Thread: Got a sub installed in my e38 today

My Cars
    2002 BMW 745I Sport - Audi TT - Mercedes C240

Got a sub installed in my e38 today

Well,

After countless dollars I finally freaking got my sub installed. $200 later. Arg, I had to search every local shop in town to finally find a place that was willing to play with my stereo to add a sub.

I kept the factor deck (I hate aftermarket ones) ...anyways ...took them 6 hours and $200 ...arg anyways its installed...I love it...i keep it on low, and im talking almost off...but it hits ever so slightly to give the car the PERFECT sound.

joy

My Cars
    1993' 740il-Silver, 1996' 740il-Black
    What sub/amp are you running?

My Cars
    2002 BMW 745I Sport - Audi TT - Mercedes C240
    2 rockford p1's , and a 400 watt rockford amp, p2002 I think..... sounds decent...i like it anyways.. im kinda pissed though, when ever it hits...if i crank it up, my cd's skip...fuckers! ...but i turned it down ..so so i can feel the base....nothing heavy...anyways sounds good...no problems.

My Cars
    1993' 740il-Silver, 1996' 740il-Black
    Haha nice. I'm planning on getting a newer amp after I get the tints in (eD nine.2x).

My Cars
    1999 740 IL, 96 Olds Aurora (sold)
    Quote Originally Posted by TransporterE38
    2 rockford p1's , and a 400 watt rockford amp, p2002 I think..... sounds decent...i like it anyways.. im kinda pissed though, when ever it hits...if i crank it up, my cd's skip...fuckers! ...but i turned it down ..so so i can feel the base....nothing heavy...anyways sounds good...no problems.

Not sure if you have the cd in the dash or the trunk...but if you take the cd changer out and wrap it with dynomat and around the area, or line the dash where the cd player is, the skipping should severely lessen. I had the problem when my friend and I installed some subs in cars around the neighborhood.

BTW- I was going to send you an email, but not sure what car you need the seats for, but I saw some pretty nice ones for about the price you said you wanted to pay on ebay last night.