Thread: HELP!!! Just went to back my car outta the garage and there is a puddle of oil !!!

My Cars
    '11 335d & '08 E93 M3

HELP!!! Just went to back my car outta the garage and there is a puddle of oil !!!

I just got a USED set of PSS9's from a memeber ofe46fanatics named DREW. The setup looked like it was in HORRBILE condidiont but I was reassured that everything was in perfect working order.

Got them installed yesteday afternoon. Just got back in from going to wash my car and there is a small puddle of OIL that is ORAGEISH/PINK when I put ut ion a paper tower! It is coming from the Left front wheel area!!!!!

Is there anyway that this is not a leaking front PSS9???? I need to know if anyonw can provide a resolution for this. I cannot be without my car and I am outta $$$ to have to BS around with reinstalling this crap after sendignit back to BILSTEIN!!!!

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!! I reparked my car after driving around for 10 min to see if it will leak again!!!!!

Please post any help!!!!!

My Ride History
    1999 328is Lease Return :-)
    2002 325ci AA Supercharged SOLD
    2003 330i ZHP SOLD
    1997 M3 Sedan SOLD
    2006 Misubishi Lancer Evolution IX SE SOLD
    2011 128i MSport (Onesie!) TOTALED after 1k miles
    2008 VW R32 TRADED-IN

Wifeys Ride History
    2001 VW New Beetle GLS Turbo [1.8t - 5 speed - BBS RXII's] SOLD
    2007 VW GTI [DSG] - SOLD
    2009 VW Tiguan S - "Babymobile" SOLD

My Cars
    96 318ti M Technic
    Its gota be the oil in the strut. You shold just put the stockones in yourself. Does it make any funny noises?
    M COUPE - Coming Soon

My Cars
    Toyota Broquoia
    Check the little rubber boot on the axle too, it might be ruptured. I agree with mini tho, it's gotta be oil from the strut.

If it's reddish, it could also be power steering fluid - you might have a leaky power steering hose. Anyway, there's no way to diagnose this remotely - jack up the car, pull the front wheel, and see if you can spot where it's coming from.

Jim

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Something is wrong with one of the shocks... possibly one of the seals is busted/blown. How does the car feel when you drive it or push up and down on the side where you found the fluid?

Bilstein I believe has a decent warranty on their shock/spring combos. You may want to try contacting one of the local places here and see if they will work a deal with Bilstein corporate... maybe you can get a quick local swap or something.

It's gotta be fluid from the shock... no other part of a coilover system has fluid...
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    '11 335d & '08 E93 M3
    The seller is trying to help me resolve this. We will see what happens.

Thanks for the info.:
    Current Rides:
    2011 335d MSport
    2008 M3 Vert

My Ride History
    1999 328is Lease Return :-)
    2002 325ci AA Supercharged SOLD
    2003 330i ZHP SOLD
    1997 M3 Sedan SOLD
    2006 Misubishi Lancer Evolution IX SE SOLD
    2011 128i MSport (Onesie!) TOTALED after 1k miles
    2008 VW R32 TRADED-IN

Wifeys Ride History
    2001 VW New Beetle GLS Turbo [1.8t - 5 speed - BBS RXII's] SOLD
    2007 VW GTI [DSG] - SOLD
    2009 VW Tiguan S - "Babymobile" SOLD

My Cars
    Lots
    Bilstein is getting finicky on their warranty without the origianla receipt.

I thought *I* was gong to have to have a cow to get mine for nothing in exchange. Finally did it but hey insisted that the shock was good. I insisted that it was bad. Supposedly they took it back on their shock machine to test it. I got one from them in exchange anyway and the strut was bad, as I knew anyway. Scary I know more than the people at Bilstein... Ask AgileM3, I have a witness.

Anyway, to make this even longer than it should be, make sure you get the seller to send the shock in with his receipt. They won't do jack for you.

My Cars
    Toyota Broquoia
    Hope everything works out ok

edit: bah... grammar