Bimmerforums Upgrade Garage The Tire Rack

Thread: Should I stay with staggered fitment?

My Cars
    330CIC

Should I stay with staggered fitment?

Hello!

I got a 330CIC sport package with staggered 18'' M-wheels. I'm looking into new wheels.

Should I get another staggered set? Or go with the same for all four wheels?

Thanks.
    David

My Cars
    BMW 525I
    It depends on what you want. The car willl handle better with the same size on all four corners. It does look more aggressive with the wider rear tires.
    If I can help let me know.

If ordering through the web site click through one of the banners and list "Jim" as a previous contact. The Tire Rack will direct a portion of the proceeds back to the the Bimmerforums.com site.

Tire & Wheel Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

My Cars
    98 M3/4
    I don't have complaints with my staggered setup until the tires are squealing. How often do you do that? the other benefit is being able to move your wheels/tires front to rear to get a little more life out of them.

My Cars
    2009 335i manual coupe
    By asking the question, I assume handling is of some importance to you. If that is the case, I suggest you make the move to a square setup. It really makes a significant improvement in handling by reducing understeer. I am very pleased with 255/40-18 on my M3, but I don't know about clearance issues on your car.