View Poll Results: Did you find this info to be helpful?

Voters
648. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, of course!!!

548 84.57%
  • Kind of, but I'm still confused.....

63 9.72%
  • What is this about again???

37 5.71%
Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 23383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1224

Thread: Official M50 Manifold Swap Thread

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    That could be in the tune. Some kind of slowing if the CEL (for LTFT limits or whatever that might throw one). But if the tune was stock, pretty much all testing to date shows a loss up to about 4000+ rpm and a benefit not until about 5000 rpm. Great with supporting mods and a tune made for the manifold and mods, But the manifold alone not so great except for the guy who drives mostly over 4000 rpm.

My Cars
    1997 BMW //M3
    Is the M50 manifold legal in SCCA Street touring classes?
    Has anyone obtained a determination from the Solo Event Board, or can find where the SCCA Solo rulebook might allow or disallow changing the intake manifold?
    tia, Barry
    "And you may ask yourself, where is that large automobile?"

My Cars
    1996 328i
    I did the M50 on my old 1998 328i, but I paired it with M3 cams, CAI, Exhaust, and Conforti software for that setup. Got the low end close to where it belonged and the car was insanely better over 4K. 328 Dyno Sheet thread Check out the 3rd post, that's very much apples to apples. I'll either head down the motor swap route on my "new" 1996 328i, or do this again to get the high end that's awesome on the track. M50 by itself wouldn't be much good, especially on a 328i.

My Cars
    1997 BMW 328is
    We are performing the M50 Manifold swap on a 1996 328i M52 motor. For the Air Temp sensor, our original is a plug-in fit and the M50 is a threaded unit. What have you all used in this case? Very excited to get this going! Definitely will look at Cams, CAI and tuning soon too!

This is a fantastic thread. Really impressed with the knowledge and talent on this forum. Thank you for the help!

My Cars
    03 zhp, 97 e36m3, 04 zhp
    Quote Originally Posted by MXDave813S View Post
    We are performing the M50 Manifold swap on a 1996 328i M52 motor. For the Air Temp sensor, our original is a plug-in fit and the M50 is a threaded unit. What have you all used in this case? Very excited to get this going! Definitely will look at Cams, CAI and tuning soon too!

This is a fantastic thread. Really impressed with the knowledge and talent on this forum. Thank you for the help!
    Get one of them things and cut a couple of threads in your OBDII sensor, re-install back into manifold.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Gyros-12...dalType=drawer

My Cars
    1999 M3 , 1999 328is
    Quote Originally Posted by mpathic View Post
    Is the M50 manifold legal in SCCA Street touring classes?
    Has anyone obtained a determination from the Solo Event Board, or can find where the SCCA Solo rulebook might allow or disallow changing the intake manifold?
    tia, Barry
    No it is not. I installed an M50 manifold on mine and was moved from Street Touring to Street Prepared. The reason is the M50 manifold is after the throttle body, per the rules in the street touring class, intake modifications are only allowed before the throttle body.

Per the street touring rules below:
    The air intake system up to, but not including, the engine inlet may be modified or replaced. The engine inlet is the throttle body, carburetor, compressor inlet, or intake manifold, whichever comes first. The existing structure of the car may not be modified for the passage of ducting from the air cleaner to the engine inlet. Holes may be drilled for mounting. Emissions or engine management components in the air intake system, such as a PCV valve or mass airflow sensor, may not be removed, modified, or replaced, and must retain their original function along the flow path.
    The M50 intake manifold moves you up to Street Prepared where there is no limitation on induction systems:
    Carburetors, fuel injection, and intake manifolds are unrestricted subject to Section 15.10.E. Alternate throttle linkage and connections to facilitate installation of allowed induction systems are permitted but may serve no other purpose. If an induction system item is allowed to be removed and its original mounting bracket can be removed by simply unbolting it, the bracket may be removed as well.
    All of this comes from the SCCA Solo rule book here: https://www.scca.com/pages/solo-cars-and-rules
    Current fleet:
    1999 BMW e36 M3
    1999 BMW e36 328is with rotary valve engine head
    1999 Oldsmobile Eighty Eight
    1990 Jeep Comanche Eliminator
    1962 Austin Healey Sprite

My Cars
    1997 BMW //M3
    Thx for the detailed reply. Not worth the thousand$ more to stay competitive that the extra top end gives the engine. Street Touring is a nice sweet spot for Z3M's.
    "And you may ask yourself, where is that large automobile?"

My Cars
    E36 M3 US 3.2

Are you still sell conversion kit??

Quote Originally Posted by E36M3E View Post
    Just a quick update and FYI...manifold swap kits are still available here.

Www.m50manifold.com

Thanks,

-Eric
    I bought Kit#1 in your site.
    But It's not shipped yet.
    Would you please check?

My Cars
    1970 2002; 1998 E36
    all current orders will ship before Friday. Sorry. I've been out of town for a week. Thanks for being patient.

-Eric

My Cars
    E36 M3 US 3.2

Ok I see

Quote Originally Posted by E36M3E View Post
    all current orders will ship before Friday. Sorry. I've been out of town for a week. Thanks for being patient.

-Eric
    Thanks!! Please send ASAP.
    I need kit before next week.

My Cars
    1998 328i
    I bought a conversion Kit #1 last Wednesday, any updated on when it will be shipped?
    Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    1998 328i
    DK Park did you receive your manifold kit? I ordered one two weeks ago and haven't heard a thing. can anyone else tell me if that's normal?
    Thanks.

My Cars
    1998 bmw m3 sedan
    It’s normal, also Eric has an email and using this to get his attention doesn’t make it ship faster
    98 M3 sedan

My Cars
    98' Z3M, 02' 911 C4S
    Anyone have pics of how they modified their original intake brackets to work with the m50? I'm waiting for the gaskets before I can finalize the install but don't want to have to buy new brackets - I'll either make my own or modify the originals, but want to see a pic of ones done so I know what's involved. I've already modified the original bracket that attaches the ICV to the intake and added an adapter plate, so I might be able to bolt it to this plate but want to see a few pics if anyone has any - otherwise I'll take some when I'm done for the benefit of the group.

My Cars
    1998 bmw m3 sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by modifiede30 View Post
    Anyone have pics of how they modified their original intake brackets to work with the m50? I'm waiting for the gaskets before I can finalize the install but don't want to have to buy new brackets - I'll either make my own or modify the originals, but want to see a pic of ones done so I know what's involved. I've already modified the original bracket that attaches the ICV to the intake and added an adapter plate, so I might be able to bolt it to this plate but want to see a few pics if anyone has any - otherwise I'll take some when I'm done for the benefit of the group.
    I didn’t use them, you don’t need it just don’t lean on it while you’re working on other things
    98 M3 sedan

My Cars
    98' Z3M, 02' 911 C4S
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJordanWhitte View Post
    I didn’t use them, you don’t need it just don’t lean on it while you’re working on other things
    I'd like to have at least one of the brackets installed if possible. What did you do with the oil dipstick mount without the brackets?

My Cars
    08 328i|01 530i|96 328s
    Hi everoyone!
    Madeiraviolett Bf.C club member #001

1996 BMW 328is Madeiraviolett/Dove Grey: 5 Spd, Sport, Cold Weather & Premium Sound pkgs.
    3.5" ECIS/ITG intake -> Samco ASC Delete Boot -> DINAN TB -> M50 Manifold -> S52 Cams | Bav Auto Red-top ignition coils tuned w/ AA software, Dynomax Cats & Stromung exhaust UUC Pulleys & Clutch stop, FDM=Zionsville radiator, Mishimoto Tank, SAMCO hoses, Fidanza LTW flywheel & M3 clutch, UUC Evo3 SSK, 3.23 LSD, Koni/Eibach Adjustable Damper suspension, PUR RSM's & RTABs, CF Strut brace, UUC Swaybarbarians, Motorsport X-Brace, 17x8 Beyern Mesh wheels Hella CELIS projectors + 5k TRS HID's, Fog delete=Brake cooling duct, LTW wing, ///M Bumper & R. Diffuser
    CCA Member #382557

My Cars
    1998 bmw m3 sedan

Official M50 Manifold Swap Thread

I'd like to have at least one of the brackets installed if possible. What did you do with the oil dipstick mount without the brackets?
    The kit I used came with a little bracelet that attaches to the manifold.

Not my car, but that’s how it mounts.

Last edited by TheJordanWhitte; 12-12-2020 at 12:08 AM.
    98 M3 sedan

My Cars
    98' Z3M, 02' 911 C4S
    Quote Originally Posted by MXDave813S View Post

Bimmerworld sells the screw in type temp sensor that fits the M50. I'm running it on my S52 and works well, not sure if its the same as your base engine so may not be helpful.

My Cars
    1998 bmw m3 sedan
    Bimmerworld sells the screw in type temp sensor that fits the M50. I'm running it on my S52 and works well, not sure if its the same as your base engine so may not be helpful.
    All 4 of the used M50 manifolds I’ve purchased have come with that temp sensor.
    98 M3 sedan

My Cars
    98' Z3M, 02' 911 C4S
    All 4 of the used M50 manifolds I’ve purchased have come with that temp sensor.
    The S52 intake has a push-in type temp sensor so the threaded one I mention is needed when swapping over to the M50 intake. its this:

https://www.bimmerworld.com/Modified...version_2.html

My Cars
    1998 bmw m3 sedan
    The S52 intake has a push-in type temp sensor so the threaded one I mention is needed when swapping over to the M50 intake. its this:

https://www.bimmerworld.com/Modified...version_2.html
    Are you not getting a tune as well? In that case sure you need that sensor but if you’re doing it right and getting a tune it should be calibrated.
    98 M3 sedan

My Cars
    98' Z3M, 02' 911 C4S
    Are you not getting a tune as well? In that case sure you need that sensor but if you’re doing it right and getting a tune it should be calibrated.
    The BW temp sensor is from the S52, its just threaded, so the only tuning is for performance. I have a full tune, that includes EWS, 3/2 Valve, SAP, M50, and 3.5" MAF and Cat deletes already. My setup is working well with this - although I need to get it on the road to really know for sure, but as I build the track car, having it running now is a huge step forward.

My Cars
    1998 bmw m3 sedan
    The BW temp sensor is from the S52, its just threaded, so the only tuning is for performance. I have a full tune, that includes EWS, 3/2 Valve, SAP, M50, and 3.5" MAF and Cat deletes already. My setup is working well with this - although I need to get it on the road to really know for sure, but as I build the track car, having it running now is a huge step forward.
    That’s what I’m saying, you can have the factory threaded sensor calibrated into your tune as well.
    98 M3 sedan

My Cars
    98' Z3M, 02' 911 C4S
    That’s what I’m saying, you can have the factory threaded sensor calibrated into your tune as well.
    Not following. There's no need to have the factory threaded sensor calibrated if its stock? I'm using the S52 sensor with an S52 engine, and an S52 tune - what am I missing? Its just a threaded sensor vs non-threaded.

Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 23383940414243444546474849 LastLast