Thread: Got Headers :) (2.5l)

My Cars
    2010 135i M Sport 6MT

Got Headers :) (2.5l)

the install is this sat if all goes well i cant wait to get em in i will also be making a cold air intake this weekend since the one we did on my friends 740IA turned out so good!

on a side note, i have been watching these headers on ebay for about 4 months and i have seen a lot of auctions go for 200+ and i never really wanted to or needed to get them for that price and at that time. . .(i know i sound cheap but i have got a set of the same type headers for under 200 from the same seller for my hemi) so anyway, i just buckled down and bid 200. . .won the auction for 124 + 20 for shipping they got here a short 3 days after auction close! but i am sad to say that the member selling these headers is no longer a part of e-bay. . .just up and closed shop so i dont know where you all might find these stainless steel headers for your rides. . .but im glad that i snatched mine up before he closed.

My Cars
    '01 Z3 Coupe, '91 318i
    Congrats on the ebay find. Since you got such a good deal, you might want to consider using the saved money to have them coated. It cuts down the heat in the engine compartment and could prolong the life of the headers. Mine are wrapped, the old fashioned way of doing it.

My Cars
    2010 135i M Sport 6MT
    Thanks for the idea. . .can they coat stainless steel?

now i have a little bit of a problem. . .i was looking at the car. . .and it appears that i have two O2 sensors right up next to the head. . .but the headers have have the O2 about 3 inches from the collector. . .can i extend the O2 sensor wires? i heard that you can not extend them? but that was on a dodge. . .

also it appears like there are two more sensors down stream from the manifolds. . .now the way it looks is that the headers remove the cats. . .does that mean that i will need some sort of O2 sim to pass emissions? i did not realize that the cats were attached to the manifolds someone who has done this please help thanks!

My Cars
    1999 BMW M Coupe
    Coat them *and* wrap them.
    .-=[ Kenny ]=-. See the BFc Drag Racing Standings List for BMW street cars. Watch my drag racing movies on YouTube. Some info on
    BMW turbo street car Drag Racing 101

My Cars
    '01 Z3 Coupe, '91 318i
    Quote Originally Posted by 2kredz3 View Post
    Thanks for the idea. . .can they coat stainless steel?

now i have a little bit of a problem. . .i was looking at the car. . .and it appears that i have two O2 sensors right up next to the head. . .but the headers have have the O2 about 3 inches from the collector. . .can i extend the O2 sensor wires? i heard that you can not extend them? but that was on a dodge. . .

also it appears like there are two more sensors down stream from the manifolds. . .now the way it looks is that the headers remove the cats. . .does that mean that i will need some sort of O2 sim to pass emissions? i did not realize that the cats were attached to the manifolds someone who has done this please help thanks!
    Didn't do your homework Yes, you can extend the pre-cat 02 sensors. Yes, you'll have no more cats when you remove your oem manifolds. Yes, depending on your state's emission laws, you can install aftermarket cats behind the headers and extend the post-cat 02 senders, or you can leave off the cats and get 02 simulators so you don't throw a code. Been there, did that, I went with aftermarket cats

My Cars
    2010 135i M Sport 6MT
    no i was a little shocked. ..thought the big can half way through the exhaust was the cat but! if i can extend the pre cat O2 sensors then i will be good now where can i get working sims? if i cant find them then i know an old trick where you use two spark plug non fowlers drilling one out and putting it in the other. . .u can then thread the sensor into the drilled out non fowler and presto. . .restricted flow to the sensor. . .but once again that worked with the dodges. . .and they dont even look under vehicles here so they wont notice as long as the computer thinks everything is fine