Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: ***NEW*** M50 Manifold Conversion Kit - E36 M3 and 328 ***NEW***

My Cars
    are my life
    nice work man. i will be ordering my kit without manifold soon!!!

My Cars
    1970 2002; 1998 E36
    Quote Originally Posted by BoostInduced View Post
    any news on the preformed hose???? Im getting tired of waiting im thinking about just going with this now. $245 with fuel rail cover right? is that shipped?
    yes $245 is shipped with a new fuel rail cover modified for this app. (no manifold)

I'm putting my orders for next weeks build together now.

sorry about taking so long to get back to you.

Eric
    Eric Paul Eviston - 1 Piece Silicone Hose M50 Manifold Conversion Kit

******M50 Manifold Install Trouble Shooting Guide Here: www.m50manifold.com

'98 M3/4 - ECIS CAI, S50 Manifold, Conforti Software, 16" Spal Puller, UUC Pulleys, Fan Delete, UUC Stage 2 Fly w/M5 Clutch, UUC Blacks w/TMEs, X-Brace, GC RTAB shims, GC RSMs,
    M Roadster lever, 245x40x17 all 4 corners, Drilled Zimmermans, Motul RBF600 and Redline Synth fluids.
    My Dyno HERE
    My Website:
    www.m50manifold.com
    My Email:
    info@m50manifold.com

My Cars
    328i 1996
    Hey Eric, do you have a tracking number for my kit? I went to the scrapyard and got myself a manifold. It needs to be clean but that shouldn't take too long.
    '96 328i - K&N Short ram | Clutch stop | M50 manifold | Clears all around | HIDs | M-Tech bumper

My Cars
    e36 M3

Recent Mods

Eric,
    Can you post pics of the recent mods you made to your kit. I just got a manifold and am about ready to pull the trigger on the install. I was interested in the hose mods you made to decide whether to wait for the pre-formed hose or not (is the pre-formed hose even still in the works?).
    If your not cool with posting pics of your latest tricks, I can understand that.

Tim

My Cars
    1970 2002; 1998 E36
    Quote Originally Posted by TCM3 View Post
    Eric,
    Can you post pics of the recent mods you made to your kit. I just got a manifold and am about ready to pull the trigger on the install. I was interested in the hose mods you made to decide whether to wait for the pre-formed hose or not (is the pre-formed hose even still in the works?).
    If your not cool with posting pics of your latest tricks, I can understand that.

Tim
    I really haven't changed that much...just tweaked things a little so it fits better. The thing is constantly changing. I am continually rewriting parts of the instructions and changing pics too.

I am in test phase of the preformed hose. See the problem was the engineer I was working with wasn't confident the polyurethane (plastic) would stand up to the temp in the engine compartment. So now I have several pieces of his plastic hose spliced into my hose adapter on my car. its not even clamped to the elbows and it's working fine now for several weeks so far. I'm probably going to go ahead with the polyurethane preformed hose sometime in the future, but not for a while yet.

It is no secret what the kit looks like. Here is a pic of the current kit as you would receive it. (minus the zip-tie on the hose adapter)

'98 M3/4 - ECIS CAI, S50 Manifold, Conforti Software, 16" Spal Puller, UUC Pulleys, Fan Delete, UUC Stage 2 Fly w/M5 Clutch, UUC Blacks w/TMEs, X-Brace, GC RTAB shims, GC RSMs,
    M Roadster lever, 245x40x17 all 4 corners, Drilled Zimmermans, Motul RBF600 and Redline Synth fluids.
    My Dyno HERE
    My Website:
    www.m50manifold.com
    My Email:
    info@m50manifold.com

My Cars
    1970 2002; 1998 E36
    I still need a couple orders for next week. The last list holder's kit should be shipping out next week too.

Eric

My Dyno HERE
    My Website:
    www.m50manifold.com
    My Email:
    info@m50manifold.com

My Cars
    Corolla, 4Runner, F150
    ok you convinced me. is the email in your sig the paypal addy??? I want the kit with a fuel rail cover. Thats 245 right?
    DON'T BUY PWR RADIATORS

My Cars
    1970 2002; 1998 E36
    ok you convinced me. is the email in your sig the paypal addy??? I want the kit with a fuel rail cover. Thats 245 right?
    yes...245 shipped with the new modified fuel rail cover...paypal the addy in the sig. next shipping date is next wednesday probably.

is this for a FI setup? if it is we should talk about configurations.

Thanks for the interest.

Eric

My Dyno HERE
    My Website:
    www.m50manifold.com
    My Email:
    info@m50manifold.com

My Cars
    Corolla, 4Runner, F150
    No FI, im going the NA route. I have a manifold just need your kit and a stage 2 shark for my 24 lb injectors.
    DON'T BUY PWR RADIATORS

My Cars
    1970 2002; 1998 E36
    No FI, im going the NA route. I have a manifold just need your kit and a stage 2 shark for my 24 lb injectors.
    Ok. But correct me if I'm wrong, you'll need a 540, euro, or porsche air meter to go with those 24# injectors and stage 2 conforti shark. I don't think the OE meter will work with the stage 2 flash.

This is a great setup though. Prob worth 235+ to the wheels. And if you delete the asc with a samco or turbohoses boot you'll get more torque than average too.

Let me know when you're ready. I have to have orders for this next week by sunday night to get them shipped out on time.

Eric

My Dyno HERE
    My Website:
    www.m50manifold.com
    My Email:
    info@m50manifold.com

My Cars
    98 328is
    Hey Eric,

I am in! I need entire kit including modified fuel rail to ensure proper fitment.

I have one other minor question:

I am planning on running the conforti chip, m50, intake, and injectors down the line (keeping everything NA). This is my first engine mod to start my process and wanted to make sure that this would not interfere with any of my future plans.

Let me know shipped price and payment method.

Thanks!
    Last edited by afro328; 09-23-2006 at 08:12 PM.
    [B]STAGGERD CONTOURS | DEPO | PREDATOR CHROMINIUM | 6000K PROLUMEN HID | BILSTEIN SPORT | H & R RACE | M3 BUMPER | Z8 SSK | ROTORA STRUT BAR |ZIMMERMAN DRILLED | PBR CERAMIC | E.C.I.S |

My Cars
    1970 2002; 1998 E36
    Quote Originally Posted by afro328 View Post
    Hey Eric,

I am in! I need entire kit including modified fuel rail to ensure proper fitment.

I have one other minor question:

I am planning on running the conforti chip, m50, intake, and injectors down the line (keeping everything NA). This is my first engine mod to start my process and wanted to make sure that this would not interfere with any of my future plans.

Let me know shipped price and payment method.

Thanks!
    I don't sell the fuel rail. I sell the modified fuel rail cover. The fuel "rail" is not required for proper fitment.

The price with manifold and fuel rail and conversion kit is $425 shipped. And you don't need any software or injectors to make it work so your mods down the line will not be affected.

Paypal the addy in my sig and I'll get your kit out this next week.

Thanks for your interest!!

Eric

My Dyno HERE
    My Website:
    www.m50manifold.com
    My Email:
    info@m50manifold.com

My Cars
    are my life
    Quote Originally Posted by E36M3E View Post
    ...And you don't need any software or injectors to make it work so your mods down the line will not be affected.
    Eric
    looks like i got the $ for my kit. but i got a couple questions 1st.

i plan on doing headers and full exhaust shorty after the manifold swap...
    what or who do recommend for software to match these mods; AA, Conforti, Stickley...?

also, i keep hearing that running the 3.5" HFM with this setup on the OBDII engines doesn't make any difference? any input

thanks

My Cars
    1970 2002; 1998 E36
    Quote Originally Posted by BrodsterM3 View Post
    looks like i got the $ for my kit. but i got a couple questions 1st.

i plan on doing headers and full exhaust shorty after the manifold swap...
    what or who do recommend for software to match these mods; AA, Conforti, Stickley...?

also, i keep hearing that running the 3.5" HFM with this setup on the OBDII engines doesn't make any difference? any input

thanks
    The main reason the 3.5" air meter doesn't work well on the OBDII cars is because of the retrictive intake manifold. It just doesn't make use of the higher flow rate of the air meter. When you put on the hgiher flow OBDI intake manifold the engine should respond just as well as the OBDI cars do to the higher flowing meters and intake tracts.

I think that AA prob has the best dollar value on software programs and the widest variety too. But the conforti is more convenient via the shark. As opposed to shipping your ECU in for reprogramming.

Any other questions can be addressed to my email for a quicker response.

Thanks for your interest!

Eric

My Dyno HERE
    My Website:
    www.m50manifold.com
    My Email:
    info@m50manifold.com

My Cars
    Corolla, 4Runner, F150
    Paypal sent!! I cant wait!! I know I need a 3.5 HFM its coming from a 540. But im not doing an ASC delete. I never really understood why people did that. Does it really give you a noticeable amount of torque? What if I go with a smoother flowing boot, and just modfiy it to fit the ASC in?
    DON'T BUY PWR RADIATORS

My Cars
    1970 2002; 1998 E36
    Paypal sent!! I cant wait!! I know I need a 3.5 HFM its coming from a 540. But im not doing an ASC delete. I never really understood why people did that. Does it really give you a noticeable amount of torque? What if I go with a smoother flowing boot, and just modfiy it to fit the ASC in?
    I got your payment. Thanks. It'll go out this wednesday prob.

If you're looking to squeeze every last drop of HP/TQ out of the 3.5" intake path you need to get rid of the ASC.

Try this: take out your airbox and meter but leave the intake boot attached to the ASC TB. Now get down and look thru the boot up the intake path. You'll see how much in the way of the flow the ASC TB butterfly plate is. It looks to me like it would cause at least a 20-30 percent shadow or pocket behind and to the right of the plate.

Eric

My Dyno HERE
    My Website:
    www.m50manifold.com
    My Email:
    info@m50manifold.com

My Cars
    328i 1996
    If you're looking to squeeze every last drop of HP/TQ out of the 3.5" intake path you need to get rid of the ASC.

Try this: take out your airbox and meter but leave the intake boot attached to the ASC TB. Now get down and look thru the boot up the intake path. You'll see how much in the way of the flow the ASC TB butterfly plate is. It looks to me like it would cause at least a 20-30 percent shadow or pocket behind and to the right of the plate.

Eric
    If you do that, will you always run with the ASC off ? No more traction control ? And is the 3.5" MAF really worth it ?
    '96 328i - K&N Short ram | Clutch stop | M50 manifold | Clears all around | HIDs | M-Tech bumper

My Cars
    1970 2002; 1998 E36
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth13 View Post
    If you do that, will you always run with the ASC off ? No more traction control ? And is the 3.5" MAF really worth it ?
    if you get rid of your ASC yes it will be off all the time. if you remove the butterfly plate yes it will be essentially off all the time.

with the M50 manifold yes the 3.5" MAF is worth it. but to make full use of it you need the entire intake path to be 3.5" and you need the 24# injectors and of course new software to operate it all correctly.

did you get your kit yet???

Eric

My Dyno HERE
    My Website:
    www.m50manifold.com
    My Email:
    info@m50manifold.com

My Cars
    2000 M Roadster
    payment sent

My Cars
    1970 2002; 1998 E36
    Quote Originally Posted by zeromagnus View Post
    payment sent
    got it thanks...it'll go out wednesday with the others.

Eric

My Dyno HERE
    My Website:
    www.m50manifold.com
    My Email:
    info@m50manifold.com

My Cars
    328i 1996
    if you get rid of your ASC yes it will be off all the time. if you remove the butterfly plate yes it will be essentially off all the time.

with the M50 manifold yes the 3.5" MAF is worth it. but to make full use of it you need the entire intake path to be 3.5" and you need the 24# injectors and of course new software to operate it all correctly.

did you get your kit yet???

Eric
    How much is the JC software for the 24# injectors? If thought they were 2 programs done by JC: without cams and with cams.

About my kit... I called Canada post and ask about my package using the USPS tracking number. They said that the package will keep the same tracking number even in Canada. They have no records of the package since it went to the customs. The customs should have it.

I called the customs (what a bunch of nice guys). They don't keep track of packages. They said to call Canada post That they should have it.

I'm starting to worry a bit now.

My Cars
    Corolla, 4Runner, F150
    Dang I was looking at the prices for the custom CJ shark injector... $469 at turner motorsports. aanyone know where we can get it cheaper? By this I dont mean the regulaer $369 Software, there is custom tuned software for things such as the 3.5" HFM, headers, cams, EWS delete whatever the hell that is, and someother things I forget right now.
    DON'T BUY PWR RADIATORS

My Cars
    1970 2002; 1998 E36
    Dang I was looking at the prices for the custom CJ shark injector... $469 at turner motorsports. aanyone know where we can get it cheaper? By this I dont mean the regulaer $369 Software, there is custom tuned software for things such as the 3.5" HFM, headers, cams, EWS delete whatever the hell that is, and someother things I forget right now.
    if you bought an original conforti shark from TMS they'll give you trade in value on it. 100+$ I think.

AA prob has the best value but I think the conforti software is better.

Eric

My Dyno HERE
    My Website:
    www.m50manifold.com
    My Email:
    info@m50manifold.com

My Cars
    1970 2002; 1998 E36
    Proof is in the pudding baby.

I finally got my car dynoed today. All my mods are listed in the sig...the only one that isn't is the ASC throttle butterfly plate removal.

I think an average of 233HP and 224TQ at 90 frigging degrees is not too bad for some bolt on parts!!.

The AFRs are screwed because it was a honda shop that couldn't tap my O2 sensors and had to use the sniffer.

Go manifold kit!!

My Dyno HERE
    My Website:
    www.m50manifold.com
    My Email:
    info@m50manifold.com

My Cars
    are my life
    good numbers man!
    that's f*ckin awesome. i cant wait!

Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast