Thread: Finally! The "I Just Got My New Car!" Thread (56K, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA)

My Cars
    I drive a Chevy

Finally! The "I Just Got My New Car!" Thread (56K, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA)

Well, technically I've had my car since late April but I just recently fixed the misfire issue. I didn't want to announce it until I sorted out the issue. It's a '97 540i6 with 110k, all stock aside from the 18" ACS Type II's the first owner put on at 1k miles and the CDV delete I did a couple days ago. Tomorrow I'm sending the money for the Euro Hella Xenon AE kit and speaking with a dealer here about the Dinan software. I'm considering going the Dinan 5 route if I can find all the parts cheap/used. I know, I know, I'm a cheap bastard. Hopefully I can find a used set of CELIS tails as well, the car really needs them. I'm still debating whether or not to paint the side mouldings, I'm seriously torn. I imagine somewhere along the line it'll recieve an M5 bumper or two, we'll see. Let me know what you guys think of the car and my plans for it.

Click the pics for higher resolution versions

And a little something for the guys. Don't tell Jenny, she doesn't know I took this haha

Puget Sound, WA - San Juan MM Philippines
    My Cars
    97 M-Technic 328i * 06 Navigator * 08 C350
    Let me be the first to say congrats! Nice ride. I've always loved the E39 540i6's.

And as far as painting the moldings...only if you update to a M-Technic front and rear bumper first - they are usually painted.

My Cars
    I drive a Chevy
    Thanks man.

Interesting thing about the '03 E39 Sport (M-Tech) is it nor the M5 ever had painted moldings as far as I know.

Puget Sound, WA - San Juan MM Philippines
    My Cars
    97 M-Technic 328i * 06 Navigator * 08 C350
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey Link
    Thanks man.

Interesting thing about the '03 E39 Sport (M-Tech) is it nor the M5 ever had painted moldings as far as I know.
    Really? I have a friend with a black M5..I thought for sure they were painted. Maybe they just looked painted because his car is black.

On a white car though I think it would look hot to have the moldings painted.

My Cars
    I drive a Chevy
    Yeah I couldn't believe it when I heard that. I don't believe they have the chromeline trim either.

Thanks for the input on the moldings, we'll see what happens

My Cars
    2017 530i M-sport
    Better get those CA plates changed

Jay

From wannabe to has been in a few short years..... the older I get, the faster I was

My Cars
    91 M3 / 01 M5
    Nice 540i6

and yes, M5 and M technic cars never had painted moldings. You'll find some with them (looks nice), but it's all done by the owners. They also have the black window trim in place of chrome.
    Chris

My Cars
    93 325i Saloon !
    Congrats on the car, looks good !

Keep the moldings black right now, maybe post some pic's after you change the bumper and ask again. Right now I like the black moldings but if you changed the look then it might look better with painted moldings.
    1993 BMW 325i Mod list:Replica M-Mirrors|Um-nitza Predator Chromium|M3 Replica Bumper|Clears All Around|Spoiler|Wide Euro Kidney Grille|Bf.c Decal |Clear Fogs|Velocity Splitters|M3 Sport Side Skirts|M-Tec Side Moldings|LTW Flag (hood)|Rieger Infinity 1 Rear Bumper|OCW ACS type III Repo

My Cars
    540it,E36 & E30 Touring
    Like I said before, next car is a 5 series like yours congrats!