Thread: Any fitment issues with AA Gen 3 exhausts?

Any fitment issues with AA Gen 3 exhausts?

My Cars
    1970 Cadillac DeVille
    Tips hung a little low for my taste, and one of the mounting nuts was hard to reach with an extension. Also I had slight banging of the pipes against the rear subframe, but that was easily fixed but placing an inch thick block of wood b/t the pipes and the subframe before tightening things down.

It's a high quality unit, however, and sounds good. New hangers might fix the low slung look but am unsure.
    In the slow lane

any idea which exhaust fits the best? The most important thing for me is this and second i dont want a loud exhaust. Maybe I should go with Supersprint?

My Cars
    1970 Cadillac DeVille
    Yes. SS is your exhaust then. Factory fitment and slightly more aggressive sound. I've driven a car with an SS, and listened all weekend to two race cars at the track with SS exhausts. They sound great but are not particularly loud. They really are great units.

I think the only reported issue with SS is that big meats out back sometimes rub against the can of the exhaust. People have solved this by putting a slight dent in the can with a dead blow hammer.
    In the slow lane

thanks, any idea what the weight difference is between the AA and SS?

My Cars
    ///M's
    I have the DTM version, fitment was not really a problem. The tips stick out a little too much to my taste.

so the DTM fits better than the regular tips?

My Cars
    ///M's
    Both my rear hangers are actually broken, so I don't know whether it helps fitment! The exhaust is pretty tight in there with very little side to side play. As Jeff said one bolt is hard to access but simply push the muffler out of the way and there you go, nothing big at all. I installed my muffler in a few minutes, no surprises, no problems, just a beautiful, awesome sounding exhaust installed with tips that stick out

My Cars
    2003 AW/Black M3
    Ricky, check your PMs buddy....
    <font face="century gothic"><b><font size="2">2003 Alpine White M3...</font></b>
    <font face="century gothic"><b><font size="1"></font></b><br />
    The infamous "Paul E." and I after some detailing...