Autogeek.net Car Care Products
** 10% off @ Autogeek.net - PinnacleWax.com & Wolfgangcarcare.com - Coupon Code = clubmember
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the best Tire dressing

My Cars
    325Ci

What is the best Tire dressing

Hi

I found out that everyone was talking about wax but not many threads about Tire Dressing. I saw from the 101 post about Mother FX Tire Shine (High Gloss). Is that the best one? I am using ArmorAll Tire dressing. It is very shiny but I think the tire spin the dressing out and got onto the wheels and paint.

Which one do you use?

My Cars
    Yes
    Any tire shine product is going to sling off onto the paintwork if you apply too much.

I used to use Meguiar's High Endurance gel, which smelled good and made the tires shiny. Now I prefer the satin look of Vinylex.

My Cars
    E36, F10, W205
    i like the tire dressing made by Zaino. Ill probably try the vinylex though next time.

its water-based, so it doesnt last as long though. it doesnt get gunkey or sticky though, like silicon based tire dressings.

My Cars
    98 M Roadster
    Meguire's Hot Shine is what I use. It makes the tires nice and black, and keeps them dark even after a Simple Green scrubbing. Nice gloss too, but that wears off after a day or 2 outside.

My Cars
    Turbo 97 E36 M3, 99 M3
    Every tire dressing is going to wear off pretty quick. What I do is use any tire shine (spray bottle) and use the sponge to spread it evenly. Continue to spread it so that all areas are cover, and then let it dry for a couple of minutes. This will give it an even shine and prevent it from "slingin" off onto the paint...works for me.
    1997 Arctic Silver/Black M3
    CES Stage IV (651rwhp/615rwtq @ 24 psi)

1999 Techno Violet/Dove M3
    Auto/Convertible and staying stock!

My Cars
    05 M3 ZCP, 11 335d
    Poorboys Bold n Bright for me.

~AIM- liquidtiger720 ~ Josh M. ~www.jmscribble.com

My Cars
    BMW '04 330Ci 6sp. Silver Grey Metallic

Tire dressing

I use Griot's rubber dressing. Nice clean fresh rubber look. It depends what look you like. Shiny like a HotWheels car or the natural rubber look. Or something in between.

My Cars
    2007 335i Coupe
    I am a fan of the Zaino stuff and also Wolfgang tire treatment. Both seem to last quite a while and go on very easily.

I have found I am much happier with dressings that you wipe on rather than spray. They seem to have a much more even application that rarely ever slings anywhere. Of course, you need to let the car sit for a little while after any type of application to prevent any type of sling.
    2007 335i Space Grey Coupe
    2009 128i Alpine Weiss

My Cars
    stuff
    I prefer a solid black rubber-look compared to a shine, any suggestions on what I should use in the future?

My Cars
    1999 E36 coupe
    I use the aromal stuff too. I just paint it on with a paint brush. Lasts a couple of days...
    *Angel Eyes * Euro Clear Tails/Sides/Corners * Tint * Bilstein Shocks * H&R Sport Springs * 18 x 8.5 around * M3 Midpipes * M3 Cats * M3 Catback

My Cars
    2001 BMW 530i
    I've used several mentioned above.

Armorall - I quit using it on my dash several years ago so I used the reest on my tires. Makes the tires black, but doesn't last very long.

Vinlyex - The replacement for Armorall. About the same on the tires.

Amorall Extreme Tire Shine - I hate this stuff - greasy, slings off. Used it twice. Now reserved for wheel wells.

303 Protectant - Good for the interior and works well on the tires. Stays on a little longer than Armorall and Vinylex, maybe a week.

Meguiars High Endurance Gel - Too shiny for my taste, but it lasts a long time. Especially if you apply two coats.

Optimum Tire Shine - Works well. Lasts a couple of weeks, but it is expensive.

BTW, Westley's Bleche White makes the tires black, too.
    Steve
    2001 530i/5 S+P CDV delete/Akebono ceramic pads/M5 SSK/RedLine MTL/M5 rear sway bar
    BMWCCA Member #337964

My Cars
    91 318is
    I like the meguiars high endurance gel. Last along time and easy to put on.

My Cars
    '97 540i, '10 Vette GS
    Yes, i've found that Westley's Bleach White works very well for taking the rubber back to it's core appearance, as though they came right off the rack.

From there a damp sponge with Armor All does the trick for me. As with most products though it never lasts long enough.

04/1997 Build Date. 84,000 miles. Mods limited to black BMW roundel front license plate, wheel locks and an M5 rear trunk lip spoiler. 12" Kicker sub and amp in the trunk.

My Cars
    E53 X5, E36 328i
    Meguiars High Endurance Gel for me. It works better than anything else that I've tried. I like that you apply it yourself and its not a spray on. I usually apply, wait a few minutes, then wipe excess off with a rag. This way it doesn't sling off. Lasts muuuuch longer than anything else also, several weeks if it doesn't rain or anything.

My Cars
    00 328Ci, 06 M3, 01 325i
    Meguiar's High Endurance Gel here too. It has a uniform look that a lot of sprays can't match, slightly glossy but not at all streaky. A second application makes it really shiny, but even just one will last forever.

My Cars
    E53 X5, E36 328i
    It is shiny, especially with more than one application. But if you run over the tires with a dry towel after applying you can take off all the excess, eliminating "sling" and also taking away some of the shine. I wouldn't bother with any spray on stuff, except for use on wheel wells.

My Cars
    2013 Ferrari F138
    meguirs NXT spray.
    lasts 1 week plus.

My Cars
    tree-ate-een-tee-eye
    Quote Originally Posted by hnoppenberger
    meguirs NXT spray.
    lasts 1 week plus.
    +1 for the NXT spray...
    That dressing makes the tires so glossy and co0o0ol haha...

-Randy
    Straights are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers. -97 Schwarz II Black 318ti Sport- Goodtimes 318ti -99 TiAg Dinan 323is -13 Scion FRS 10 Series

Now Featuring: Hartge Exhaust, 325is Vented brakes with Goodridge SS lines, clear fronts/sidemarkers (1/2 mod), Blacked out kidney grilles, Bilstein Sports with H&R Sports, E46 RSMs w/ Z3 reinforcement plates, OEM E46 M68 17" rims, 18x8.5 Hartge Classics,Gen IV DEPOs w/ 4500k HIDs and city lights
    Coming soon:IF YOU HAVE A 318TI SPORT FS IN SOCAL, TELL ME!...DASCed 2.1 maybe?...or the new car mod...ALL IN ONE CAR!

My Cars
    06 NISSAN TITAN
    One of my favorites is the DP Gloss Tire Gel- one of the things i look for in a tire dressing is for it not to turn the tires brown after the product is gone.
    - Jason
    Autogeek.net
    We are Car Care-Autogeek.net sponsors the Show & Shine Forum
    ** 10% off @ Autogeek.net- PinnacleWax.com -Wolfgangcarcare.com - Coupon Code = clubmember

My Cars
    '97 328i & '97 lac on dubs(not really)
    I used the meguires endurence gel but aplied it before I would wash my car and would buff it hard to get as little shine as possable. then I stoped and would just use turtle wax tire shine before I washed becase was very watery and diddnt come out too shiney. my friend got 3m tire shine and the little test area I used it in came out nice not greesy at all, like most brands but scence the tires on my bmw are dry rotted and bald i havent had the need to use any tire shine. I have actually used wd-40 before and I kinda liked the way it looked you have to aply it a couple times but it is not shiney at all. I like spray better than wipe becasue you cant get in to the cracks easly with the foam pad. I also roll the car to get the under side of the side wall that is agianst the ground

will der Schnurrbart Behandlung?

www.leistungmotorwerkes.com

My Cars
    1998 Dakar Yellow BMW M3
    dunno what it is, my dad owns a used rv/car dealership, and gets this oil based stuff in huge barrels(50 gallon barrel i think) and it lasts forever...its amazing, ill see if i can get ahold of him to find out what it is...i just know its an oil based spray and it lasts weeks upon weeks

My Cars
    '14 535i, '13 X5 3.5
    another vote goes to the meg.'s high endurance gel.

if i have loads of time (where it can sit over night), i put a thick coat on the tires. once morning hits, it has absorbed into the tires and leaves a great shine for 2-3 weeks (without rain that is). even after a rain storm or two, it still holds up very well. i'm always impressed with it's shine.

-mike

My Cars
    '05 BMW wagon

Thumbs up the best tire shine

I have found over the years that the best tire shine is Tireific.
    it's different because it dries to the touch and stays on for a month. the best thing that I found is that it's waterproof too. you can wash your car or drive thru rain and this tire shine stays on. I like tireific and have never switched back to any other shine product. but everyone has their favorites.

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Good recommendations so far. But for a matte or stain look, you will have to use something else. Black Magic makes a Matte Tire Shine you can find at PepBoys, and we love it! If I want slightly more shine, I use Optimum (not expensive if you buy the bigger bottles even when compared to expensive OTC slops) applied by small mister, then wipe off with an old towel or rag. Another option is the spray and leave type products that come in a can - find the one that does not say "HIGH SHINE". Spray on and let be, or wipe after a second application.

The benefit from a water based dressing is that it will not mess up your sticky tires with residue. If you use Armor-All (or any high-shine dressing), next time you clean your ride, apply some APC to the tire and watch the brown/yellow residue start to come off. If not removed completely, this residue will look like mud once dry. Only more cleaning or more dressing will change the muddy look. Water based dressings do not have this effect. Of course, no silicone on my brakes and tires adds piece of mind as well.

My Cars
    SN95, E39 530i/5
    I have narrowed down to 2 in my arsenal....

Eagle 1 Tire Shine - My Personal Favorite. GREAT shine, but not too much where it looks tacky. Just that perfect amount of shine.

Showroom FX White Pearl Tire Dressing - I use this when i want that Clean, matt look.... Give a little shine, but looks very OEM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast