Thread: supersprint exhaust system pricing?

My Cars
    2000 540i 6 spd

supersprint exhaust system pricing?

Hi All,
    I have decided to purchase the 76mm dual round tip super sprint exhaust with their centre pipe which eliminates the resonators for my 2000 e39 540i 6spd. Now here comes the tough part........The cheapest price I've found on line is $620 usd for the exhaust and $185 usd for the centre pipe.......now these 2 pricing do not include shipping. Can anyone here direct me to vendors who sell it for less? Nobody carries them on ebay...

My Cars
    94 540,72 3.0CS,'13 WRX
    Supersprint is the most expensive type. I am not aware of any place that sells them for cheap. If you want cheap, try an alternate exhaust type.

My Cars
    Black/Black 1997 540i. Red 1989 325i coupe 5spd.
    if the centerpipe does nothing but replace the resonator, i had that done for 35 bucks at my local muffler shop.....
    1986 Red Porsche 944 Turbo lsd and sport seats
    1997 Black BMW 540i
    GO: Dinan S1 SW, ///M5 Sways, Cosmos Racing V2 Intake, Resonator Delete, Intake Silencer Delete.
    SHOW: ///M5 Wheels, ///M5 Grill, Black Wood Trim, 2001 Bumper and Angel Eyes.

Cosmos 1997 ///M3 coupe 5 speed

Red 1989 325i coupe 5 speed // Red 1989 325i coupe 5 speed // Red 1991 318is coupe 5 speed // Bronzit 1989 325i coupe 5 speed
    Blue 1998 318ti RIP
    Atlantic Blue 1973 2002

My Cars
    550i
    I always wondered if theres anything special about that supersprint resonator replacement pipe,for $185 there better be something special about it.

I payed $600 for my borla muffler,resonator delete and full install... they also cut out a notch in my bumper.
    I feel like i overpaid,im sure i could of got it done for like $400,oh well.

Heres a clip of my exhaust: http://s43.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3...A0YN4G10RX3ECJ

07' 550i Sport,Premium and Cold Weather Packages,NAV,PDC,HUD,Night Vision Camera,Logic 7,HD Radio and More...

My Cars
    04 m3 tanning machin
    damn I got the dual cans done on my car for $1200 installed

My Cars
    Looking
    Why pay so much!?

Straight pipe to replace the resonator and a magnaflow universal with S.S. tips, installed, around $300 or so.

Just my $.2 worth
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=516162
    Matt I
    BMWCCA #353696

My Cars
    530I
    I had a Bosal muffler and center pipe all installed for $200.00. This included stainless steel center pipe and exhaust. Sweeeeet!

My Cars
    2000 540i 6 spd
    I see......excellent ideas......yes I was debating going with magna flow but the hype with supersprint caught my attention.....plus I have the oem bumpers.....not the m tec bumpers so I was curious as to which ones will clear the rear bumper without a cut out..........I guess I could get the muffler shop to custom fit it but I'm worried that if the muffler shop screws up than I will be stuck with a nasty looking downward pointing dual tip exhaust....=( I might just go ahead with the muffler first....I'm still debating whether to remove the resonators or not as I don't want the car to be too loud. I've heard that without the resonator the exhaust note is rather raspy.....mustang sounding? As with pricing magnaflow fits my budget....I was looking at their 3" double walled dual round tip stainless steel muffler. Very nice in my opinion..=) Anyone here has sound clips of their exhaust without the resonator......the muffler I'm changing for sure....problem lies with whether to remove the y resonator or not and replace it with a straight pipe.....=) decisions decisions.......

My Cars
    Looking
    Quote Originally Posted by bunjimobile
    I see......excellent ideas......yes I was debating going with magna flow but the hype with supersprint caught my attention.....plus I have the oem bumpers.....not the m tec bumpers so I was curious as to which ones will clear the rear bumper without a cut out..........I guess I could get the muffler shop to custom fit it but I'm worried that if the muffler shop screws up than I will be stuck with a nasty looking downward pointing dual tip exhaust....=( I might just go ahead with the muffler first....I'm still debating whether to remove the resonators or not as I don't want the car to be too loud. I've heard that without the resonator the exhaust note is rather raspy.....mustang sounding? As with pricing magnaflow fits my budget....I was looking at their 3" double walled dual round tip stainless steel muffler. Very nice in my opinion..=) Anyone here has sound clips of their exhaust without the resonator......the muffler I'm changing for sure....problem lies with whether to remove the y resonator or not and replace it with a straight pipe.....=) decisions decisions.......
    Just do the muffler first and see how you like it. The car may be plenty loud enough for you with the resonator in place, but if its not, you can always go back later and have it removed.
    Matt I
    BMWCCA #353696

My Cars
    2000 540i 6 spd
    yup...that I shall do.....I'll post some pics of it once I'm done.....I might have to end up cutting my bumpers after all but we'll see....thanks for all the suggestions.