Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: vibration when accelerating

My Cars
    325xi
    sorry about the long post...but i got my problem solved.....brought it to the dealer...part of it was from pot hole damage on the wheels...the major part was that the right front driveshaft had a worn out joint on the inside....which clearly does explain the vibration during acceleration only.....the service rep said that when he took it for a drive, the vibration was there immediately and the car didnt have to get driven first...so if it only happens after a little while of driving then it might be something else, but thats wat it was for me..........so my advice is to get that checked asap before any more damage follows.....thanks for all your advice guys
    it's legal if no one is looking....right?

..:BIMMERBOYZZZ:..

My Cars
    2003 325xi

RE: solution

Hi all,

I finally got back after the holidays and drove the car around until it acted up and then took it to a non-dealer BMW/Volvo guy (real nice guy).

Anyway, he drove it and said it was the right front driveshaft. Went to the dealer and got that part replaced and now it is FINALLY fixed! yay!

So if you have a vibration that takes a while to start, and happens 95% on acceleration, probably driveshaft related.

My Cars
    2006 BMW X5

Vibration when accelerating

Quote Originally Posted by Critter7r View Post
    BMDubXi : Yes, the front halfshafts are covered by regular and CPO warranty.

Stoneweed : Have you gone out and checked your front driveshafts yet??? Christ, you don't even have to put the car up in the air. Crawl under the front wheel, reach up and grab ahold of the f**king halfshaft and feel if there is any play in it. Then come back and fill us in on what happened. We haven't heard from you since your second post over a month ago. Part of the idea of a forum is not just to ask questions and get freebie answers, it's also posting what fixed your problem so that others can learn from it!!!
    Hi guys, this is a female speaking so please don't be hard on me. I drive a BMW X5 3.0D and I have been keenly following this forum looking for possibilities why my vehicle is shaking, pulsing, surging when I accelerate. I did a diagnostic and no codes showed up besides glow plugs which I did not change because the vehicle doesn't hard start. I changed different stuff trying to eliminate the possibilities starting with control arm bushings and ball joints which rectified braking and suspension noises. I then changed the diesel filter and no change in the vehicle vibrating. I changed the transmission filter, inserted gear oil in the differential, inserted oem BMW liquid in the transfer case, no relief. I followed Stoneweed advice and I changed both Left and right front axles and the vibrating still persist. Decided to clean EGR valve, that did not help either. Yesterday the technicians disengaged the four wheel drive and test driven the vehicle using only rear wheel drive and the vibrating had stopped, thank GOD what a relief, this shaking was annoying to the point that I did not want others to be driven in it since you feel it all in your bum, lol. Therefore, my diagnosis is that I need a Transfer case. I also had issues with stalling when I come to a complete stop, the vehicle will delay before shooting off, they think it might be the injectors, any ideas?????

My Cars
    E46 wag. E36 convertible
    What about YOU. Is it possible that your concern is amplified...In a cadillac..one feels nothing! My M54 growels in lower gear shifts up until 5. I am sensitive to mechanical sounds and changes. Vibration that you describe seem for a turning part as 'unbalanced' I know that not all aftermarket replacement parts prove permanent... I posted a reminder to myself to never buy again 'MEYLE' after market parts for my previous A6 avant.....just saying
    Last edited by Eaglesail; 04-18-2018 at 01:42 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12