Thread: Z3 Center Air Vents

My Cars
    '01 Z3 Coupe, '03 Pathfinder

Z3 Center Air Vents

Looking to remove them and found these instructions but they don't seem to apply all too well:

Use caution, as the clips are fragile. To do this, carefully insert the flat head screwdriver between the top of vents and the dash. It may be necessary to pry out the vents from the bottom, between the vents and the radio. Be sure to protect the wood trim with cardboard or shop towel. Once the clips are loose, grasp the vents and pull out of its cavity.

Anyone know how to remove them? :

My Cars
    1997 Z3 1.9L DASC; 2003 Mitsubishi Evolution 8
    Mine just popped out by themselves on day?? From what I remember the air vent has a top and bottom clip. Try the screw driver instruction from the (top) and push the air vent down as you pry from the top. This should loosen it... Good luck (there's always crazy glue if you F up). BTW why are you removing them?
    1997 Z3 1.9L - Downing Atlanta Super Charger,Rspeed Check Valve,VDO Boost Gague,Custom Panel,NGK Plugs,SS CatBack Exhaust,Dinan CAI,Ron Stygar Short Shifter,Ron Stygar Clutch Stop,Alpine CD Tuner,MBQ 5.25" Drivers
    2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII - 6.5 RS TME conversion

My Cars
    Skin Mechanic would know... where is Joe these days...?

My Cars
    '01 Z3 Coupe, '03 Pathfinder
    Much to my surprise, with a little pursuading they came right out. In my 328i I fabricated a cellphone mount based on the panavise.com site. Theirs was too expensive so with a little patience and a piece of plastic coated sheetmetal I made my own. Time to do it now for the Z. This is what panavise's looks like. Figure it can be done better, click here .

Will try to take pics while I am doing it. Now to find the Ron Stygar link on how to remove the aluminum center trim...

My Cars
    Nice, Joe, thanks for the update...