Thread: This bug is biting me, and I want to buy one...

My Cars
    2001 330i Sport

This bug is killing me, and I want to buy one...

OK, so after buying my first BMW (94 E32), the bug has not just bitten me, but has taken a huge chomp, and is not letting go. The E36 M3 has always been one of my favorites because of it's looks. I am pretty sure I have read up and down the "what to know and look for" threads, and thats all fine and dandy. However, I am interested in what they cost. The average seems to be around 6K for an older, not-so-good-shape one and all the way to 20K for an emmaculate late model.

Again, I could care less about motor capabilities, the steering wheel style and blah blah blah, I like this car simply for it's looks and exterior styling. Other than that, I am looking for ease of maintenance work. My 7 at first seemed pretty intimidating, and still is, but not as much. I am a pretty skilled mechanic, but still like stuff to be easy. I am also interested in an easy ride. Again, since I am not too concerned with the "modability", I could care less if it flies off the line. I just want something that is fun to drive while still being a smooth driving vehicle.

Am I way off on the price range? What I really want is a good average price for one that is in good shape, and not modded by someone else. Any info is greatly appreciated. And feel free to call me an idiot and point me to another thread I may have missed that already has all of this laid out, and would infuriate me for wasting the time it took to post this.

My Cars
    '72 Triumph TR6
    Do a search. Seriously, there are probably 50 threads on the stuff you're asking.

MODS:
    Rebuilt Stock 2.5L I6
    Bored .030 over
    Moss Pistons
    Twin Weber DGV Carbs
    Pacesetter Header
    Quad-Tip Pacesetter Monza Exhaust
    Borg & Beck Clutch Kit