Autogeek.net Car Care Products
** 10% off @ Autogeek.net - PinnacleWax.com & Wolfgangcarcare.com - Coupon Code = clubmember

Thread: Best wheel cleaner?

My Cars
    2000 M Coupe - 2014 435i

Best wheel cleaner?

I've got some grease on one of my wheels and I was wondering what was good to get that sort of stuff out. The damn mechanics put too much grease on the wheel bearing when they replaced it I guess and it got all over the place after I drove the car home.
    Thanks in advance.
    -Joe

The Meguiars wheel cleaner works pretty well, but you don't want to leave that stuff on for too long.
    1999 M3
    Estoril/Dove

My Cars
    2000 M Coupe - 2014 435i
    Ok, thanks, I'll try that stuff.
    -Joe

i just posted a thread on this stuff i picked up. its by eagle one, in a small silver tin can. and it looks like a big cotton wad. it works REALLY good
    2000 740iL - Every Option Including 18' M Parallel's
    1999 Altima SE-L - Clear Corners, Clear/Red Tails, Tokico Shocks & Struts, H&R Springs 1.3in Rear and 1.5in Front, 17' Nippon Evoluziones
    1998 Camry XLE V6 - Clear Corners, PIAA Headlights And Corners
    1995 M3 - Racing Dynamics Lowering Springs, Nakamichi Headunit, 6 Nakamichi Speakers, MTX Amp, Infiniti Basslink
    1990 Accord - KYB Shocks & Struts, Sprint Springs 1.5in Drop, Sony Xplod Headunit

My Cars
    BMW 540i
    Originally posted by 00-7 series
    i just posted a thread on this stuff i picked up. its by eagle one, in a small silver tin can. and it looks like a big cotton wad. it works REALLY good
    That's stainless/chrome cleaner isn't it? I just got some for my exhaust. I don't think you want to use it for brake dust.
    But Eagle One wheel cleaner is pretty good on brake dust.
    Blue 2002 540i/6
    Former Arctic Silver 1998 M3 Track Car
    Shopping for new track car!

yeah, but you can use it on just about anything thats metal. it takes off rust too, but only if its a little bit of it.
    2000 740iL - Every Option Including 18' M Parallel's
    1999 Altima SE-L - Clear Corners, Clear/Red Tails, Tokico Shocks & Struts, H&R Springs 1.3in Rear and 1.5in Front, 17' Nippon Evoluziones
    1998 Camry XLE V6 - Clear Corners, PIAA Headlights And Corners
    1995 M3 - Racing Dynamics Lowering Springs, Nakamichi Headunit, 6 Nakamichi Speakers, MTX Amp, Infiniti Basslink
    1990 Accord - KYB Shocks & Struts, Sprint Springs 1.5in Drop, Sony Xplod Headunit

My Cars
    No more BMWs :(
    P21S has been by far the best and safest that I have tried, but its hard to find and as expensive as hell. The BMW cleaner is good also but you can tell it is acidic when you catch a whiff of it, so be careful with it.
    997 Carrera 2S..the choice of 2 out of 3 Top Gear presenters.

My Cars
    2.8, 3.2, 600cc
    Some good old elbow grease wont do no harm.

(In a Hick southerner voice)

My Cars
    BMW 540i
    Originally posted by slickav
    Some good old elbow grease wont do no harm.
    Thank you for that wonderfull and informative tip, Slick.

My Cars
    BMW 323is
    I have tried all that stuff, and I found that either simple green and a soft brush, or in a plastic spray bottle mix 6oz. of ivory soap, 1oz. of 409 cleaner and 8 to 10 oz. water is mild enough for the wheels and if you wax your wheels with Meguiers #7 and another application of Meguiers gold the above mixture will just wash off any brake dust. I also clean my wheels once a week to keep them looking like new. Try the mixture it works and is not very expensive.