Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: Small problem, need connection solution...

My Cars
    13E70X5M

Small problem, need connection solution...

Hi,

My problem is that I have a sub enclosure mounted to my battery cover and the sub wires go from the enclosure to the amp. When I need to access my battery the only thing to do is remove the 8 screws and disconnect the sub, then place the enclosure aside, so as not to damage the sub.

I want a quick disconnect between the amp and the sub so I can remove the entire sub assy at once. I've seen some Monster Banana connectors I can use for one half of the wires, but I haven't been able to find a crimp type female banana connector to complete the qd. Any ideas/suggestions?

TIA
    jeremy
    Last edited by argento; 08-08-2006 at 11:22 PM.

My Cars
    '98 M3/4, '98 318ti, '87 325

My Cars
    13E70X5M
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjollnir

Thanks for the help, I'll try RS tomorrow. I was aiming for inline b/c I don't have room for plate mounts. The only place to fit a plate mount is the front b/c the enclosure is surrounded on all other sides. I don't think it would fit on the bottom b/c it would physically interfere with the battery once connected.

My Cars
    '98 M3/4, '98 318ti, '87 325
    Somethign like this recesed angled banana plug jack
    http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=260-303
    would fit under and not interfere as long as you connected the wires to the end of the banana plugs instead of the end like these
    http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=090-460
    The wire goes in the end then a set screw crimps it in place.

My Cars
    13E70X5M
    OK, just thought I'd finish this thread. I found a banana female to banana female connector. I spliced the cable inline and then wrapped it in a insulated fabric that was wrapped around my bluetooth connector...good thing I saved it.

Jeremy

My Cars
    00 528i Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by argento

I want a quick disconnect between the amp and the sub so I can remove the entire sub assy at once.
    This is the ideal connector for your application:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshow...number=092-058

They are reasonably weathertight, vibration proof, and most importantly---they can handle gobs of current such as delivered into a subwoofer. Banana plugs suck for high-current applications, and are not recommended for what you have in mind.

Matthew

My Cars
    13E70X5M
    Dang, that is perfect. I may get a couple. Where were you last month?? lol. Thanks!