Thread: Does heated seats = heated mirrors?

My Cars
    1997 M3 Sedan

Question

I bought my car used, and it has heated seats. However, the mirrors stay fogged up for a long time even when I turn on the seat heaters. Did all cars with heated seats come with heated mirrors too? My 1995 325 had heated mirrors and seats, and it was nice to have. I'm wondering if it needs service?
    97 Estoril/Black M3/4/5

"Although we've experienced an M3 sedan with an automatic, our test car came fitted as God intended, with a 5-speed manual ..."
    Road & Track May 1997, testing the M3 Sedan

yep,, heated seats does mean heated mirrors...
    something's wrong. my heated stuff comes in real handy down here in florida....LOL
    Tommy aka TampaTurboM3
    95 AA turbo M3
    11.679 @ 118.79 1/4 mile 11/20/2004
    Daily Driven, Stock Looking

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition

Angry

When I got my car... my heated mirrors didn't work. So I took it to the dealer. Said they found an open circuit in both mirrors and they replaced them.

Ok... 3-4 months later... now my mirrors are always freakin' HOT! So I'm guessing the heated mirrors are stuck in the ON position. I'll be going back to the dealer soon. I'm probably going to time it so I can get a rent a truck to help my friend move at the same time.
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

Heated mirrors

Heated mirrors on all E36 M3's. Tied in w/ rear window defroster circuit not the heated seats!

that's true,, but i thought i heard that the heated mirrors were part of the option of heated seats...
    can't recall where i heard it,,, oh well
    Tommy aka TampaTurboM3
    95 AA turbo M3
    11.679 @ 118.79 1/4 mile 11/20/2004
    Daily Driven, Stock Looking

My Cars
    M3R6
    I have heated seats and that does make sense that the heated seats was an option WITH the heated mirrors....My side mirrors ARE ALWAYS on though....nothing is wrong with that right?!?!?!? I mean it's not like burning hot or anything....just hot enough so it could defrost the mirror if it gets fog (but it never does).

Another question:
    My passenger side seats are working fine....but my driver side heated seats are weird....sometimes they work sometimes they don't. And when they do work....it doesn't heat the whole seat like what it use to....anyone got any ideas?!?!?

Thanks!
    Alan Nguyen
    1995 BMW ///M3 - current
    2001 Yamaha R6 CLE #74 - Wrecked due to CAGERS!
    1993 Honda CBR F2 600 - Project bike - SOLD!
    2004 - Honda CBR 1000rr - current