Thread: Engine modding help

My Cars
    s/c '95 m3, ‘17 fo

Engine modding help

hey everyone,

well first off here's what's under the hood of my car as of now...(not much!) it's a '95 m3

dinan cf cai, b&b triflo exhaust, and dinan ecu

ok naturally i'm thinking of forced induction for the bang for the buck, but now i'm thinking of just going n/a. what mods would you pick to maximize the power increase? cams? (if so, Schrick or DSR?) throttle body? (doesn't seem to help much, does it?) Euro HFM w/ chip? (probably next on my list) LTW flywheel? (don't relaly want the chattering noise) SS headers? (or maybe some 3.2l headers?)

price IS a factor.

any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

My Cars
    96' 993 911 C2
    Sam if you wanna go NA, you already know the mods needed.

Let me tell you tho, the lightweight flywheel is my favorite engine mod (technically a drivetrain mod but whatever.) The most quiet lightweight flywheel i've heard in the UUC. I have a mueller and it rattles like a bitch. Would I do it again if I knew how much it rattled? Hell yes.

Also if you're gonna do cams, you will need the euro hfm. Normally I'd say just go with schrick but since you are so close to dsr, why not try them out. However, if I do remember correctly, DSR uses regrinded OEM cams.

As far as headers and such goes, I dunno anything about them. I do know that they are not the bottle neck of the whole system, so work on other things first, i.e. euro hfm. I'm SERIOUSLY considering cams right now since my engine in apart away...but i dunno yet. I want to make sure I will pass smog. I'll let you know.

Seems like someone needs more power. I have the perfect solution, go get a 996 911!! Such wonderful vechicles....
    <font size="1">Jimmy

Porsche Carrera
    Bilsteins/ROW M030 | BBS RE | GT2 CF Spoiler | GT2 Splitter | OEM Aero Ib side skirts | Alpine CDA-9835 / KCA-420i | 6000K HID | RSR Exhaust / Techart Tips | 97' ECU |