RM European Auto Parts

Thread: Driver's seat loose. How to tighten?

My Cars
    '00 328Ci

Driver's seat loose. How to tighten?

Subject is a: 2 Door, 1995 325is with over 100,000 miles
    Front seats are: leather, heated, and powered, non-Vaders

Hi guys,
    My driver's seat has always moved just a tiny bit around corners and such. I've had the car for less than a year, and just havent made this issue a priority. But now I can really feel it shifting/moving when I take corners etc.

Questions:
    How do I tighten it?
    What tools are needed?
    Are there any bushings that need to be replaced when doing this?
    Can a novice like me do it?

Thanks in advance for your help!

My Cars
    1995 540i, 2007 VW EOS, 2008 Acura MDX
    I have the same problem, and I did find part of the problem. I found that one of the mounting bolts was not tight and allowed the seat to "rock" a little bit. The weird thing was that the bolt was tightened down as far as it would go, but was not snug against the seat frame. I had to remove the bolt and slide on a couple of washers so that I could snug it up tight. That cured the rocking part. I still have an annoying sqeak that seems to come from either the rear of the seat cushion, or the bottom of the seat back. It usually sqeaks when I go around corners. Drives me nuts... can't figure out how to fix. I taken the seat out, and removed the back cover and tightened every fastener I could find. (There all TORX, which makes it real hard to get any TORQUE on them, so I can't say with confidence that I did any good.)
    Sometimes I think about putting in a set of Sparco's or something just to get rid of the squeaks!
    The only thing new in the world, is the history that you don't know - Harry S. Truman