Thread: Ellipsoids w/ a SC Kit, questions.......

My Cars
    '98 M3

Ellipsoids w/ a SC Kit, questions.......

I have been debating this for a while, but I have been a little skeptical of the fit of the european headlights fitting with the SC kit in place. I know the ellipsoids are much deeper than the US version. My question is if anyone has seen or done this on a supercharged car. If I remember correctly, there was some modification needed on the driver's side headlight. If anyone has some info or pictures, I would really appreciate it if you would post it or email me it.

Thanks,

CO

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    I heard of someone doing it on an SC car. I have a dinan intake which protrudes a lot and it fit with a little bit of modification. I'd say take it to a good bmw shop and ask them if you're nervous. There is a plastic shroud around the lights that is very large. My shop cut around this just a little to fit the dinan intake in. It fits fine, looks great, and i can see at night

Have fun,
    Josh
    96 Lux M3 ~RIP~
    95 Lux M3- Purple people eater!!!!!

My Cars
    '94 740i
    Hey Josh do you have any pics of the ellipsoid installation with the Dinan CAI?

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    I need to get a compact flash reader and the car back... I'll take pics next week most likely, just keep the post kinda high so i remember.

Later,
    Josh
    96 Lux M3 ~RIP~
    95 Lux M3- Purple people eater!!!!!

My Cars
    2006 E55 AMG
    I dropped off my car today at RMS for the SC and aftercooler install. They modify the intake to fit the euro lights. I think the MAF is located further down, and use a slightly smaller diameter tube to fit behind the headlights. If you want to wait 2 weeks, I can take some pics for you

RENNtech 168mm Pulley and Tune | VRP Carbon Fiber Airbox | JP Shorty Headers | Eisenmann Race Exhaust | RENNtech Digital Lowering Module | 19" HRE 547R
    459 RWHP, 522 RWT