Thread: tv tuner and model question

tv tuner and model question

hi everyone, i used to be a member here, until i went over to dtmpower for a little. then i forgot about this site lol. anyway, i JUST found out that you can get a tv tuner from the factory. and i was like even though i bought the car used last december, i WANT IT!!!! i already have the nav. system, so if anyone has any prices on how much it would be to get this tv tuner in, please let me know. or if getting like, an alpine tuner would be cheaper. thanks!
    another little question, is my 2000 an e38?? (nice being back again btw, this sites the best )
    2000 740iL - Every Option Including 18' M Parallel's
    1999 Altima SE-L - Clear Corners, Clear/Red Tails, Tokico Shocks & Struts, H&R Springs 1.3in Rear and 1.5in Front, 17' Nippon Evoluziones
    1998 Camry XLE V6 - Clear Corners, PIAA Headlights And Corners
    1995 M3 - Racing Dynamics Lowering Springs, Nakamichi Headunit, 6 Nakamichi Speakers, MTX Amp, Infiniti Basslink
    1990 Accord - KYB Shocks & Struts, Sprint Springs 1.5in Drop, Sony Xplod Headunit

My Cars
    2000 BMW 740iL
    First off, welcome back but if you ever leave again... it's not gonna be pretty... : j/k

Now for your questions, yes, your 2000 7-series is an E38.

The TV-module option through the Nav was discountinued around 1997 or so for North American cars, long before our model year, so it's not something the dealer can install or turn-on in our cars now. If you want TV through the built-in screen, you will have to check out a place like *Nav-TV*. They make a unit that integrates fully with the factory system for around $1100.

I went with a seperate tuner and Clarion 7" widescreen display system on gooseneck mount instead of the Nav-TV unit because I wanted the option of using my Nav for maps while my passenger watch videos.

Good luck.
    ACS Front Spoiler | Bavarian Autosport Strut Bar | Bilstein HD Struts | Dinan Cold Air Intake | Dinan Stage II Software
    Eisenmann High Performance Exhaust | H&R Stage II Sport Springs | Mobile Video & Bass Upgrades.

My Cars
    1995 325is
    i'd like to see a picture of that, it must look like knight rider in there
    Level One BMW Master Tech - Chicago Illinois. (actual dealer not shown for my own protection.)

Originally posted by mdabney

I went with a seperate tuner and Clarion 7" widescreen display system on gooseneck mount instead of the Nav-TV unit because I wanted the option of using my Nav for maps while my passenger watch videos.

Good luck.
    thats a gooooood idea....i might have to borrow that one from you hehe. ill check out that site though, and some local audio shops around here too
    2000 740iL - Every Option Including 18' M Parallel's
    1999 Altima SE-L - Clear Corners, Clear/Red Tails, Tokico Shocks & Struts, H&R Springs 1.3in Rear and 1.5in Front, 17' Nippon Evoluziones
    1998 Camry XLE V6 - Clear Corners, PIAA Headlights And Corners
    1995 M3 - Racing Dynamics Lowering Springs, Nakamichi Headunit, 6 Nakamichi Speakers, MTX Amp, Infiniti Basslink
    1990 Accord - KYB Shocks & Struts, Sprint Springs 1.5in Drop, Sony Xplod Headunit

My Cars
    2000 BMW 740iL
    Originally posted by Vegadark
    i'd like to see a picture of that, it must look like knight rider in there
    Vega, my friend... check out the link in my sig, for more than you ever wanted to know... :
    ACS Front Spoiler | Bavarian Autosport Strut Bar | Bilstein HD Struts | Dinan Cold Air Intake | Dinan Stage II Software
    Eisenmann High Performance Exhaust | H&R Stage II Sport Springs | Mobile Video & Bass Upgrades.