Autogeek.net Car Care Products
** 10% off @ Autogeek.net - PinnacleWax.com & Wolfgangcarcare.com - Coupon Code = clubmember
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is the best Tire dressing

My Cars
    BMW Serie 5
    Did not find another topic, so I guess I'll post it here. I looked over various dressings and as I am trying to find the best one... I realize one thing. Old is not the gold. What I mean by that is for example:
    dunno what it is, my dad owns a used rv/car dealership, and gets this oil based stuff in huge barrels(50 gallon barrel i think) and it lasts forever...its amazing, ill see if i can get ahold of him to find out what it is...i just know its an oil based spray and it lasts weeks upon weeks
    That is not good; it was exactly my problem! My tire blew out in the middle of the road because of that. Usually the dressings that are based on silicone oils have that problem that they tend to last very long but also wear off the tire. I did not realize that until I read some guides about that. So my tire wear probably happened because of cited thing. Oil based stuff that actually damaged the tire. Fortunately nowadays the manufacturers bring more and more products that are water based and no longer have those dangerous oils. So, if you are using the tire dressing, be careful what are you using. I learned that the hard way and perhaps this cautionary tale will repel some people like me from doing similar mistake.
    Last edited by carield; 08-14-2016 at 10:38 AM.

My Cars
    01 750il, E38/9 Parts
    Quote Originally Posted by MP525i View Post
    another vote goes to the meg.'s high endurance gel.

if i have loads of time (where it can sit over night), i put a thick coat on the tires. once morning hits, it has absorbed into the tires and leaves a great shine for 2-3 weeks (without rain that is). even after a rain storm or two, it still holds up very well. i'm always impressed with it's shine.

-mike
    +1 I use Meguiar's for almost everything
    --- 750il Maintenance/Restoration Thread --- E38/9 Parts Cars --- YouTube Channel ---

My Cars
    01 740iL & 92 GTI
    I like to use Sonax Tire Gloss Gel lasts long too!

No BITCHASSEDNESS!!

My Cars
    E92 335i xdrive coupe Ms
    Chemical Guys Tire and Trim Gel for Plastic and Rubber or Autoglym tire dressing.

My Cars
    88M6 01330ci 07X3si
    Nitro Shield I have it on my wife's 17 X3 and 2010 SL 55 lasts up to 6 months when applied properly.

http://www.nitroshield.com/

Nothing better IMHO !

My Cars
    EviL E36 sedan
    We use Adams Polishes VRT on our Toyo tires for the e36 as well as all of our vehicles. Goes on dry to the touch, no sling at all and provides a nice finish like more of a matte/satin finish. Apply with there foam block and it comes out beautiful, plus no mess!

Check out www.adamspolishes.com awesome products
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Evil E36; 08-31-2016 at 02:10 PM.

My Cars
    '97 E36 M3
    Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Gel from Autogeek.com is what I use now. I have never had it sling and it lasts for weeks. And it doesn't turn the tires brown. I used to use the Meguiars High Endurance gel and after it had slung all over the side of my car I stopped using it unless I buff it till it's dry on the tires.
    You can get free samples of stuff at Autogeek with your order and I almost always get the pinnacle tire gel.

My Cars
    Ford cmax 2013
    Personally I use Eagle One 836610 Tire Shine Gel . It is one of the best product on the market . And also Trinova ,Griot's Garage and Meguiar's have good tire shine products . When you want to buy a new tire shine products ,you should followings . Price , Prep Work , Ease of Application and also types . We have different types of tire shine products on the market such as Aerosol Pray , Gel , Liquid and Container size .

My Cars
    1989 BMW 325i
    Try out carpro PERL, you'll never go back to anything else. No sling, no mess, consistantmatte sheen and lasts a few weeks!
    Quote Originally Posted by zydio View Post
    ok i confess, i did it. i had to suck alot of dick to make it happen though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12