Thread: need new windows... tint question

My Cars
    a few

need new windows... tint question

i bought my 328 not too long ago, and the tints were purple, soo i took them off with a hair dryer, and they came off fine, but the glue was still there. soo one day when i was at school my dad decided to take things into his own hands and try and take the glue off, long story short it looks like wolverine went to town on my windows, and he also f'd up some of the grid work on the rear defogger, soo he said he'd pay for new windows. soo does anyone have a ballpark idea of what it might cost, soo were prepared when we walk into BMW. and also i was wondering if i'm gettin all new windows anyway, is there a way to order or have made the windows permanently tinted, or i was even thinkin mayb try something different and see if i could have the light blue mercedes tints done. i've been searchin the internet and came up with nothing, any ideas?

My Cars
    E36//4/5
    ooh.. that sucks! I suggest going to a local junk yard to get your windows. It would be a lot cheeper than the dealer. How badly is it scratched? As for the tint, i heard of people spray painting it but have not seen it for myself. I suggest getting film tint. Depending on your interior color you want to take into consideration what is best. My interior is dove grey so i got 15% all around. If you have black interior 20% will be dark enough.

My Cars
    a few
    yea thats an idea too, i'll check some junk yards soon, and as for the tints i have the black interior, soo i was plannin on 20% all around, mayb a little lighter on the windshield. and on the topic of the permanent tints i had like the OEM type permanent tints in mind, im sure theres a way to do it, and i thought the blue mercedes tints would be a nice touch too, something different, i think they'r blue to reduce glare or something

My Cars
    96 BMW 328i
    Yeap, i have 15% on dove.
    "When tolerance becomes a one way street, it leads to cultural suicide."

My Cars
    E36//4/5
    15% on the dove ftw!! =)

My Cars
    a few
    anyone else have any ideas, or know anything about the permanent/spray tinting?