Thread: FS: Turbo M10 setup/car/parts [feeler]

My Cars
    2000 M5, 1984 325e

FS: Turbo M10 setup/car/parts [feeler]

I'm considering parting off or selling my project car. I have found a nice daily driver I would like to get and am considering nixing plans to install the needed parts to get the 318iT back on the road for a decent sale.

The story behind why it's broken down here at the house is this; the car lost compression on a long road trip a few weeks back and hasn't been touched since due to a high workload at two jobs. I'm thinking the stock headgasket just couldn't deal with the extra combustion pressures/temps and went south, though there is a chance the rings might have gone instead. Either way, it's in a non-running state.

To fix it, it will need a headgasket and or piston rings. The end.

Feeler thread ideas....

Whole car:
    Anyone want to pick up a turbo 318i in Northern VA for $1500? The car has a "fair" condition interior and exterior, both around 4/10. The motor obviously needs the gasket and maybe rings, but otherwise was in good shape. The cylinder head was resurfaced by a performance machine shop about 2 years ago. The tranny shifts fine, and the rear-end still has a working LSD in it. It will come with ALL of my E30 spares, many of which are listed in the link in my signature (and many of which haven't been posted up there yet!).

Parts:
    Turbo Setup:
    *KKK K03 turbo with 18k miles on it, almost brand new, integral wastegate, oil and water fittings installed.
    *Custom header adapter, heat wrapped.
    *Custom 2.5" downpipe with O2 bung, heat wrapped.
    *Saab 900S intercooler.
    *2" and 2.5" charge piping.
    *Bosch diverter valve (Porsche sourced)
    *Ford Motorsport 24# injectors
    *Check-valve type MBC installed in modified turbo compressor housing bracket.
    *Boost gauge and carbon-fiber faceplate that replaces OE clock.
    *Oil feed system (custom T-fitting, braided SS line, clamps)
    *Oil pan with oil return fitting.
    *Many silicone pieces, hose clamps, silicone vacuum tubing, and extras.
    $1000 obo

Also available... make reasonable offers:
    *LSD rear-end.
    *5-speed tranny
    *4 bottle-caps with Falken Azenis tires on them (2 have low-tread)
    *Bilstein shocks with H&R sport springs
    *Front strut tower brace
    *front brake system (you can buy the rear too... but it is the stock drum setup, soo...)
    *Blaupunkt cassette stereo with activation code (OE to an early 90's BMW)
    *Shaved head for a *slight* increase in compression and a certain seal with the block.
    *Stock AFM in great working condition, with the cone filter adapter (and a used K&N cone filter)
    *Stock fuel pumps (transfer and main) only 1k miles old
    *Kidney grilles (OE chrome and another sprayed black)
    *Radiator only 1k miles old
    *Intake manifold and throttle body (nitrous anyone?)

If anyone is interested in the parts, especially the turbo setup, let me know. I put over 400 hours of work into this car, and though the turbo setup cost me little, the man-hours of machining, fabricating, designing, tuning, and building this car make this price low, not to mention the fact that you can double your power output with this setup. I spend a few thousand dollars getting this car where it is today, and would be willing to take the financial hit if someone shows the same interest in a turbo M10 that I had, and can give me a decent price for what I have.

If someone is interested in the kit or the whole car, an included bonus is my verbal help with any future questions you might have with regards to the car. I've been doing this area of work for about 5 years now, as it's my niche, you might say, and enjoy helping others making their cars accelerate faster in any direction.

As I said before, this is a feeler post. If I am not interested in the offers, or lack of offers that are presented, the car will remain here for the time being. Let the posts begin!

-Kevin Reagan-

Pics:

Kevin Reagan

2000 M5
    1984 325e

My Cars
    2000 M5, 1984 325e
    bump
    Kevin Reagan

2000 M5
    1984 325e

My Cars
    2000 M5, 1984 325e
    Update... there has been interest in multiple parts of the car. One or two have mentioned picking up the whole lot, but those seemed to have turned away from the idea recently.

Any offers on the entire lot before it gets parted? If not, start making offers.
    Kevin Reagan

2000 M5
    1984 325e