Thread: Need advice on 328iS exhaust upgrade

My Cars
    on Daly's a tool

Need advice on 328iS exhaust upgrade

I've decided to put the money I was gonna use on a UUC cat-back towards an M3 LSD. But I can't stand the stock exhaust tips/quietness/possible performance restriction.

So, should I buy a used M3 exhaust (how much power will be gained?) or should I 1/2-ass it and get just a new muffler & tips?

Thanks for any help !
    '98 328is w/3.23 LSD and more - sold

'03 S2000
    '95 Previa LE SC (mid-engine, RWD, dual sunroofs, boost)

FWDFTL

My Cars
    not an e30
    I bought a low mileage M3 exhuast acouple weeks ago for my 96 328i, I like the power increase, and there is alittle more sound. I would recommend it.

My Cars
    1996 328i
    dido...I have the same car and the same things to say as KOTULCN....i was surprised with the power increase...just enough to be able to catch the wheels in second almost all the time...and the sound is awsome...just enough
    Josh

My Cars
    02 600F4i, Volvo 850R
    The ///M exhaust is the best, cost effective way to go at the very minimum. A new muffler will just make it sound like a Honda. You should be able to get an M3 exhaust anywhere from $110-$150. Cheap torque and a few horsies to boot!!!

Regards
    Boz
    Formerly a 96 328i
    Looking for a 98 M3

"Kids...a car is not a toy!"

My Cars
    -
    Don't get me wrong you will hear and feal a diffrence but you are using a stock exhaust and thus you will sound stock. Don't expect people to say "Damn that sounds badass". I did the m3 exhaust and thought it was the best hp:$ ratio ive done. You can get a 3 series SS exhaust for $550 shipped if you want and get hp and sound.
    -Dan | '99 911 C2 | '02 M3 | '91 318i

My Cars
    Not a BMW
    If you go on the UUC site, there is one used UUC exhaust on sale. I would go look at that if I were you.
    The ///M3 exhaust is nice, but it weighs a ton, I had it before and I got rid of it, then I went to SS which is nice also then I jump ship to UUC, for which I am happy now.
    With exhaust, go with aftermarket than the M3 exhaust, for one you save half the weight and two, you get teh sound you want. The tips also stick a little too far for my taste on the regular 3 series from the m3 exhaust.
    Clear Corners and Tires are not considered a modification.

My Cars
    1999 M3 Coupe 5spd
    i would go with SS
    Alpine White 1999 M3 5spd Xbrace

2006 Acura TL 6spd SOLD

2000 323i 5spd w/ sport package SOLD BBS RK 17X8 - kumho ecsta MX 225/45/17 - Shark injector - UUC SSK with DSSR

Hellrot Red 1997 328is 5spd w/ sport package SOLD Dinan Cold Air Intake - Dinan Stage II Software - BB TriFlo exhaust - Eibach Pro Kit - Koni Shocks - UUC tranny mounts - 3.15LSD - UUC clutch stop- UUC 8.5 lbs stage II flywheel - e34 M5 clutch - fan delete - asc delete

My Cars
    1994 325I - 5-speed

Here...

There is a group buy for SS @ $500 shipped. Check in Group Purchases forum. I'm planning to get one too.

SS Group Buy

My Cars
    just an old 328
    Ive had the M3 exhaust on a long time ago.. its really not worth it IMO unless ur broke. not much more sound, heavy as all hell.. looks pregnant, lose some low end tq and nothing much of a performance gain. I couldnt wait to get it off my car.. if u want a quiet/cheap exhaust.. get a SS. If u want a louder mean ass deep exhaust.. get a UUC or triflo.
    06' BMW 530xi
    02' Porsche 911 Carrera
    11' BMW X3

My Cars
    BMWs galore
    Stylin' --- Do you have a UUC System U on your 328???

Can you wax lyrical about what it's like?! I want to hear from someone who has one

I have a System U comin' for my 328 --- looking forward to getting it --- I hope it sounds hot

Thanks,
    -AJ

My Cars
    just an old 328
    yes I have a UUC system U now on my car and it sounds deep and MEAN! I do like the sound of the exhaust but it is a loud in case u were wondering. But its what I wanted to fit the car now.

Ive had the M3, Supersprint, RE, and now the UUC exhausts on my car.
    06' BMW 530xi
    02' Porsche 911 Carrera
    11' BMW X3

My Cars
    BMWs galore
    Thanks for the reply -- I heard a sound clip somewhere, and it sounded like a rip-roaring snorting animal-beast of an exhaust --- just what I wanted

Does it do much for performance? I realize your car is SCed --- so you probably couldn't tell vs. stock.....

-AJ