Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: E90 330i Vs. E36 M3

My Cars
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by jrhaile
    ^ I got plenty of bandwidth.. thanks though

I have it all downloaded onto my computer right now, but it's over 5gb total, so I gotta find the good clips...
    I got around 19gigs free and over 1TB/mo. to burn if you wanna get creative =D

My Cars
    08 m3, 95 m3, 76 02
    thought i would add a little bit, my mom actually just bought an e90 330i. I've driven it around alot, hers is automatic, but i mostly drive it on manual mode. It doesn't feel like my e36 m3 does. I don't get the feeling of being pushed into my seat like my M does, although it accelerates very quickly and very smoothly. I agree with the other person who said it would be a good run.

My Cars
    E39 M5
    Small/Short video because honestly, they couldn't get in a good run due to traffic...right click and save as http://nwbmwclub.com/videos/mitchell_vs_aj_final.wmv

Oh and that's Mitchell talking in the beginning and end

my notes: Basically a wash, but AJ's 330i was going to pull top end though, no doubt. If they had gone from a 1st gear roll/dig, Mitchell by less then a lenght up to ~120mph or so imo.

My Cars
    2009 535i
    Yah he pulled
    2009 535i
    *Stock
    *14.01 @ 103.1

My Cars
    99M3, 07335i
    Good run. Wish there was more video to see (or more description to read). Any way, the e36 M3 is carrying an extra passenger (the camera man), so it does have a slight disadvantage. Also, did Mitchell not roll up his windows? I noticed the e90 did as the speeds increased (smart thing to do).

My Cars
    Cosmos 740iL Sport
    My sunroof was down. AC was on though since I have the messed up control unit.

Oh well, no excuses, maybe I'll have him another day. But he got round 1. =)

My Cars
    E90 330i/6, '30 ford cou
    It was a blast. I was also carrying a passanger in the back seat. My daughter didn't want to sit in the front. 100lbs. Weight wise we were very even. He was probably 150lbs lighter. All creature features were running auto.

As far as running from a dig. It will be whomever has the better launch. Cars are even.

Mitch did want to buy me lunch as that was the bet. I didn't take it as we already ate. Props.

So you all know that there is no Hype. E90 330i is a nice refined fast car.

My Cars
    323i sold, Yamaha FZ6
    Are the U.S spec M3's a lot slower than Euro spec?, as I know for a fact that my friends UK E36 M3 EVO can kill a E90 330i with no problem at all, his brother has one and it's not even close to the M3's punch.

My Cars
    E39 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by samg
    Are the U.S spec M3's a lot slower than Euro spec?, as I know for a fact that my friends UK E36 M3 EVO can kill a E90 330i with no problem at all, his brother has one and it's not even close to the M3's punch.
    Yes, they are. 321BHP for hte 3.2 and 287BHP for the 3.0 M3 in Europe. USA gets shafted because of the hippy liberals

My Cars
    Cosmos 740iL Sport
    Yes, they are. 321BHP for hte 3.2 and 287BHP for the 3.0 M3 in Europe. USA gets shafted because of the hippy liberals
    Which is why I piss off the hippy liberals every time I go to Vashon Island. If I ever get a few billion dollars, I'm starting my own Wal-Mart chain there just because I can.

My Cars
    E39 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchelrl
    Which is why I piss off the hippy liberals every time I go to Vashon Island. If I ever get a few billion dollars, I'm starting my own Wal-Mart chain there just because I can.

My Cars
    E90 330i/6, '30 ford cou

YEA! As Cartman would say. Hippies Suck!!

My Cars
    323i sold, Yamaha FZ6
    hehe jesus!! that sucks!! so how much less powered is the M3 then?? that may explain why when reading a lot of posts, people are like M3's are not that quick, and I sit here thinking?? "huh, in uk they are regarded as very rapid". Is it easy for you lot to change something on the engines though to get that 321 bhp as on the evos?

I feel sorry for you thats like saying, you can have a double ice cream cone, but only one scoop of ice cream.

Off subject is it hot everywhere today!! I'm roasting in the office!! Need some breeze!

My Cars
    E39 M5
    US E36 M3s are 240hp...

My Cars
    Cosmos 740iL Sport
    We complain about lack of power. Try maintaining the euro engines. lol. US S52's are bulletproof.

My Cars
    E39 M5
    We complain about lack of power. Try maintaining the euro engines. lol. US S52's are bulletproof.
    I'd rather spend more in maintenance to have 80 more HP in N/A form. We do it with F/I.

My Cars
    323i sold, Yamaha FZ6
    I agree I'd rather spend more on maintenance too, I can't beleive you only get 240 bhp!! That's so unfair dudes! SO can you import euro ones?

My Cars
    None
    Small/Short video because honestly, they couldn't get in a good run due to traffic...right click and save as http://nwbmwclub.com/videos/mitchell_vs_aj_final.wmv

Oh and that's Mitchell talking in the beginning and end
    Get the rest of the video with the bikes!

My Cars
    E39 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by DakarE36
    Get the rest of the video with the bikes!
    What video?

I'll edit those here soon too...

My Cars
    E90 330i/6, '30 ford cou
    What video?

I'll edit those here soon too...
    Good, I want to see those also.
    thanx

My Cars
    Cosmos 740iL Sport
    I like having a good solid car...

My Cars
    E90 330i/6, '30 ford cou
    I will have to agree. It is better to be able to go out and play every day.
    Why would you buy something that you have to work on all the time and say to your friends, "I wish I could but my car is dead now, Maybe next week."
    Kinda like owning a Harley, work on it all week to ride it Sunday.

My Cars
    E39 M5
    You just like things good and solid

My Cars
    98 M3/4, 08 GL450, 04 E320
    Don't see that often, that's for sure. Everyone who buys them are usually "older" and don't even know where the powerband is I'm very interested in the E90 though and it's power. I'm going to need a new DD in the coming year so this was one of the cars that was on my list. If it's able to stick with, or even beat an E36 M3, then that's pretty impressive I must say.

Imo, unless the race reaches HIGH speeds, as you and I have talked about before, I don't think your car will win against the M3. Gearing will be your worst nightmare in a race to or around 120mph or so. Plus, when there is food involved this usually brings out the best in people like Mitchell and I

Edit: I figured out a way to disable my speed govenor in my car btw. I was able to rev 4th gear all the way out which should have put me at about 140mph or so. Only problem with how I did it, I can't tell how fast I'm going
    I must say you hit the bullseye. Your prediction was very accurate, including the "speed" at which the outcome may turn around.

I must say though that both e36M3 and e90 330i owners should now know what they are dealing with when racing each other. The e36M3 should edge out the e90 in a 1/4 drag race (which probably goes to about 100mph), or most straight line races not involving insane speeds, while the e90 330i will beat the e36M3 in high speed runs (above 120mph) in places like the autobahn.

Let's see more video.

My Cars
    E39 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal
    I must say you hit the bullseye. Your prediction was very accurate, including the "speed" at which the outcome may turn around.

I must say though that both e36M3 and e90 330i owners should now know what they are dealing with when racing each other. The e36M3 should edge out the e90 in a 1/4 drag race (which probably goes to about 100mph), or most straight line races not involving insane speeds, while the e90 330i will beat the e36M3 in high speed runs (above 120mph) in places like the autobahn.

Let's see more video.
    Funny, that is exactly the speed where AJ over took Mitchell

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast