Thread: Just got my nice new quote for repair...:s

My Cars
    Z3

Just got my nice new quote for repair...:s

Ok so Ive had he car in a few times to check for

1...A clunk noise when changing gear and torquey jerk coming from the rear underside of car - especially shifting at low speed and disengaging the clutch quickly

2...A strange noise (metallic rattling noise) coming from the Vanos unit upon the drop of revs when revving the engine.

3...To replace one of the radiator brackets as it had come off :s

Anyway heres the fixes and the quote

1...Rear axle carrier bushes are weak, would need to replace then retest - £356

2...The Drive plate and vanos gears and hub need to be replaced - £563

3...Radiator bracket replaced - £27

Total including parts and labour - £1299!

Anyway I asked them if any of this would be included in the warranty (which they didnt know I had at the time of the quote) they went away for a sec then cameback telling me the radiator bracket def wouldnt and that the rest would have to be applied for as a goodwill gesture (have to wait 24hrs for decision)

Anyway do u think any of this should be covered under the BMW extended warranty - included when I purchased the car from a main dealer nearly a year ago? I also find it hard to accept that a radiator bracket is a wear and tear item?

My Cars
    Z3
    Just got a call from BMW aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand they are paying for the lot on warranty!!! Apart from the radiator bracket :s haha, still, just goes to show that it does happen sometimes!

My Cars
    98 M Roadster
    That's good that they are owning up to their warranty. That would have been quite a bill if you had to swallow the whole thing.

My Cars
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinci
    That's good that they are owning up to their warranty. That would have been quite a bill if you had to swallow the whole thing.
    i agree.. that would have taken a nice bite out of the wallet

My Cars
    z3 02' 3.0i coupe, 99M3
    FYI: my coupe 02' 3.0 is still under warrt and has the CPO (both drive train and maint)
    everything is covered..except.. the windsheild and tires

bill