Thread: Euro Ellipsoids installed. Some problems..........

My Cars
    2012 E350

Euro Ellipsoids installed. Some problems..........

Well, i finally just finished my ellipsoids. Started at around 6P.M., and finished at around 12 Trying to work with only 1 small light is hard. Well, after a bunch of problem solving etc, i finally got them working. I had to move my factory alarm horn because it was in the way of the ellipsoids. Now, when i try to lock, unlock the doors with the factory alarm remote, it just gives me 3 beeps, which is supposed to indicate that one of my doors is still open. Anyone know what the problem is? Also, my left ellipsoid must not have a good connection or something, because it flashes on and off. I'll try to fix both of these problems tommorow. With the xenons in, the lights look very sick!!!!! I love em. Now I just gotta fix those 2 things, and I will feel good about the install. A definite must. Oh, and i also need to install the daytime running lights. Supreme power parts didn't come with the instructions to do so. And also, the diagram for Supreme power parts was wrong for my 99 m3. It said there were 2 white wires, when there was only 1, and 1 brown, when there was 2. So I just followed bav auto's to the T. I needed to find a clip tho to make it work. If you haven't seen the Ellipsoids yet, I suggest you do. It makes a big difference!!!

My Cars
    2012 E350
    Oh, and strangly when my headlights aren't working, my daytime running lights are going on BOTH lights. So the daytimes and the nighttimes are going on the right headlight, but only the daytimes on the left. I haven't done the install for the daytimes yet, so maybe you guys can help me explain what exactly is wrong. Thanks

My Cars
    08 Golf 20v
    i think you mean city lights, not daytime running lights... the city lights are the european equivelent to our parking lights(thus they only come on when u turn the switch)... in europe the corner lights are ONLY turnsignals and not a combo like ours
    '08 Golf 20v - Ex's: '06.5 GTI, '04.5 GLI, '95 VR6-T; '01.5 GTI; '93 325i

My Cars
    2012 E350
    Yah, i meant the citylights.

My Cars
    s/c '95 m3, ‘17 fo
    I got the ellipsoids from SPP but didn't use their instructions. I think I used Jim Bassetts. SOrry I don't have the webpage for it. The city light part is really simple, just need to tap into some source of power. Good luck!

My Cars
    Lots
    I just did mine today. It sounds like you might have a bad ground in the connector.

Here's a link to my writeup on it from today.

http://www.apexcone.com/Lighting/Eur...llipsoids.html

I'll be doing the HIDs and Angel Eyes in the next couple of weeks. I'm still researching the HID kits and thinking about how to cut the glass a bit for the angel eyes.

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    I got mine from Phoenix Microlite... the instructions were PERFECT.... no problems or anything. The xenons are amazing too. All the wiring was pretty straightforward. ( i ended up taking out the parking lights and city lights by snipping a wire cause they didn't go with the xenon's color)

Hope you figure everything out,
    Josh
    96 Lux M3 ~RIP~
    95 Lux M3- Purple people eater!!!!!

My Cars
    Lots
    I wonder if a blueish tint bulb in the city lights would match things up again? I only want to pull them out one time. So I'll have to research things while I'm travelling around on b'ness.

My Cars
    95 M3
    If got a set of blue (they light up white) Raybrig 5W bulbs in my city lights, and they match up perfectly with the Xenon lights. Give them a shot. I got mine at my local Asian import parts hole-in-the-wall. I think I got jacked on the price, but oh well...what price vanity?...

My Cars
    2012 E350
    I found out what was wrong with the alarm. The hood sensor metal attachment thing pushed into the hood lining too much, so it wasn't touching when closed. I just put some tissue paper in there, now it closes fine. As for the headlights, i found it was a faulty crimp barb, so I got some on order. Now I just need to put my xenons into the fogs, hook up the city lights, put bulbs in there, and im finished with the install. What length of 18 gauge wire should I buy for the city lights? Thanks.

You'll need less than a foot of wire for each side to wire up the city lights. I replaced the city light bulbs with a pair of polarg 5W bulbs and they are much whiter than the ones that came with the ellipsoids. They'll match up quite nicely with the HIDs.
    TD///M3
    '97 Cosmos M3/4