Thread: Hopefully picking it up today

My Cars
    2002 Ford zx2, 1996 BMW 328is convertible

Hopefully picking it up today

Today, for me is a big day. I'm making the step up from my 02 zx2 to a 96 bmw 328ic. It is not in perfect condition however. The rear plastic window in the convertible top is very hazed over, it does not have the correct driving lights in the lower bumper cover up front, and it needs an a/c re-charge. I will be replacing the fog lights as soon as i find some, and re-charging the a/c probably this week. The rear window however will have to wait.

I am very excited about this purchase. Some of you may laugh that i'm excited to be getting a used e36, but I just only turned 20 in may, and have almost always had beater cars. I got my 02 zx2 in january, had a serious problem with it regarding legalitys with the sale on the dealerships part and its gotta go.

Is there any fairly cheap modifications that can be done to this car to enhance the performance and looks? I dont have allot of money to through around as i only make 10.50 an hour... most likely alot less than many of you on this forum, but i have always made it work, and I can do all my own work no matter what part of the vehical it is on.

Any suggestions, comments or input of any kind would be great.

Thank you and I hope to have a long stay here and with bmw.

My Cars
    1995 325i Sedan
    hahaha, nice change up

My Cars
    N/A
    congrats

My Cars
    640d, X1 X23d, 328i
    You'll enjoy your E36 then anything else and there's a whole forum to help you when something goes wrong. Not if, but when

My Cars
    '93 525iT Stock, '00 4Runner
    Hey man, don't sweat it! I just gave up my '00 4-Runner to the wife for my '93 525iT. It's different when you drive an older car because you choose to, and not because you have to. And hey if it didn't need a little work it wouldn't be any fun, right? Enjoy it, and Good Luck!

My Cars
    mycar
    wow sounds awesome, i hope it works out. CONGRATS

My Cars
    Yeah i love projects, it doesnt need much, but enough to keep me entertained for a while lol.

My Cars
    00 M5, 12' Ducati SF
    Hehe my older car goes a lil further back baby and i get it on wednesday! 1975 2002.

My Cars
    damnit, Its gettin pushed to wednesday because the damn dealership was closed... ehh just gotta wait a while i guess.

My Cars
    E46, S2000
    I would get the car up to 100% before you start modding. The rear window can be replaced for about 300 dollars, there are also plastic cleaners that can help, but not solve your problem. I'd also replace the shocks and shock mounts, and depending on miles, some parts of the cooling system as well.

Forum Rules___Info for New Members___Teen Driving School in So Cal
    "It's the internet by my rules."--Kevlar

My Cars
    i read a bit about the strut towers busting out on these things.. kinda freaked me out so i'm definatly cheching that out, and whats with the cooling system info? I'm not going to mod right away, well the stereo system yes.

My Cars
    95 Cosmos M3...
    Congrats!

My Cars
    2000 m roadster, 79 porsche 944, 95 eagle talon ts
    you can use tooth paste and baking soda (that is all the commercial stuff is anyway) to clean the back window. suprisingly it does a good job. i did mine and it cleared up the whole window. the only bad spot was where the window folds.

My Cars
    95 Cosmos M3...
    Quote Originally Posted by fnfast
    you can use tooth paste and baking soda (that is all the commercial stuff is anyway) to clean the back window. suprisingly it does a good job. i did mine and it cleared up the whole window. the only bad spot was where the window folds.
    Wow Thanks I had not heard about that.

My Cars
    S197 GT Mustang want e36
    Ill tell ya what works awsome its called PLastX by meguirs.You have to keep putting it on and buffing a couple times ,but it made my headlights that were foggy look like glass.Try it out only 5 bux and it works awsome also it adds moi sturizers to keep it clear.