Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: New head unit how to keep stock speakers?

My Cars
    E38('96), S80('01), WJ('99)

New head unit how to keep stock speakers?

In the middle of upgrading my 740il '96 with a new mp3 HU and sub. Questions?

Where is the antenna? I've ordered an adaptor, but i'm wondering if it works with aftermarket stereo's. i read an article that said that the stock stereo sends a signal and the antenna adjusts?

how do i get the MID to work w/o the stock stereo? after the stock radio is unplugged, the MID only dispalys the time/date. I want the MPG and other stuff in the 'bc' (side note, what does the bc mean?) I'm contimplating putting it in the glovebox (lame) and running the original wires.

Is is possible to mount the factory HU in the trunk? can i splice the odd coxial style wire and run it to the trunk? this would make the MID work again.

has anyone replaced the factory HU on a 740? dude i have really searched around and i have seen 1 picture on cardomain with no details on the installation.

E38 wire diagram for the amp?? i want to run the new HU through the existing door speakers and wires. this way i dont have to tear the doors apart, tearing the dash and center console apart already was painful and i'm worried about rattles later on. I have a good idea which wires go to the speakers, but i've only found a E39 wiring diagram for the amp, but i can see it is different.

how can i figure out which wires go to the door speakers? and polarity? w/o wiring diagram this will be difficult.

if you have installed a new HU in a E38 please send pics!

Thanks!

My Cars
    E90, E36, F10, E38, E23,
    rear windsheild, adapter is fine

the slim part of the radio (volume knob) should remain, that has all the bc, only the tape deck part should go BC is On Board Computer / Body Computer

yes, but why, don't remove the slim one.

yes

get the 92-2002 wiring harness, match the wires, and it all mates up, no biggie

you can't bypass the amp, do run through it. the new head can't handle your stock speakers without the amp being in between them

different wiring for different options, do you have DSP?

Pics of what? it's a very very very simple process
    -