get a check coolant warning.
    1993 Jet Black 325i sedan
    Representin' H-town and Sonoma County Mods: Bilstein sport shocks/struts, Eibach pro kit, Strut brace, Dinan CF CAI, 17x8 Forged Split 5 spoke OEM Lightweights, Clears, Piaa lighting, Cross-drilled Zimmerman rotors/Axxis Ultimates, Edgemotorworks exhaust
    http://www.crucialtorque.com My band

My Cars
    2006 330i
    Oh my god,

I have done nearly all of this. How about this:

-You used to own a GS-R and wish your 4-Cyl Bimmer had the same power with the handling of your e36

-You get called a 'yuppie' because you drive a bimmer (my pops calls me slick, hollywood, or yuppie all of the time-He's a Bow Tie guy)

-You test drove 6 or more bimmers before deciding on your car.

-You scour eBay and Craigslist looking for another bimmer for little money, even though you love your car.

-Riceboys even comment on how dope your car looks

-You think the stock M3 17" rims look better than almost anything in the aftermarket

-It's hard as hell to find performance parts for your car

-You have seen the Sequoia Institute commercial for BMW factory mechanics school, and think that you would like to go there. Even though you are a $50K/computer Tech, and you'd probably get fired for missing work.

-You wonder how easy it would be to put a LCD monitor in the place of the OBC and sunglass holder.

-You own at least one BMW t-shirt or flag in your garage.

-You are pist when you find out that the die-cast mini for your car is like $50 and you have to order it from Germany.

-You replace your Roundels because there was a scratch on one of them.

-Girls always comment on how nice your car is.

-Your hands have swelled from washing your car outside when it was 36 degrees.

-You get sad when you see a wrecked e36, and wonder what parts are salvageable off of it, then wonder if the driver is OK.

-If you are at Pick-N-Pull and you look for an e36 or e46 for parts, knowing damn well none are there.

-If on the above trip you see an e30 and want to get one as a track car.

And I'm spent...
    Got a new bimmer. 2006 e90. 330i. More to come. First big boy car.

My Cars
    1995 318is, 1998 Dodge Neon (SOHC), 1999 MB ML320

When you still live with your parents and/or in a dorm room

When your frigging fog lights are brighter than the headlights.
    When you call (all) Japanese cars 'ricey' and don't know your bottom feeder Bimmer is ricey as well.
    When you can't offer a (used) E46.
    When you are quietly embarassed when someone thought your car is expensive and didn't know you paid it for less than $16k.

My Cars
    ///M s52
    when a motor sport ///M3 Valve cover is the best engine mod you ever made

Page 4 of 134 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954104 ... LastLast