Thread: Need Some Help From E60 Owners. Someone Stole an Item & I need to ID It. (Photo)

My Cars
    '06 BMW 530I, '97 Porsche 993 Cab

Need Some Help From E60 Owners. Someone Stole an Item & I need to ID It. (Photo)

While my car sat at the auto yard, someone got into the truck and removed something from the left hand (driver’s) side of the trunk. The cover was removed and there were three wire left on the bottom of the trunk. Two of the plugs were female plugs and one was a square plug. You can see in the photo where it was attacked at the two plastic fasteners.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    The car has navigation and satellite radio. Any idea what they took? TIA

My Cars
    m52 powered
    I don't have an e60 to compare to unfortunately, but in the e39 that compartment is for the cd changer and navigation computer- the cd changer is a couple hundred bucks on the street, a lil more for the nav unit, maybe 600+? anyway it appears you've been robbed. does your nav still work?

My Cars
    m52 powered
    http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...08&hg=65&fg=05

sat. radio module

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...14&hg=65&fg=25

radio amplifier

I think those things are whats missing, I could not find a seperate navigation box, that must be intrgrated in the head unit or something now.

My Cars
    e39dreams..Many thanks. I just went to the local BMW dealer and looked at an E60 with the Navagation option. The area that my item was taken was empty, so its not the nav. I also remember seeing the satellite radio as show in your diagram, so its not that either . It appears it may have been the AMPLIFIER/HOLDER,HIFI PROFESSIONAL DSP. The bracket holds would line up prefect for that. What's odd is car did not have that listed as one of it options. Perhaps they added it. Can you tell what plugs into it? If its has the two female plug that go to it and a small square one, you solved it. Again, many thanks.

My Cars
    After looking at the suspected missing item I noticed it is "RealOEM.com Home => Select another car => AUDIO, NAVIGATION, ELECTRONIC SYSTEMS => AMPLIFIER" Perhaps its the audio part for the nav.

My Cars
    m52 powered
    Yes- the real oem website can be very helpful, add it to your favorites/bookmarks for the future. Also, I was looking at an 03 because I did not know your year, this site will show you diagrams of your exact BMW by adding your vin to the criteria. If in doubt you could always take it in to the dealer to identify whats gone, good luck. I'm sure an e60 guy or two will show up here as well.

My Cars
    1967 Camero RS
    usually the logic 7 amp is back there in that spot. look for a wiring harness and also 2 green fiber optics cables.

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by killcrap
    usually the logic 7 amp is back there in that spot. look for a wiring harness and also 2 green fiber optics cables.
    I'll look, thanks. Looking at my option list, I don't have the Logic 7 Premium Hi-Fi Option or HD radio option.

I found the below diagram on the net. Perhaps the piece that was taken in behind the "N40a" notation box.

Last edited by Chuck W.; 06-07-2006 at 10:08 AM.