Thread: i think i have a duck in my clutch

My Cars
    97 silver 328is

i think i have a duck in my clutch

i'm hearing quacks. seriously, when i start up in the mornings, the clutch makes a sorta quacking noise like a duck. i can't seem to describe the sound in any other way.
    is this a sign that the clutch is on it's way to the clutch graveyard or is it because it's colder now in the mornings.
    thanks
    "The koalas are so hungry they are eating pine needles," "What will tourists think of a habitat of denuded trees with desperate, starving koalas roaming the damaged landscape?"

When does it quack?
    When you push the pedal in? Let it out? Or both?
    Does it make noise if you operate it with the tranny in neutral?
    Daily Driver 1985 325e Coupe
    113K Miles and 17 Years new

My Other Ride is a PowerSTROKE... The end of a Heartbeat!

My Cars
    1995 540i, 2007 VW EOS, 2008 Acura MDX
    Man, I got the same thing! Mine happens when I depress the clutch pedal in the morning (first thing). It sorta goes away after a few minutes and a few gear changes.
    I'm thinking I may have some air trapped in the slave cylinder, ... just haven't taken the time to bleed it yet.

Any other causes?
    The only thing new in the world, is the history that you don't know - Harry S. Truman

My Cars
    97 silver 328is
    when i push the clutch in and take it out, that's when it quacks. it does make the noise regardless of what gears i'm in or nuetral for that matter.
    like myred318i said, it goes away after she's a bit warmed up.
    "The koalas are so hungry they are eating pine needles," "What will tourists think of a habitat of denuded trees with desperate, starving koalas roaming the damaged landscape?"

My Cars
    1995 540i, 2007 VW EOS, 2008 Acura MDX
    I bled the slave cylinder this afternoon, only took a couple of minutes to do, and I think it's cured. I'll let you know if it returns... but I 'd bet that's your problem!
    The only thing new in the world, is the history that you don't know - Harry S. Truman

My Cars
    97 silver 328is
    very cool, can u email me on how you bled the cylinder or u can post it here obviously.
    thanks.

My Cars
    1988 M3
    I wrote a reply about how to bleed the brakes here: http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...507#post474507

If I were you, I would do the brakes and the slave cylinder. You are supposed to bleed the brakes every other year.
    Bryan K.
    1988 ///M3
    1997 E36 ///M3 Project
    Texas A&M Formula SAE