Thread: Eibach, Koni, or H&R Help me pick out my new suspension

My Cars
    Out of Service

Eibach, Koni, or H&R Help me pick out my new suspension

Here are my current thoughts

I have a hook up where I can get these setups for all around the same price

Which are better the Eibach pro-kit springs or H&R sport springs (which have higher spring rates and handling???)

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=760 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=searchheadnew colSpan=5>H&R Touring Cup Suspension Kit</TD><TD class=searchhead2new>Product Details </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=searchresultnew width=160> </TD><TD class=searchresultnew width=226>Front and Rear Fitment Ride Height: Moderate Lowering
    Note: Avg Low 1.5"F 1.0"R
    For models after 6/22/92. Matched Performance springs and custom valved shocks. Models with BMW M-Technik will have less lowering. Will not work with convertible models.

</TD><TD class=searchresultnew width=15>

</TD><TD class=searchresultnew vAlign=top align=left>Price: $564.00 (kit)
    Estimated Availability: Special Order

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=760 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=searchheadnew colSpan=5>Eibach Pro-System Kit</TD><TD class=searchhead2new>Product Details | Reviews </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=searchresultnew width=160> </TD><TD class=searchresultnew width=226>Front and Rear Fitment Ride Height: Moderate Lowering
    Note: Includes Pro Kit & Pro Dampers

</TD><TD class=searchresultnew vAlign=top align=left>Price: $659.00 (kit)
    Estimated Availability: Low Stock

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=760 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=searchheadnew colSpan=5>Koni Sport Suspension Kit</TD><TD class=searchhead2new>Product Details | Reviews </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=searchresultnew width=160> </TD><TD class=searchresultnew width=226>Front and Rear Fitment Ride Height: Preset Height Levels With Clip
    Note: Avg low 40mmF 25mmR
    Front dampers are externally adjustable. Rear dampers are standard adjustable.

</TD><TD class=searchresultnew vAlign=top align=left>Price: $752.00 (kit)
    Estimated Availability: Low Stock

ANOTHER OPTION IS TO GET KONI S/A and either get (Eibach pro-kit springs, H&R sports, or KONI Sport springs)

My Cars
    wrecked 325i, 318i no drivetrain, salvaged 325i
    Get koni sa from ebay shipped for $555 and H&R sports from wherever. You will not be upset. I just did this last month and the ride is incredible not to harsh and adds a lot of nice nice handling. Not to mention the drop is perfect for this car.

My Cars
    triple rare US E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by nbirru
    Get koni sa from ebay shipped for $555 and H&R sports from wherever. You will not be upset. I just did this last month and the ride is incredible not to harsh and adds a lot of nice nice handling. Not to mention the drop is perfect for this car.

+1

My Cars
    92 325i--> Pure Dance
    Do you have to do anything special to install the Konis? I've heard of people having to grind stuff off or fabricating things on the strut hats for these to work. Just a simple install?

GriFF

SG_M3 on drifting
    Quote Originally Posted by SG_M3 View Post
    don't get me wrong, as a sport its one of the lamest. Its the figure skating of motorsports.
    FOR SALE!!!!!

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1012468

My Cars
    That is only for m3's they come as cartridges. It's a simple install for everything else. However it looks like you have a 92 and I heard they had some weird suspension.

My Cars
    92 325i--> Pure Dance
    That is only for m3's they come as cartridges. It's a simple install for everything else. However it looks like you have a 92 and I heard they had some weird suspension.
    Yea, anything pre 6/92 has problems. That was the first thing i checked when i looked at the car

GriFF

SG_M3 on drifting
    don't get me wrong, as a sport its one of the lamest. Its the figure skating of motorsports.
    FOR SALE!!!!!

My Cars
    1985 325es, 1999 740
    Coilovers FTW

My Cars
    Griff is that your car in that sig?? Stock suspension? That is some major body roll on that

My Cars
    92 325i--> Pure Dance
    Griff is that your car in that sig?? Stock suspension? That is some major body roll on that
    LOL stock suspension on a 220K car. Don't worry, C/Os are on the list

GriFF

SG_M3 on drifting
    FOR SALE!!!!!