Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DIY: Replacing Wheel Well Liners

My Cars
    Jetta
    Part#5, if I am correct in understanding what you are referring to, is the "porkchop." This panel is different between the M3 and the non-M3. This part covers between the wheel well liners and the bumper. It fits to both of those parts.
    To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine
    You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do. — Anne Lamott
    Custom watch straps for sale

FOR SALE: watch straps!!

E36 DIY: My articles are now located in the E36 DIY page

My Cars
    1994 325i
    Thanks - that's what I thought. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious -- which is a talent I have!

My Cars
    1999 TiAg M3, 2003 E46M3
    Excellent writeup -- I'll be doing this very soon as driving through 2 feet of water just obliterated what was left of all my brittle wheel well liner attachment points!

1999 ///M3 TiAg | Heated Power Vaders | DDM Projector36 5000K 55W HIDs | DDM 3000K 35W HID Fogs
    DDM Smoked Corners | DDM Weighted Shift Knob | K&N CAI | Mishimoto AL Rad w/Zionsville AL Shroud
    Stewart HiPo Water Pump | Samco Hose Kit | 16" SPAL Puller Fan | Viper 5701LE Security
    E36 OBC is now open! Join the effort: BF.C Thread | openOBC Wiki

My Cars
    My two legs
    So just to confirm, the "wheel well liner" is the same thing as a "fender liner?"

My Cars
    1999 TiAg M3, 2003 E46M3
    Excellent DIY -- I just did this over the past weekend and it went great!

BTW, the plastic nut on the cover for the sensor box is 10mm.

1999 ///M3 TiAg | Heated Power Vaders | DDM Projector36 5000K 55W HIDs | DDM 3000K 35W HID Fogs
    DDM Smoked Corners | DDM Weighted Shift Knob | K&N CAI | Mishimoto AL Rad w/Zionsville AL Shroud
    Stewart HiPo Water Pump | Samco Hose Kit | 16" SPAL Puller Fan | Viper 5701LE Security
    E36 OBC is now open! Join the effort: BF.C Thread | openOBC Wiki

My Cars
    not an e30
    Thanks for the write-up, I wanted to let people know that you DON'T have to jack and remove the wheels. Also the nut behind the cover was 10mm on my car.

My Cars
    2010 ford focus

whell well

There is an amazing story that related to wheel well. Last week, Pepe the pup found himself in a situation when he got caught inside the wheel of his owner's car. He was not found until the vehicle had traveled 10 miles, where he was freed unscathed. Oddly, it is the second story in the same week of an animal taking a wild ride, held in a bizarre place in a car. When have you required details concerning a new or pre-owned auto and resorted to an internet search on car loans. Look no further, all the details you will want is located at CarDealExpert.com!

My Cars
    11 X3 35i M
    my fender liner decided to fall down and grind itself into dust while I was on the highway....no noticeable noise at highway speeds and the radio turned up...so imagine my surprise when I stopped after driving about 3 hours to find the drivers side of my car covered in black plastic grime! Thankfully, nothing was damaged other than the fender liner.
    Current: 2011 X3 35i M-Sport, Deep Sea Blue Metallic, Oyster Napa interior, Afe intake, RaceChip Ultimate.

Past: 1998 M3 sedan, Cosmos Schwartz Metallic, Black interior, Euro 6-speed, AA Stage II TwinScrew supercharger, and a bunch of other mods.

My Cars
    1995 US e36 M3 Coupe
    there are options to add at least 5 more attachment points when you are installing new liners. you will need more square nut inserts, which can be found at ECS, link below. the locations are already marked on the liner where to drill. I found i had to keep enlarging the hole with a dremel as i got the thing all snugged and tucked in.

i also used plastic from my old liner and polyurethane adhesive to reinforce all the attachment points. it took a long time, but better now than inevitably repairing it later.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...h/63171367868/

[ US spec 10/1995 e36 m3 ]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12