Harrison Motorsports

Thread: Would Really like to find a e30, local for 1500 or less

My Cars
    Black '85 325e

Would Really like to find a e30, local for 1500 or less

Basicaly, I'd like to find one that's cheaper becasue i'ts missing some of these parts:

-radio
    -steering wheel
    -seats
    -trunk

I'd love to find a mint red 89 vert, but I serioulsy doubt thats going to happen, so lets just see if i can find anything?

Are there any places that I should be looking? I'm interested in all cars for sale in that price range that are within 100 miles, so if you know of any, please let me know.

Basicaly, if you know where i can pickup a e30 for under 1501 dollars, pm me or whatever... i'll be checking this every hour lol

oh- and you can bet it's gona be taken care of like a champ (just like my old one), especialy since i shoudl be making 250 dollars a week

My Cars
    TRM Stage 1.34
    Man $250 a week would've had me living like a king back when I lived with mom and dad.

Would you be interested in one that doesn't run? Basically I bought a car with no motor and bought a motor and put it in, so all that's left is to wire up the motor and install a tranny and clutch. It's an '86 with an '88 i motor with a new timing belt, water pump and such. I have all the parts, mostly brand new from BMW, to get it running. $1k or so + the tranny from your 325e. I can deliver it.

If you want to make a few bucks off the parts from your eta, let me know. Otherwise I'll get it all at a junkyard.

Matt
    No PMs. Email through forum please.

My Cars
    Black '85 325e
    yeah, i started to pull the driveshaft from my eta... i don't think you want it, it's pretty bashed up/ seems to be bent up from the accident... i'll take some pictuers later tonight for you.

As for that car... i'm really not that good with installing clutches/transmissions, but do you have any pictures of the car? do ya think it'll be all that hard to get it runnin?

oh -- and laying concrete sidewalks at 10 a hour FTW

My Cars
    TRM Stage 1.34
    If you're not really interested, I'll just get it running and sell it on here for even more.

http://git.facebook.com/album.php?ai...35&id=12800010

Matt

Edit: I would still take the pedal box out of your car, and the whole clutch hydraulic system. Don't cut the rubber hose, it's $75 at the dealer!

My Cars
    Black '85 325e
    what do you mean by 'pedal box'?

My Cars
    Black '85 325e
    oh, and i can't really make out the pictures... i may be interested

is it the red one? if so, how would it be running with just my transmission (as the red one's an automatic)?

My Cars
    TRM Stage 1.34
    No, my car's an automatic. I want your transmission for my daily driver, a white e30. The red one's a stick. It'll come with all the stuff you need to get it running. You can click the pictures to make them bigger...

Pedal box = the thing that the brake and clutch pedal bolt to. And I want the 2 hydraulic cylinders, one in the transmission and one in the car. And I want the lines that connect them.

Matt

My Cars
    Black '85 325e
    yeah, i'll remove that tonight... any tips?

also i'm very confused now as to what your trying to sell me for 1k? the red one that had no clutch/transmission? or what now

My Cars
    TRM Stage 1.34
    It's just 6 13mm bolts if I remember correctly. Make sure you disconnect the brake linkage and undo the hydraulic lines from the clutch master cylinder. Then get under the car and take off 2 (10mm, I think) bolts that hold the slave cylinder to the tranny and pull the hydraulic hoses out, too.

I am not trying very hard to sell you anything. I am in a buying mood. The red car has a motor but no tranny installed (it's included), but it's all ready for a stick tranny to be swapped in. I would let it go for $1k. It has an i motor.

Matt

My Cars
    Black '85 325e
    ok so let me get this straight...

the red car: 1k and all it needs is the transmission that bolts right up? but it's included?

oh- and will my bentley assist me in removing the pedal box?

My Cars
    TRM Stage 1.34
    Exactly. Well, that and you'll need to wire up the motor, but I can show you how to do that. You should probably replace the clutch, too, which would be another $130 or so. $1500 doesn't buy you much e30.

You shouldn't really need the bentley, but I guess it could be useful. Heres a diagram... http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...83&hg=35&fg=05 You don't have to take it all the way apart, just take everything in the diagram out of the car.

Matt

My Cars
    E30 Cab, too many other E30's, Denali, GSXR
    13mm for the slave cylinder
    Don't cut the rubber hose, it's $75 at the dealer! ???? what???? I get them for $4. Let me know next time you need one, I can save you like 95%
    Last edited by Mr. X; 04-29-2006 at 07:46 AM.

Caution:
    BMP Rear bumper after 16+ hours of custom fiberglass work for proper fit. Do not buy under the belief that this is even close to a bolt on part.
    Motorsport Roundels and GraphX

My Cars
    TRM Stage 1.34
    I'm not saying I'm gonna pay that much either, but the list on that is $75.

Matt