Thread: New to BMW... and loving it

My Cars
    '96 323i

New to BMW... and loving it

Hey all, recently purchased my '87 318i. So far loving every minute of it, want to quit my job just so I can drive it! Worlds apart from my Corolla, forgotten how to drive it now!

Just sorting out a few mechanical tid bits then I'll be thinking about spraying it black. Anyone seen any other Kiwi's in here??

My Cars
    1987 325is
    Yeah, there's another somewhere. Welcome to the wonderful world of e30's.
    Rancho5
    Always Learning

My Cars
    1989 325iS
    Kiwis? haha

Welcome to the forums, glad your having fun.

My Cars
    1987 325is
    E30stz
    Rancho5
    Always Learning

My Cars
    1998 M3 Coupe - RIP
    Congrats. Ever take the E30 to Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakit anatahu?

My Cars
    87 325is, 91 MR2
    E30's will always be my favorite BMWs. They are the last of the "pure" cars that BMW made and by that I mean they don't have all the unecessary accessories modern cars have. While still being considered luxery, they are light weight, decently powered and just feel right.

Only 3 more hours of work then I get to go play with my baby that's waiting patiently in the parking garage for me.
    '87 325is = For sale $4200

My Cars
    1994 Red Mustang Vert, 1988 Red BMW Vert
    Quote Originally Posted by Antallica
    So far loving every minute of it, want to quit my job just so I can drive it!

I'll be thinking about spraying it black. Anyone seen any other Kiwi's in here??
    I heard about people actually doing that (wasnt sure what car though).

I would strongly consider just "how" you plan on painting your car before doing so. Note that when switching colors, the engine bay NEVER gets painted because the engine would have to be pulled. Under hoods and trunks almost never get painted. Door jams, and other hard to reach places almost never get painted.

Just now that there is a LOT more prep work to change a cars color. Other than orange peel, this is what sets a $1000 apart from $3000. ...well, unless you do everything yourself of course.

Diving Board Supporter - Show Off That Bling!

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by augur11
    E30's will always be my favorite BMWs. They are the last of the "pure" cars that BMW made and by that I mean they don't have all the unecessary accessories modern cars have. While still being considered luxery, they are light weight, decently powered and just feel right.
    Depends on other peoples opinion. To some people a "cassette player" is an "unnessisary luxury." The OBC, an "unessesary luxury." I can think of only 1 way that timer can be used... ...and where Id use it, wouldnt be legal.

To be honest, theres ALOT of features my beemer has, that non of our other cars have. Lets see, ABS, power windows, that MPG gauge, uh, leather!

But yeah, the e30 didnt come with heated mirrors. Thats probally why you dont see that many in TX. Thats a big big feature here. People choose that over the turn signal option.

My Cars
    '96 323i
    I was excited when I saw the Tape player in my bimmer (Toyota's one didn't work), I'm keen to get a CD player in it quick smart though. Central locking ftw!!

My Cars
    '96 323i
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoso
    Congrats. Ever take the E30 to Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakit anatahu?
    Nah I haven't dude , only had her a few weeks now.

My Cars
    E39 M5
    Congrats!
    I am also a new BMW owner who used to drive a corolla! lol

I'll never go back

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by byslexic
    Congrats!
    I am also a new BMW owner who used to drive a corolla! lol

I'll never go back
    My folks were stupid in getting me my e30... ...after that I wouldnt touch anything else. It took me over a year to start to apreciate my replacement, and it was 6 years newer!

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by Antallica
    I was excited when I saw the Tape player in my bimmer (Toyota's one didn't work), I'm keen to get a CD player in it quick smart though. Central locking ftw!!
    My e30 orginally came with a CD changer (atleast since 95)... ...but since it was removed 8 years ago, Im not really into reinstalling it (not sure if the wires are still there, or if it even works) I plan on simply attaching a headphone jack plug w/ the appropriate ended where the changer originally plugged into. That way Ill be able to listen to my ipod through the radio using the aux feature, and still have that classic cassette look... ...plus many aftermarket players are too fancy looking. I want to keep the flat black look. The radio needs to blend in with the OBC and everything else.

My Cars
    '96 323i
    Mine's actually some Kenwood headunit, what did the original unit look like?