• Yes, let them have a little space

419 78.91%
  • no, there are just like any other e36

112 21.09%
Page 10 of 57 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: BMW 318ti roll call

My Cars
    330m ti
    What's clubsport. I will post some pics soon of the euro spec ti. Damn it's nice to see all these ti's representing. Talk to you soon

My Cars
    ///M s52
    Why do my rear brakes rattle? Anybody do a rear brake upgrade? Looks like BAV auto has some cross drilled rear discs for our cars. They looked vented and cross drilled? Do the ti use the same rear disc vrakes as the 325 e36 cars

My Cars
    M3-less
    Originally posted by ClubSport332ti
    Why do my rear brakes rattle?
    Your parking brake cable is probably loose. You can take out some of the slack by pulling up the boot around the ebrake and adjusting it there or take off the rotor and tighten it up.
    Current: looking
    Past: 2012 BMW 318d Touring M-Sport, 05' Lotus Elise, 08' VW GTI, 99' Apline White M3, 95' 318ti

My Cars
    1995 M3 - 1966 Mustang 2+2 - 2003 Z4
    Originally posted by ClubSport332ti
    Do the ti use the same rear disc vrakes as the 325 e36 cars
    Nope. The 318ti rear rotors are different from all other models.
    www.understeer.com
    Your source for:
    Stromung|UUC|Eurosport|Hawk|H&R|Koni|Apexcone HID|Short Shift Kits|and more
    UUC Evo3 SSKs are IN STOCK - free 2-Day shipping!

My Cars
    95 318ti
    1995 Red Active? Sport? Not too sure yet. I just bought it from a guy that bought it from his brother that works with BMW. I was told that this car was one of the press cars....in New Jersey.

Got it for cheap...plus it was well maintained by a local dealer, Weatherford BMW.

I believe we need to support 318ti.org.
    Motorcyclist gone auto...:

My Cars
    ///M s52

ebrake

Originally posted by Ralliart
    Your parking brake cable is probably loose. You can take out some of the slack by pulling up the boot around the ebrake and adjusting it there or take off the rotor and tighten it up.
    mine is overly tight if anything. I can wiggle the inside pad around but don't know how to make it stop moving and causing this fricken rattle

My Cars
    ///M s52

support

Originally posted by 93e36

I believe we need to support 318ti.org.
    True but that interface is bad, the responces are slow and traffic is down. Maybe they can support us

My Cars
    98 cosmos M3, 98 332
    318ti.org is good, but not enough people are on it. maximun of like 10 new posts each week. also- not being able to post pictures in threads isn't really too cool. (pictures ONLY allowed in photo album)

Mustaches For Kids 2008
    www.m4knc.com

My Cars
    ///M s52
    Man maybe Steven can set up a better server if we donate like $5

My Cars
    '96 318ti, '15 Focus ST
    hey just lowered the car. i tell you i always new the rear of the Ti was that of an E30, yet i still tried to take the rear springs out the way the Bentley E36 books says to. nope, wasnt the same. it was still a pretty easy install, if not time consuming. the look n feel is great. i noticed one thing though. i think the previous owner lied to me the car not being in an accident. when i put the left rear spring in, i noticed that the fender was different and that the paint job wasnt quite the same as the rest. ALSO more importantly, i noticed that all the 3 other fenders have a rolled appearance, where as the left rear fender wasnt. now i have to roll the left rear so that it does not scrape. ill borrow my friends digital camera and take pictures in the morning.
    BMWMOFO C6MPACT

My Cars
    95 318ti
    What is the EXACT difference of the rear springs and shocks? Do you have pics of a 318ti suspension and a normal e36 coupe or sedan??

I am trying to sell my Cup Kit, but find out I am going to take a serious loss. If I can somehow salvage what I have...that would be great!

HELP!!!!
    Motorcyclist gone auto...:

My Cars
    '96 318ti, '15 Focus ST
    i will take pictures today, but the rear end of the 318ti is that of an E30 BMW; the body style right before ours. to take the rear shocks off, it was so easy. the instructions on the bentley for the E36 were the same. to remove the springs, on an E36 you just disconnect the shock from the rear arm, and then disconnect the half shaft (i believe that is the name for it) from the final drive in the differential via 6 star bolts. i did this and still could not lower the rear arm low enough to loosen the spring out of the rubber spring pads. i looked at it and realized that the book did not say to disconnect the rear sway bar linkage, which was attached to the rear arm. i disconnected the linkage and the arm lowered another 2 inches. i was then able to pry the stock springs out using a pry bar. ive never worked on a coupe/sedan but from the book it says that the rear spring is connected with a security chain??? and the spring is seated differently i believe.

maybe i should just take pix and do a small write up for the rear.

also the rear looks very different from the pic of my car in my sig. that pic ws taken last saturday after i lowered the front. now the rear tucks covering about 2 cm of the tire. it looks VERY nice and drives a whole lot better. i think the 1 year of research and the "maybe ill get this one, nahhhh ill wait some more" was worth it.
    BMWMOFO C6MPACT

My Cars
    Bmw 335 coupe, M-Tech Ti project, Porsche 986

RED/CLEAR TAIL LIGHTS FOR TI

Well, since this IS the unofficial ti forum I'll post a question.

I'm looking for some euro-red/clear tail lights for my ti and I’m wondering if any of you know of a place where I could pick some up for a good deal...When I check the net and even e-bay they all sell them in the $300 range for the ti, which is quite a lot for just the tails, considering that they can be picked up for much cheaper for both the coupe and sedan e36's. Any help is greatly appreciated,

Thanks

Performance by CG Motorsports

My Cars
    98 cosmos M3, 98 332
    you can try bavarian, or bmp

Mustaches For Kids 2008
    www.m4knc.com

My Cars
    Thanks Schussey!! These prices are more like it!

My Cars
    ///M s52
    Originally posted by JedzE36/5
    i will take pictures today, but the rear end of the 318ti is that of an E30 BMW; the body style right before ours. to take the rear shocks off, it was so easy. the instructions on the bentley for the E36 were the same. to remove the springs, on an E36 you just disconnect the shock from the rear arm, and then disconnect the half shaft (i believe that is the name for it) from the final drive in the differential via 6 star bolts. i did this and still could not lower the rear arm low enough to loosen the spring out of the rubber spring pads. i looked at it and realized that the book did not say to disconnect the rear sway bar linkage, which was attached to the rear arm. i disconnected the linkage and the arm lowered another 2 inches. i was then able to pry the stock springs out using a pry bar. ive never worked on a coupe/sedan but from the book it says that the rear spring is connected with a security chain??? and the spring is seated differently i believe.

maybe i should just take pix and do a small write up for the rear.

also the rear looks very different from the pic of my car in my sig. that pic ws taken last saturday after i lowered the front. now the rear tucks covering about 2 cm of the tire. it looks VERY nice and drives a whole lot better. i think the 1 year of research and the "maybe ill get this one, nahhhh ill wait some more" was worth it.
    318ti uses the e30 rear springs, the are much thinner than the e36 ones. Post pics when you get a chance

My Cars
    ///M s52

Re: RED/CLEAR TAIL LIGHTS FOR TI

Originally posted by 96bmw318ti
    Well, since this IS the unofficial ti forum I'll post a question.

I'm looking for some euro-red/clear tail lights for my ti and I’m wondering if any of you know of a place where I could pick some up for a good deal...When I check the net and even e-bay they all sell them in the $300 range for the ti, which is quite a lot for just the tails, considering that they can be picked up for much cheaper for both the coupe and sedan e36's. Any help is greatly appreciated,
    Thanks
    OEM euro red/clr at Circle BMW for $75 a side

My Cars
    07 335 / 97 318ti
    Another TI here. Man I usally dont check out this section cuz its most about 325's but good work guys on keeping it going. We just need some more Ti's to be around southern cali and show up to meets. Come on me and my buddy cant do it all for yea guys.

My Cars

Clears or smoked????

Thanks for the help on the tails!!! Now what do you think I should go for, the clears or the smoked tail lights?

Does anyone have any pics of the smoked tails on a ti?? I've never seen them mounted, so i'm having a hard time judging what the would look like installed. BTW i'm currently running the smoked front and side indicators on my black ti (see sig).

My Cars
    4 old ones
    With the ti getting rear ended all the time I don't think it's wise to darken your brake lights. I have clear with an amber bulb. And clear with white bulbs are just abnoxious.

I'd also recommend doubling up the brake lights while you are in there.

http://www.318ti.org/notebook/brakelights/

...steven BMWCCA 146825
    http://318ti.org | http://bmwcca.org/forum
    1995 318ti Club Sport - 1996 328ti Sport - 1991 325iC - 2003 Mini Cooper S

My Cars
    96 330ti
    96 ti M package 189,+++ miles still running good but getting ready to drop in a 95 M3 engine w/62,000 miles ,5 speed tranny ,and front suspension.changes so far ASC roof spoiler,ASC 3pc spoiler , ASC 3pc 17"(8" in front /9"in rear) rims , black out grills ,euro angel eye's headlights, smoked lights all around ,M3 mirrors ,remus cat back ,euro front plate ,and bav auto lowering springs

My Cars
    ///M s52

Re: Clears or smoked????

Thanks for the help on the tails!!! Now what do you think I should go for, the clears or the smoked tail lights?

Does anyone have any pics of the smoked tails on a ti?? I've never seen them mounted, so i'm having a hard time judging what the would look like installed. BTW i'm currently running the smoked front and side indicators on my black ti (see sig).
    I like the red and white tail lights. You could always spray paint the OEM tails lights with candy apple red paint and make them all red then tint them to make them smoked. Seath had the all red lights in his car

My Cars
    ///M s52
    Originally posted by 1996 328ti
    With the ti getting rear ended all the time I don't think it's wise to darken your brake lights. I have clear with an amber bulb. And clear with white bulbs are just abnoxious.

I'd also recommend doubling up the brake lights while you are in there.

http://www.318ti.org/notebook/brakelights/
    That is a great mod, I am going to do mine this weekend.

My Cars
    no BMW at the time

Re: Clears or smoked????

If you're currently running smoked up front, then the logical answer would be to run smoked in the rear too. Even though I'm a fan of Clears (with "yolk" delete)
    Ordered: '14 BMW M4
    Current: '08 Suzuki GSXR 1000; '08 HD Street Bob
    Previous: '06 BMW 330Ci; '06 Mercedes CLK-350; '04 Acura TL A-Spec; '95 BMW 318ti

My Cars
    ///M s52
    I second the "yolk delete"

Page 10 of 57 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast