Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: ***NEW*** M50 Manifold Conversion Kit - E36 M3 and 328 ***NEW***

My Cars
    SOLD
    yeah guys, this kit is complete for the 328i... me and fred just added an extra peice we didn't have to basically..

My Cars
    1970 2002; 1998 E36
    wow...only 1 order this week? is that right or did I lose a couple?
    Eric Paul Eviston - 1 Piece Silicone Hose M50 Manifold Conversion Kit

******M50 Manifold Install Trouble Shooting Guide Here: www.m50manifold.com

'98 M3/4 - ECIS CAI, S50 Manifold, Conforti Software, 16" Spal Puller, UUC Pulleys, Fan Delete, UUC Stage 2 Fly w/M5 Clutch, UUC Blacks w/TMEs, X-Brace, GC RTAB shims, GC RSMs,
    M Roadster lever, 245x40x17 all 4 corners, Drilled Zimmermans, Motul RBF600 and Redline Synth fluids.
    My Dyno HERE
    My Website:
    www.m50manifold.com
    My Email:
    info@m50manifold.com

My Cars
    328i 1996
    Ok thx for your quick response and clear explanations guys. This helps a lot.
    '96 328i - K&N Short ram | Clutch stop | M50 manifold | Clears all around | HIDs | M-Tech bumper

My Cars
    '97 M3, '96 Legacy
    I just finished my install of Eric's kit. The total install time was about 8 hours for me. I work VERY slow, and this was the first time I've done any work on the intake manifold. If you already understand the purpose of all the components involved it could easily take less than 4 hours. I'd give this install a 4/10 difficulty, with a clutch replacement being around a 7/10, and brakes being a 2/10.

At first I thought "Wow, this cost a lot of money for the parts I got." However, once I got into the install I realized how much time I saved by using Eric's work on the brackets and hoses. It would have taken me forever to come up with my own kit. There is nothing hacked about this kit, and it should make for a reliable system. The brackets and adapted/t'd hoses all fit perfectly the first try!

The car fired up and idled at about 1k RPM, and after a quick drive it was completely normal. Without a dyno, it's hard to comment on a before/after power/torque situation. However, the butt dyno does seem to feel that the low end has indeed been sacrified for a stronger top-end pull. It's hard to say whether this is my imagination without a real dyno.

Overall, I'm satisfied with the way my car operates, and the M50 kit overall.

Eric, thanks for contributing positively to the BMW community!
    Last edited by Dispatch20; 10-05-2006 at 07:32 AM.

My Cars
    1970 2002; 1998 E36
    Glad you're happy with your install Dispatch20.

OT are you a dispatcher of some kind?

E

'98 M3/4 - ECIS CAI, S50 Manifold, Conforti Software, 16" Spal Puller, UUC Pulleys, Fan Delete, UUC Stage 2 Fly w/M5 Clutch, UUC Blacks w/TMEs, X-Brace, GC RTAB shims, GC RSMs,
    M Roadster lever, 245x40x17 all 4 corners, Drilled Zimmermans, Motul RBF600 and Redline Synth fluids.
    My Dyno HERE
    My Website:
    www.m50manifold.com
    My Email:
    info@m50manifold.com

My Cars
    '97 M3, '96 Legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by E36M3E View Post
    Glad you're happy with your install Dispatch20.

OT are you a dispatcher of some kind?

E
    Nope, one of my favorite bands was 'Dispatch'...they were more popular in the northeast since they were based out of Boston. They never really got big though.

My Cars
    1970 2002; 1998 E36
    Lino and Daxa your kits should hit the UPS system in a couple hours.

No orders for next week yet. Maybe I'll get to take the week off. Whew.

Website is close to finished.

My Dyno HERE
    My Website:
    www.m50manifold.com
    My Email:
    info@m50manifold.com

My Cars
    328i 1996
    Ok I finished installing mine today. The first time I tried to start the car, it took about 3 seconds to starts. It idled at about 1100 rpms. Then after 2 min. it went down to 900 rpms.

When I depressed the gas pedal for the first time, I went up to 1500 rpms and dopped the pedal. It didn't stop exactly when I dropped the pedal. It continued to go up to 2000 rpms and after went down to 1200 rpms. But then, it wasn't able to find its idle. It went from 1200 rpms to 1800 rpms then down to 1200 rpms then up to 1800 rpms... you get the point.

After about 3 min. I shut the car off. I started it again and once again, the idle was pretty good. About 750 rpms. Then I depressed the gas pedal again. Same thing happened. It cannot find its idle.

What is the problem? A vaccum problem?
    '96 328i - K&N Short ram | Clutch stop | M50 manifold | Clears all around | HIDs | M-Tech bumper

My Cars
    1970 2002; 1998 E36
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth13 View Post
    Ok I finished installing mine today. The first time I tried to start the car, it took about 3 seconds to starts. It idled at about 1100 rpms. Then after 2 min. it went down to 900 rpms.

When I depressed the gas pedal for the first time, I went up to 1500 rpms and dopped the pedal. It didn't stop exactly when I dropped the pedal. It continued to go up to 2000 rpms and after went down to 1200 rpms. But then, it wasn't able to find its idle. It went from 1200 rpms to 1800 rpms then down to 1200 rpms then up to 1800 rpms... you get the point.

After about 3 min. I shut the car off. I started it again and once again, the idle was pretty good. About 750 rpms. Then I depressed the gas pedal again. Same thing happened. It cannot find its idle.

What is the problem? A vaccum problem?
    any CELs? does it run well otherwise or is it still hunting when you hold the pedal down? e.g. can you hold a steady 2500rpm?

sounds like maybe the ICV is having a prob. could be the hose connecting the ICV to the intake boot.

did the vacuum diagram make sense? how'd all that work out for you?

call me if you still have probs.

My Dyno HERE
    My Website:
    www.m50manifold.com
    My Email:
    info@m50manifold.com

My Cars
    328i 1996
    any CELs? does it run well otherwise or is it still hunting when you hold the pedal down? e.g. can you hold a steady 2500rpm?

sounds like maybe the ICV is having a prob. could be the hose connecting the ICV to the intake boot.

did the vacuum diagram make sense? how'd all that work out for you?

call me if you still have probs.
    No CELs;
    I can hold a steady rpm;
    I cleaned the ICV;
    The vacuum diagram did make sense;
    I had some problems stting correctly the fuel rail even after the modifications to the manifold. But I doubt it can be related. It doesn't sit perfect but its relly tight and no fuel leaks;
    The FPR system did seem weird. Not like the M3 in your instructions;
    There is also a little "trrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" comming from the injector-manifold/head region.

Thanks for the quick reply.

My Cars
    1970 2002; 1998 E36
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth13 View Post
    No CELs;
    I can hold a steady rpm;
    I cleaned the ICV;
    The vacuum diagram did make sense;
    I had some problems stting correctly the fuel rail even after the modifications to the manifold. But I doubt it can be related. It doesn't sit perfect but its relly tight and no fuel leaks;
    The FPR system did seem weird. Not like the M3 in your instructions;
    There is also a little "trrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" comming from the injector-manifold/head region.

Thanks for the quick reply.
    does the car run any better with the AC on? I know this seems a little weird but its ascociated with the ICV.

do you have a listening device like a steahascope? if you take the pointy end off of the end of the steathascope and just use the tube open at the end it becomes a really nice vacuum leak finder.

sounds like something came loose or never got connected properly.

another thing to check is the bottom and side connections of the crank vent...sometimes with all the moving around of parts the drain hose and or the engine connections can come loose or crack. this is prob the case here too.

E

My Dyno HERE
    My Website:
    www.m50manifold.com
    My Email:
    info@m50manifold.com

My Cars
    328i 1996
    does the car run any better with the AC on? I know this seems a little weird but its ascociated with the ICV.

do you have a listening device like a steahascope? if you take the pointy end off of the end of the steathascope and just use the tube open at the end it becomes a really nice vacuum leak finder.

sounds like something came loose or never got connected properly.

another thing to check is the bottom and side connections of the crank vent...sometimes with all the moving around of parts the drain hose and or the engine connections can come loose or crack. this is prob the case here too.

E
    My Ac is empty. I don't have such listening device. I will check for loose connection tomorrow. If I have time, I will also draw you a plan of my vacuum connection.

Thanks again for the help. Really appreciated.

My Cars
    328i 1996
    Eric, I sent you an email with a file attached. Its a drawing of my vacuum system. If you could check it out and tell me if you see something wrong.

Thx

My Cars
    328i 1996
    And if you look at your first post in this thread, on the picture of you kit, we can see a hose thinner than the other on the hose assembly that connects to the ICV. Where does that line go? I've plugged it to a plastic fitting that was a little thicker (a bit of wrestle to get it in). This plastic fitting comes out of a selenoid on the driver's side of the engine bay. I don't know what is that selenoid and I don't know if it should be plugged there.

My Cars
    Corolla, 4Runner, F150
    Hey Eric, Nevermind the voicemail, I fixed it. I didnt read anything about covering the old sensor hole in the M50 mani, an I hadnt seen it until I re-tore everything apart again. Also the instructions werent too clear on the M version of vaccum diagram. I had to guess how to connect up to the charcol canister. Other than those two things, I was a dummy and forgot to hook up the sensor in the intake boot. Now its all fixed, a little dirty, and definitely faster. I do feel a little loss of bottom end. I'll throw her around and play on the streets on a night were the cops are out with a vengence. All in all 1 M50 swap, and 1 M50 removal/installation, five and a half hours.
    Thanks Eric!!!
    DON'T BUY PWR RADIATORS

My Cars
    328i 1996
    Yesterday I called Eric and we discovered that I had the first set of instructions and I was missing the vacuum diagram. He sent it to me by email right away. That diagram was so helpful. It is so simple and so clear. I went outside and it took me 5 min. to disconnect all the hoses and T's and replug them together the right way.

Now the problem is solve and the car works fine. I can clearly see that the ECU is slowly adapting itself to the new air flow. It getting better everytime I ride it. I can feel a little low end torque loss but its really worth the HUGE hp gain at high rpm.

This mod is really worth it. I can't wait to had the JC shark . The total installation took me ~10 hours but if I had the diagram the first time, It would of took me ~7-8 hours.

So Eric, you have been very helpful. I thank you very much. I know I was supposed to call you back to tell you if it worked but those international calls are so expensive. Internet is long distance free .

My Cars
    1970 2002; 1998 E36
    sorry about that Jean-Francois...I forgot I sent your kit a couple months ago and the diagram was created since your instructions were printed.

TJ, I'm glad you figured it out...I'm gonna put a M3 vacuum diagram in the instructions too. and I tought I mentioned plugging the IAT hole...hmmm. guess not. I'll put it in.

And I will continue to modify the instrucctions based on everyones feedback.

Thanks for your help.

E

My Dyno HERE
    My Website:
    www.m50manifold.com
    My Email:
    info@m50manifold.com

My Cars
    Corolla, 4Runner, F150
    sorry about that Jean-Francois...I forgot I sent your kit a couple months ago and the diagram was created since your instructions were printed.

TJ, I'm glad you figured it out...I'm gonna put a M3 vacuum diagram in the instructions too. and I tought I mentioned plugging the IAT hole...hmmm. guess not. I'll put it in.

And I will continue to modify the instrucctions based on everyones feedback.

Thanks for your help.

E
    Maybe you had mentioned it. I'm not down with all the acronym lingo though, so i did alot of guessing based on what I know is required for newer vehicles. ICV IAT and what ever else. I only know the normal stuff. ABC's, 123's LOL j/k but i wasnt familiar with the Bimmer engine so i was like WTF man. It was all good though I know alot more about my car, and im sure could knock out another M50 swap blind folded in a few short hours.
    DON'T BUY PWR RADIATORS

My Cars
    98' 528i
    wow...only 1 order this week? is that right or did I lose a couple?
    Email just sent, I think you lost a couple
    1993 325i Schwarz - Sold
    1999 M3 Hellrot - Gone
    2005 525i JB - Sold
    1986 318i Schwarz - Sold
    2001 M5 Avus - Sold
    1995 M3 Avus - Sold
    2006 M3 ZCP Jet Black - Sold
    2007 Z4 M Coupe Alpine - Sold
    1988 325i Bronzitbiege
    1998 Alpine 528i ~ Daily Project

S54 Future~

My Cars
    1970 2002; 1998 E36
    got a couple of orders for this week...and maybe one install. I've got a never ending supply of these kits.

order away.

My Dyno HERE
    My Website:
    www.m50manifold.com
    My Email:
    info@m50manifold.com

My Cars
    99 M3; 07 335i
    Installed mine today and everything is working fine. Not sure if car is faster but the intake is louder. Thanks Eric.

My Cars
    1970 2002; 1998 E36
    Quote Originally Posted by jafo View Post
    Installed mine today and everything is working fine. Not sure if car is faster but the intake is louder. Thanks Eric.
    my pleasure.

My Dyno HERE
    My Website:
    www.m50manifold.com
    My Email:
    info@m50manifold.com

My Cars
    '97 M3, '96 Legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by jafo View Post
    I couldn't tell at first either, but after driving it for a week or two I'm pretty sure I picked up significant power.

I was dead even with a stock Evo 8 from a 10mph to 90 roll, and .5 car behind a stock STI from a 10mph to 90 roll. Not sure if they were just bad drivers, because before I put in the M50 manifold, I was crushed by Evo's. In any case, the car rips to 7k, and lost very little down low.

Most mods I regret going, but the M50 manifold is not one of them. If anybody is on the fence with this, just do it!

My Cars
    1970 2002; 1998 E36
    I'm shipping on thursday this week so any orders not received by tomorrow will be shipped next week.

Thanks guys,

Eric

My Dyno HERE
    My Website:
    www.m50manifold.com
    My Email:
    info@m50manifold.com

My Cars
    are my life
    I'm shipping on thursday this week so any orders not received by tomorrow will be shipped next week.

Thanks guys,

Eric
    cool, i can't wait till it gets here. all the other stuff i ordered is starting to show up too. i called Active Autowerk and they can custom make my software to my exact specs and mods, but i have to send them my DME. They did say that if it shows up there by 2pm that it will ship back out that day and the $399 includes next day air shipping back to me!

Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast