Thread: Looking to buy, need info

My Cars
    '03.5 BMW M3 6spd

Looking to buy, need info

Hello every one, my mom is looking for a used BMW to have as a spare/third car. She told me to go and find out more about them so here I am. I was thinking of either a 325i or a 330i. It would probably be manual but that is not for sure. We plan to take it to an independent mechanic (who used to work on my dad's '88 735i) and are just concerned about the maintenance cost. I have seen a lot of BMWs on the net but they have high millage, anywhere from 75-100k, and was wondering if this should be a concern. Is there anythign else I should know before looking for a BMW?

Just for reference she is looking to spend $15k-$20k total. Thanks!

My Cars
    '07 RRS, '03 325i, '94 GSX
    For starters:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=355910

It's located at the top of this forum.

My Cars
    '03.5 BMW M3 6spd
    Thanks. I saw that after I posted and read it! It was very informative. I just drove around looking at BMWs. The dealers seem to have the prices real high compared to private party. I know it's usually like that but they seem MUCH higher. Also is it worth it to go CPO or go Private Party and ask to see the service records?

My Cars
    '07 RRS, '03 325i, '94 GSX
    Everyone's different and every car is different, but I will not own another BMW without a current warranty.